Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Nuance began as focus infomatics - all smiles

Posted: Dec 20th, 2015 - 11:18 pm In Reply to: The only reason they're in Mass - AnotherAnon

If you google paul ricci and other terms, you will find the history of Nuance.

In short, they exist because they bought companies, Visioneer Paperport (optical scanning), bought out all the companies (except one) that developed speech recognition, then began buying up transcription companies beginning with focus Infomatics. It is interesting that there website (many years ago) stated point blank "we pay 7 cpl and that is what we pay." At least they were up front.

They are diversified, but Paul Ricci many some strategic errors in his business model, very strategic errors and now we are paying for those errors.

I expect in the next 2-3 years, they will have to spin off something in order to look good on paper. (It is all paper money until you cash it in or sell it.)

The stock price has continued in freefall ever since Ricci started buying all these transcription companies and buying out hospitals. I have my take on why that has happened and it has something to do with way too much IT, way too much software, and very very very poor IT developers.

But, he will survive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)