Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Here come the Andrews crew lol .. (Views: 35)

In agreement - Teresa

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2016 - 10:29 am In Reply to: TX Tanking - In Agreement

I don't know where you are employed at or how long you have been at this, but I can assure you the need is decreasing for good MTs who know their profession. This is not the fault of a manager or supervisor. This is the fault of the hospital/clinic whose only purpose is to cut costs and make a profit. MTs were sent home with the idea that this would cut their costs of housing a department and providing benefits. Imagine how many part-timers you can employ when they all work from home. I have had managers lose their positions due to cutbacks as well. I can't find fault with a manager who is under the direction of another for doing their job when they are told to cut costs.

I also find your comment about this crisis coming about because MTs were sent home to work pretty offensive. I do not have chlildren and have worked at home for 18 years. I also increased my production because I do not have a group of MTs huddled in a department talking and distracting me from my work. I treat my at-home job as a job.

Frankly, I am quite surprised by your defense of non-American MTs and have to wonder about that statement. I don't care about off-shore MTs and what they are feeling about their wages and I am sure they don't care about me and my poverty level. If they are concerned about this issue, perhaps they should be working on doing something about it rather than just accepting what pay is offered. Had it not been for the fact that off-shore MTs agreed to work for such little compensation in return, there are several jobs that I would still be at.

About the only thing I can agree on is the fact that our industry is treating its workers horribly. Whether the off-shore MTs are fairly treated is not my concern. We should be paid more money than off-shore MTs. We are American. We know the language and understand how to use it. How can a person who does not speak English as a first language be expected to transcribe another non-English speaking person's dictation into English that makes sense and the words are used properly?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)