Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Arrendale British Account Speech Rec.. (Views: 32)

Copied from another site I visit. - Poorer than poor

Posted: Feb 29th, 2016 - 8:54 am In Reply to: Getting back into MT - Tina

Here is some enlightening information for MTs. I decided to talk to my ex-boss (when we got let go at a health system due to Epic, she took a job traveling around the U.S. getting places set up on Epic), so I wanted to pick her brain and see where MTs are headed since I was thinking about changing careers. I wanted her opinion since she is on the front lines of this stuff and nobody else seems to want to give straight answers. Companies sure won't tell us we will be losing our jobs until the day it happens. This is what she said:

"Hi ....... - Unfortunately, MT jobs are going to be disappearing more and more. Dictation is going to Dragon, if being done at all, or by the providers using Epic tools. Mayo will be transitioning to Epic over the next few years and I think UW already is on Epic. I miss transcription. I'd still be doing it if the jobs were out there...

I see coding moving in the same direction eventually, too."

So there I have it.....Mayo is a place MTs are fighting to get into right now and they are even going to be losing their jobs within the next few years because of Epic. Nowhere is safe. I now have my answer that it's time to think about other avenues. I hate to give up a career of 20 years that I do enjoy, but I don't want to wait until the last minute and end up jobless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)