Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 62)

Okay, I won't say it. But that won't change the fact that they don't. - Heloise

Posted: Apr 15th, 2016 - 10:59 am In Reply to: It makes no sense the Feds would allow that - StillAnMT

No country's laws can control people or businesses in a different country.

Why do you think all those multinational corporations went multinational? It's because it lets them evade taxes and reporting requirements in one country by simply claiming their headquarters/business address is in a different one.

If you are a citizen of this country, then you owe taxes on your income, and the Feds can go after you whether or not there is a 1099 on file for it. They cannot go after a citizen of another country living elsewhere that you hire, though. The business hiring a foreigner overseas can still claim the expense as a business deduction on their taxes here, however, as long as they can document the payments. (And it's unlikely they are paying someone in India or the Philippines with cash passed under the table in an envelope, lol.)

If you didn't bother to research before spouting off, you are the one who needs to think things through. I have hired people overseas do do things for a business. I once worked for a foreign company. Everyone does indeed try to get a cut, and you can end up with stupid things like my current state of residence that wants to collect income tax from a foreign national who does work for a foreign company but happens to do some of it while within state lines. They can't force that commpany in another country to file 1099s or any other US tax forms, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)