Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

hourly wage - anon

Posted: Jun 26th, 2017 - 4:43 am In Reply to: Would you mind telling us how you manage that? - And please tell me something besides...

No I won't tell you all of those things. It's nearly impossible in my house to minimize distractions since I live with 2 grandchildren, my daughter and her husband, 5 dogs, 4 parakeets, a rabbit and a guinea pig and I cannot manage too many power hours. I have been transcribing at home for 41 years so am used to concentrating in chaos as I raised a large family of 6 children. I do go to bed very early and start work at 3 a.m. and get 4 power hours in before anyone is awake, including the animals. I try my best to focus while I'm typing and pay attention to right/left/date/age/lab/med discrepancies and flag as I go so I don't forget to recheck them, never guess on a med or lab value that isn't clear to me, and always fight the dreaded FIESA. I've had so many things reversed because I refuse to let them take money from me and check everything they say I've done wrong. I've had reversals where they have guessed blanks that clearly were inaudible and things that I have flagged for discrepancies that they said I have not. I will agree that the work environment is stressful and it is very mentally tiring to try to earn a paycheck having to concentrate this diligently to not have a ding in your pay. I also clock in and out whenever I'm interrupted and not typing so my time doesn't get eaten up and bump me down on the pay grid. I know I am just speaking of my situation and what works for me but I am not a manager and not making up stories about my earnings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)