A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need benefits fast! Know of co that gives dental ins fast? - JULIAB

Posted: Jul 19, 2010

Need benefits fast!  Know of co that gives dental ins fast?

Nope. - get your own

[ In Reply To ..]
and it would be faster. Most companies make you wait 90 days before insurance kicks in. Most dental insurance isn't really "all that" anyway. You can go get a discount card online for way cheap, like $6 a month, or you can go get an entire dental policy for $50 a month. You'd do better trying that than trying to first find a company that offers immediate benefits and then getting that company to hire you.

Delta dental - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.deltadental.com/Public/index.jsp

Delta dental has a year policy for around $100 per year.

I was a dental assistant and most places will take Delta and it has reasonable benefits comparable to an employee plan. I would ask about the cap of the benefits. (Is it 1000 or 1500 per year?) Also they do have a preexisting condition clause that if you have seen a dentist 60 days prior to getting the insurance it will not be covered for a year.

Even if you get dental insurance fast, it very well may not - cover pre-existing conditions. Sorry. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Dental warning - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found that many dental programs make you wait one year for treatment of any pre-existing condition. Bummer, I know. It happened to me.

what are the names of these dental programs? - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Fast-food Workers Demanding $15 Per Hour Plus Benefits
Dec 08, 2012

Did anybody read the article on Yahoo news regarding fast food workers demanding $15 per hour and benefits? We do not make that sometimes and we have an education plus extensive training and for us ICs a lot of overhead. I do not deem fast food work a career but a job you work while in high school for extra spending money in your pocket...... ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

How Fast Is Fast?
Jan 24, 2010

I know there are lots of variables that go into productivity, but I am interested to know what is considered fast for an MT. How many lines per hour are the top MTs producing? ...

Need Fast Help!
May 14, 2010

This is a peds pt who had a VP shunt placed at 9 months for intrauterine strokes.  Can not confirm this term anywhere, but the doc is VERY clearly saying this! had a partial "cerebralectomy" but has had no complications since then. ...

I Can't Believe How Fast I Did A Job!
Apr 27, 2011

It was a lonely little document I got to type! Somehow missed the ASR machine. Did it in 10 minutes. It was the of the same length as the previous ASR job that took me 20 minutes to do. ...

Now I'm Not Fast Enough
Jan 29, 2014

I don't know what these companies expect.  I think they all think we are robots that can be programmed.  My quality is excellent but I'm not fast enough doing VR.  I have NEVER been able to do VR as fast as I can type, but they seem to think that with VR you should be able to do TWICE as much as straight typing-- not!  I wish they WOULD just get robots to do the work-- then they wouldn't have to pay ANYTHING-- just the initial cost of the robots. With what they ...

Okay I Now Know They Are Trying To Fast Kill Me.
Apr 22, 2010

So much for the slow death, we have now been given an account because of loss of work in my account I have had for 20 years.  Given an account that is total ESL residents and PAs.  No following style of dictation.  Absolutely NOT to be found or understood who they are, much less dictating on patients not even entered correctly by their MRN.   I have not had to send anything to QA but now it is to this.  They want me to fail.  So, guess what I will continue to w ...

Need Fast Help, Please - S/l GelGard
Jun 07, 2010

Pt has had a skin graft (due to burn).  I have encouraged him to do scar massage, sun avoidance, continue range of motion exercises, and s/l GelGard wearing... TIA! ...

Fast Chart?
Jun 12, 2010

Any info on this company?   ...

Anyone Know Anything About Fast Chart?
Feb 06, 2011

Anyone know anything about Fast Chart?  Thanks! ...

Too Fast To Understand
Jun 14, 2011

The patient s/l FI and brought to the operating room. General endotracheal anesthesia was used as s/l restroom :0. Seriously. This guy talks so fast and I know these are common and could be anything but any help would be great. ...

Fast Chart Or TTS
Aug 24, 2011

I got a job offer from both companies today.  One is for night's with much better pay and the other is during the day with some weekend hours in a month, but really low start out pay.  Not sure which company is better.  I read the posts, but still need a job right now.  Any input would be soooo appreciated.  ...

Someone Please Answer This Fast (sm)
Aug 30, 2011

as it will be moved to the tech board where it belongs, but it doesn't have email options.  I really would like someone to let me email them with a screenshot of the Chartnet I am working on.  I have permission from my TL.  We are switching over to Chartnet and I just hate it.  I have read where everyone loves it but something is different with what I am working on.  Early on, someone suggested it was set up in M-Modal version which is not as user friendly, but all ...

Anyone Heard Of Fast Fox?
Jul 26, 2013

I just stumbled upon a new shortcut/expander program and was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of it or tried it.  It's called Fast Fox and apparently the company might be associated with ExpressScribe?  Anyway, here's a link and if anyone's used it, feedback appreciated! ...

Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say About Fast Chart?
Dec 15, 2009

I see a lot of negativity about Fast Chart on previous posts. I was just wondering if there is anything good about this company?? Thanks. ...

MQ Vs Fast Chart?? Would Appreciate Any Input. Thanks.
Jan 06, 2010

x ...

Do You Have To Be A Fast Typist To Do Coding?
Apr 02, 2010

nm ...

Slow/fast Bar Problems?
Sep 10, 2010

Anyone else having problems with the slow/fast control bar being slow & jerky?  ...

Sounds Like A Fast Gut Suture
Sep 19, 2010

"... The stent was pulled taut as well, and the Monica was seated nicely in the inferior puncta.  A single deep 6-0 horizontal mattress suture was used in the temporal extent of the wound to bring the deeper layers together.  Then 2 interrupted fast gut sutures were placed to close the skin..." ASR put facet sutures, but the doc is saying "fascut or fastgut" ?  Any ideas?  Surgery is repair of an eyelid laceration.     Thanks! ...

Fast Chart And Fees
Feb 18, 2011

I applied to Fast Chart, tested and then was offered a position.  So, I read their contract and got to the fees section.  I knew they charged a 7.50 fee for not meeting your line requirement, but then there was going to be another fee after you had been there for 90 days.  This fee is calculated using some kind of formula 40.00 - (A/B)*40....A is number of lines you actually transcribed and B is the Line requirement and then there is another formula to calculate edited lines.  ...

Fast Chart - How Are They To Work For
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone know about this company?  How are they to work for with respect to pay, available work, QA, etc.  Thank you in advance. ...

TTS Pay. Does Line Count Add Up Fast?
Oct 12, 2011

They say they pay for everything but does that mean the cents per line is lower?  If you have a good production platform, it will make all the difference in the world.  Can anyone tell me about what they average per hour (in dollars) and with what type of platform it is (easy?  lines add up fast)?  I really want to work there but I can't take a cut in pay. ...

Why Is My Line Count Down On 7.1? I Am Going As Fast
Sep 29, 2012

if not  faster than on 6.  What are we not getting paid for on 7.1 that we were paid for on DQS 6.   Anyone know? ...

VR Is NOT Twice As Fast As Straight Typing!
Nov 28, 2012

I used to love my job, being an at-home medical transcriptionist. I used to make around $20-25 an hour straight typing and thought being an at-home medical transcriptionist was the best job ever! The flexibility of working from home and flexing my hours was great! I could get the kids off to school, work for a couple of hours, go shopping, work for a couple of hours, just so I made production requirements and everything was great! Unfortunately, things changed and they started making us ...

Losing Money Fast
Feb 03, 2014

Is anyone else working hard and seeing a steady decline in lines/pay?   I totally despise nuance! ...

Fast And Sloppy Dictators!
Mar 07, 2014

It just makes me sick the way these doctors dictate.  Don't they care?  I have 2 elderly, disabled parents I care for, and they can't understand a word their doctors say to them either when they see them .  Makes me so sad and angry.  :p   ...

Typing Too Fast For SH10???
Aug 14, 2014

I have been using Shorthand on Windows 8 typing directly into Word 2010 and 2013 for over a year with no problems.  I recently went over to a new account using my Shorthand and Word 2010.  I have gotten my speed up on this account and have noticed that when I get in a rhythm and type faster Shorthand will freeze up and will not work at all until I completely reboot.  In the bottom right corner it will show as the program still running.  When I open Task Manager, it is still t ...

Super Fast Tricks!
Dec 18, 2014

In reading another post trying to help someone, what if we started a post with our best tricks for being faster? What shortcuts do you use? What do you feel like saves you the most time? I think this would be great for newbies and seasoned MTs. ...

Help!! Can't Understand..she Talks Way Tooo Fast
Oct 23, 2009

PHYSICAL EXAM VITAL SIGNS: Blood pressure 112/80, weight is 155 lbs and height is 5'6" GENERAL APPEARANCE: Is well developed, under no additional apparent distress. HEART: Regular rate and rhythm, no murmurs. NECK: Carotid, no bruits bilaterally orientation ___ are normal fundi with short disk margins 2 full visual fields greater at 346 ___ are intact, no nystagmus, EYES: Pupils equal, round, reactive to light. Patient walks to the right occasionally. She has trouble getting starte ...