Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 53)

Testing - how much is too much? - Wondering

Posted: Feb 12th, 2017 - 9:25 pm

When you apply with a company and they want you to take their test, how much do you think is asking too much?  For example, I applied with a company about a week ago and I received an email from them today wanting me to transcribe 4 different test files as well as to take a "written test," which had multiple questions to answer.  I thought that this seemed a bit excessive and very time consuming, especially since I already have a full-time job and other obligations, so I'd have to set some time aside late at night to take these tests when it's quiet and I'm not working.  If there were only one or two files to transcribe and if there wasn't a whole long page of test questions to answer, I could easily get it done in a relatively short amount of time during the afternoon when I have a bit of free time.  I fully understand that these companies want to make sure that we have the necesseary skills before proceeding further in the hiring process, but come on....

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)