Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

The courts decide..... - Just me

Posted: Oct 10th, 2016 - 7:56 am In Reply to: Bankruptcy 7 or 13 - too embarrassed to say

which you qualify for. It is hard to get chapter 7 now and to get that you have to prove there is absolutely no way to pay back anything to creditors. Either way it will be on your credit report for 10 years and getting credit at first will be very difficult and with very high interest rates, but you can eventually work to prove responsibility by starting with a secured credit card (a card you put up say $500 deposit with them, they allow you to charge up that much and you pay off what you charge to show responsibility and eventually they return that $500 to you). It can be done. Years ago I was near chapter 13 but worked through Consumer Credit Counseling to get the debts paid off after taking on a 2nd job and slowly built my credit back up. I bought a house a few years ago and keep a credit score close to 800 now. Took a lot of hard work and dedication to get that way. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)