Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Transcription Tanking - Boks Mom

Posted: Feb 18th, 2016 - 9:21 pm In Reply to: Transcription is TANKING - Teresa

You hit everything spot on. Thank you for writing this. Maybe we should all just show up at the unemployment office. Think they would listen then? Nope! With all the government mandates on EMR the transcriptionist doesn't have a leg to stand on I'm afraid. Honey, I have been in the business for 32 years and I find myself in the same situation, except for being terminated. It's close though. I have worked so many hours in QA for the large corporations and I am so burned out from over-work and low pay. The ONLY way I have ever received a raise in the past 20 years or so is if I quit and either get on with another MT company or ask to be considered for a higher paying position and actually get hired in that position. People will say "Have you ever thought about going into coding". Well yeah...sure have, but now I hear that the programs they are having the doctors create reports into is also going to be doing all the coding in one fail swoop. BAM....thousands upon thousands of jobs lost again.

Medicine has become animated and it leaves the MT in suspended animation. Most of us have been doing this sort of work for years and it's about the only thing we feel really warm and fuzzy doing. I've decided to hang it up. I'm now a dinosaur. I feel heartbroken. I am going to work at Hobby Lobby as an instructor and retail in the store when I am not having a class. I had to do something and since they had an opening and I had the desire to work, not to mention that I like to eat, I accepted the offer. The contrast is almost funny. I'm scared ^&*%less thinking about working in the public again. I love working from home and it took me YEARS to explain and get it through to family members that I AM AT WORK...PLEASE DO NOT PHONE ME! You know what? They STILL don't get it.

Oh well, as I said, I am heartbroken to leave transcription. I loved it. I mean that...I REALLY LOVED my job. At least at Hobby Lobby I am allowed to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS". Actually, it's expected.

I wish ONLY the best for all of you. Right now the ones I feel sorry for are the new ones and the ones in classes to learn MT and they still have not been told there is no future and they're wasting their time and money.

I leave you with one sentence of one of the all-time best doctor created reports I had to review after the error was found...great timing, huh? Had I, you , or anyone else put this in a report there is no telling what would have happened. They probably just laughed at him. This actually made it to the chart and the doctor physically dictated the corrected report. BRACE YOURSELF!!!

"The patient and her husband had spoken about it and they do not wish to have anymore children, so the patient underwent a post-mortem tubal ligation".

With that I say bye-bye!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)