Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To those of you who transitioned from MT to - office or hospital clerical ... sm

Posted: Feb 18th, 2016 - 1:49 pm

positions, were you able to come up with professional references?  I was glancing at an ad for a job fair for caregivers (just out of curiosity), and when they listed what documents to bring, the ad said to bring four professional references and four personal references. 

Gosh, I'm lucky to have one professional reference.  I worked from home for one client (group of doctors) for 12 years and was let go when the practice was sold to a large hospital that used the EPIC system.

If a person can't come up with more than one professional reference, is there any point in trying for a medical office position?  I've applied for a hospital registrar position twice now with no response.  Crazy me is thinking about trying one more time (it's been more than one year since my last attempt) even though I don't have the type of customer service skills they want, AND now, I'm thinking about my lack of refs.  Has anyone had any success with getting a medical office job with hardly any references?  I'm in the Washington, DC, area, so I have plenty of competition.

Would I stand a better chance if I tried for the p.r.n. positions that I see (hoping to later try for a permanent position)?  The particular hospital that I'm looking at constantly (every week) advertises for morning, evening, and p.r.n. registrars.

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)