Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 62)

Transcription Tanking - Teresa

Posted: Feb 19th, 2016 - 4:53 am In Reply to: Transcription Tanking - Boks Mom

Just wanted to let those of you following this post that I received an email from the editor of For The Record and they asked if they could publish my letter in the March or April issue. While I realize that it won't get much attention and probably won't change a dang thing, it made me feel better. It is my belief that the responsiblity of any MT is to have the back of their employer and the physician they are transcribing. I always viewed it as my responsibility to make sure that the physician did not look like an idiot. I also believe that is the industry's responsibility to have my back and that has never happened. I, too, have never gotten a raise in pay unless I moved to another job. When I did ask for a raise once, I was told that while I was their best MT, I averaged around $40 an hour and why isn't that enough? I had no benefits, no production incentive, no 401K, and I paid my own taxes. That was the last time I ever asked for a raise because they made me feel so greedy.

As far as coding, I am qualified to do that, it just bores me to death. The wage difference between coders and transcriptionists is the difference between night and day but, again, coding is where the final $$ is going to come from, placing more emphasis on the importance of coders. I do know that there is software developed and being developed to enhance coding. It will magically choose the dx for the doc and they just need to click and its done. You don't need a crystal ball to see what direction coding is headed.

I have decided to look at this entire situation as a sign. Things happen for a reason and I'm just going to give it up to God and the universe and see what happens. Just hoping I don't end up the crazy dog lady in the neighborhood that runs around in her PJs all day! :-)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)