A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We did go ahead and tap that small right pleural effusion. Negative s/l "asa-fast". - nm

Posted: Jul 10, 2010

x

sorry...negative stain for "asa-fast' - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

acid fast - lala

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

acid-fast, as in bacteria. - Oracle n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oracle, thanks so much! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You're welcome!! - Oracle n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

thank you also lala - :)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

acid fast - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't bicker. This is such a wonderful site, don't ruin it. The OP probably thanked Oracle because she is an oracle.

Similar Messages:

Pleural Effusion
Jan 28, 2011

The effusion was a transudate.  The  s/l solarity was normal.  ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Need Benefits Fast! Know Of Co That Gives Dental Ins Fast?
Jul 19, 2010

Need benefits fast!  Know of co that gives dental ins fast? ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

When To Use Singular/pleural Of Mg?
Apr 08, 2011

My account does not allow abbreviations in anything pertaining to medications.  Dictators will always state milligrams, plural, even if it is 0.5 mg.  When do I change it to singular, except obviously with 1 milligram?  E.g.: 0.5 mg, 1.5 mg?  Is anything over 1.0 pleural? ...

Pleural Fluid?
Jun 05, 2011

There was a large phlegmon mass and we broke up some locculation. Some s/l [pleural led] fluid then drained.   ...

Pleural Parenchymal...
Dec 24, 2013

common term related to chest x-ray, but have been seeing it done differently lately - is it "pleuroparenchymal," "pleural parenchymal," or "pleural and parenchymal" ...

Small Mouth Or Small Mouthed?
Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not? I find it both ways for both questions. Looking for input from the pros here, thank you. ...

I'm Stumped..what Is The Pleural For Cellulitis? Why Don't I Know This???
Jun 07, 2011

.. ...

Pleural Form Of Dorsalis Pedis? Nm
Sep 21, 2012

pleural form of dorsalis pedis?  nm ...

Drift Net Effusion In Ear?
Jun 11, 2010

Pt. in plane, had ear problems, doctor said what s/l no "drift net effusion".  Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks so much! TD ...

Fusion Or Effusion
Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..   Very hard to tell. tia. ...

S/l Wound Effusion
Jan 22, 2012

Patient transferred after femoropopliteal bypass on the left lower extremity, and wound s/l effusion, full thickness, performed on the left foot.  ...

Tadpole Effusion
Jan 22, 2015

Would tadpole make sense here? Thanks.  He at no point had a large effusion or even a tadpole effusion. ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

What's Ahead
Jun 16, 2010

MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Philippine Trade Training Center. The training was a result of collaborative efforts by the MTIAPI, CITEM-DTI and Media Focus. “The Medical Coding and Billing Training is onl ...

What's Ahead For MTs
Jun 16, 2010

MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Philippine Trade Training Center. The training was a result of collaborative efforts by the MTIAPI, CITEM-DTI and Media Focus. “The Medical Coding and Billing Training is onl ...

Doctor Says Effusion, But Doesn't He Mean Fusion?
Nov 06, 2009

or am I just brain dead about now..tia.   She was therefore fixed with an external fixator rather than internal fixation for the *fusion.  The *fusion went on to heal and she has done reasonably well. ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Anyone Get 100% On An Audit Okay Go Ahead And Brag
Oct 23, 2009

I just wanted to know if it was possible!  I am nit picked to death by our whatchamacallit person who audits (I think they changed their title again?) For the past 2 audits I only came in at 97%.  I think we are suppose to be at 98.9%, but they are all stupid things... like a hyphen or a comma.  I forget sometimes that standard grammar may not apply to MT, but if it was stated in the AAMT BOS or client profile I tend to do it!  All 3 of the reports pulled were  ...

Thinking Ahead To MT Week
Mar 23, 2010

this wonderful company is going to do for us this year?;) I still have my clock made in China! LOL  What was that, 2005?  ...

Reading Ahead While Editing
Oct 29, 2010

I've read in quite a few posts here that one of the ways to speed up your editing process is to read ahead of the highlighter. I've also read that some people read up to a whole sentence ahead. I cannot believe that people do this. What if the doctor says something that you didn't catch? Sometimes sentences make sense and you are not aware that the doctor said something because you were paying attention to correcting the draft. Can someone explain to me how you do this without mak ...

Warning! Rant Ahead!
Dec 14, 2010

So my company is moving everyone from IC to employee on Jan 1. Pros: PTO days, insurance for FT, and they deal with taxes. Cons: I don't need their insurance. I want the "employer paid" portion in my check, which we won't get. Expected daily production went up. Level to reach incentive pay went up and not calculated daily. CPL rate went down 15%! And that's for standard transcription, not VR. Just in production pay alone, I'm losing $100-150 per pay period. Even wh ...

Save Me From Myself! (Rant Ahead)
Feb 24, 2011

This particular doc is super-annoying. He word salads/mumbles/sputters/, says things he thinks are funny and then laughs at his own "joke" (as in "I told the patient not to set himself on fire again while smoking crack heh-heh-heh"), and tonight he clearly and deliberately enunciated a phrase and then said, "I thought you people would have gotten this by now." WTF??? Among other things, this guy could not key in the correct number of a report if there were only 1 button on hi ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

I Am So Done With Medquist-warning Rant Ahead
Mar 31, 2010

I have to say, I never really believed everyone on this board when they were saying they are trying to get rid of the high-producing employees, etc, but I am now seeing it in action.  Believe every word you have read here.  I NEVER thought it would happen to be me, been with Medquist (or some company snapped up by it) for over 10 years.  I have now failed my second audit in a row.  It is almost like they just searched and searched for reports until they found ones they could ...

S/l Cateroid Surface?! LONG NIGHT AHEAD! SM
Jul 03, 2013

Can you tell it has been about 5 years since I have done ortho surgery!  I tried to hear volar, plantar, articular, raw, anything I knew, but just couldn't.  Here is the whold sentence:  The medial compartment has a complex tear of the meniscal root and the posterior horn.  Otherwise, meniscus is normal s/l caratoid/caroid surface of grade 1 to 2 changes, but no significant thinning.  Thanks!  ...

FINALLY, Getting Out Of Nuance And On To BRIGHTER FUTURE AHEAD!!!
Apr 05, 2014

....I wish all on this board success!!  I've found a way out and I'M TAKING IT, PRONTO...NOT GONNA LOOK BACK!!  An opportunity presented itself and I'm OUTTA HERE...My 'at will' time at Nuance is DONE!!!  Happy days are forthcoming...SUCH A RELIEF!!   Blessings and success to ALL MTs!!!!!! ...