Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Info on Alpha Trans. - CMT too

Posted: Sep 4th, 2016 - 4:28 pm In Reply to: Does anyone have info on Alpha Transcription? - Good place to work? nm

Website for this company and ACTS job shown on mtjobs.com this week both have logo for disabled vets small business on their website. In just checking the site again, they have more than one site, but I also found another Alpha Transcription, LLC in Minnesota, but this one is in Virginia and I found another site for them telling about formerly, very well educated military people running it the VA site. There was a posting last week from someone who worked there 2 months and said the line count was too high to achieve. I find that to be true. After interview and receiving contract, the line count is 180 typing and 360 an hour for voice. Can you believe the nerve? They told me it is 50% ESL, but all good dictators. I have never seen this line expectation EVER. The norm for the last 15+ years was always 125-150 typing and almost never 300 for voice, but usually 225-250 because they knew we could not do it twice as fast with ESLs or bad dictators. The contract also requires you to take care of jobs coming back to be corrected at no extra cost. I thought QA did all that. They also require you to fix jobs where the client changes things that are not your fault and you will be paid the difference between 1st and 2nd job, but if they just jumble a few words, you might not get paid anything or 1 line. You would be wasting free time opening/closing the job and what if they send you a bunch? That seems like they would be using us, as I have never had this situation before either. The pay on ad says 5.5 cpl and that varies. I was told on email upon asking why the contract says 4 cpl and 7.5 cpl for voice/typing instead of 5.5 that the contracts all ad extra pay depending on which account you have, so you will always get more and some holiday compensation, but no benefits and not an employee. Well, I used to work for a prominent large company and did VA accounts for 9 cpl about 8 years ago. They got eaten up by Nuance. Nuance just paid me 9 cpl, so why all this nonsense about the pay? Maybe that is the military way. These are all former officers if you find the site info. You have to compute and report your lines on a daily basis per contract. They pay twice a month with direct deposit. There was no testing for me on this one. So, NM or anyone, I don't know what to do, how about you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)