Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Alphatranscription - Old MT

Posted: Sep 5th, 2016 - 11:35 am In Reply to: Completely different - anon

I work for Alpha and we have never had to correct work that came back from the client. Either QA, the Team Lead, or the Production Manager handles those types of things. I have worked at Alpha for many many years. I have been here when it was Alpha in MN, and then sold to iMedX, and now with the new owners. There is a goal of a lines per hour just like with any other company in the field, but the main thing that I have found they want is for you to be in working the schedule that you contracted to work. Those numbers do sound a bit high, I would contact the Production Manager and ask her about that. I have a good line production, average, not a super star, and I'm happy with my compensation. Alpha is not a bad company to work for. I know people that left during the time the company was owned, and ran, by other people who have come back and are working for the new owners and leadership. So again if someone comes back to the company that should tell you something. We also have very little turn over - sure some people leave for other jobs or it is not a good "fit" for them, but for the most part we don't have people leave. About the unanswered email - did you email the Production Manager? Maybe it went to someone else and that is why you have not received a response. I'm just throwing out ideas why you may not have heard back from someone. Only you can decide if you want to accept an offer from a company. But please try to remember that most people that post on forums are people that are not happy about a situation - you rarely hear read posts from people that are happy with their jobs. I can only speak for myself and if I'm happy about something I don't even think about forums and such. It has been my experience that not everyone is going to be happy with anything - a job, vacation, product, teacher, car, etc and if you want to read negative things about any company just read forums. I'm not interested in arguing with people about this subject - just telling you my experience. I have also seen it all - inhouse, cassette tapes, mini cassettes, over the internet to voice recognition - been in the field a long long time! I hope you make the decision that is right for you based on the information you receive from the company and digesting the information you receive - only they can tell you how their company is run. Best of luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)