Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 62)

Customer service skills - see message

Posted: Feb 20th, 2016 - 5:01 am In Reply to: To those of you who transitioned from MT to - office or hospital clerical ... sm

It's interesting that you think you don't have the type of customer service skills they want. I transitioned from MT to a hospital job about 1-1/2 years ago. One of the leading questions by the interviewer was whether I had good CS skills. I didn't hesitate before responding, "Of COURSE!" I mean, being kind to people and smiling is easy enough. Being patient with elderly people and sick people (even when they're at their worst and maybe a little terse themselves)... well, I mean, it's not like you can train for it. Tell them you have exactly what it takes! You'll do fine! Also, tell them that you consider your co-workers "customers," too, and that you're a team player.

I don't know if the hospital where I work is unique in this respect, but our registration department personnel are some of the moodiest, negative, and confrontational people I've ever met. My department has an ongoing struggle with them, and I don't even know why. They have LOTS of turnover and cause a lot of disruption. Geesh. I could never work with people like that.

The p.r.n. route might be the better one (at least it would be in my area).

Good luck!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)