A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

when to use singular/pleural of mg? - please see msg, TIA!

Posted: Apr 08, 2011

My account does not allow abbreviations in anything pertaining to medications.  Dictators will always state milligrams, plural, even if it is 0.5 mg.  When do I change it to singular, except obviously with 1 milligram?  E.g.:

0.5 mg, 1.5 mg?  Is anything over 1.0 pleural?

The abbreviation is never plural. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

thanks for response, but see msg above: - no abbreviations allowed

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You are correct. If you have to spell it out, anything - over 1 is plural. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Singular/Plurals
Nov 23, 2009

Is calculus singular or plural? There are a few others and my book said one thing and the net, and other people said something different. Are there some general rules to follow? For instance:  Vaginae? Synechiae?   ...

Plural Or Singular?
Jun 26, 2012

QA changed "bilateral upper extremities radiculopathy" to "bilateral upper extremity radiculopathy" Shouldn't it be "extremities" since bilateral is plural? I know it's easier to SAY "bilateral upper extremity radiculopathy" but isn't that grammatically incorrect?   ...

Nare Or Naris For Singular Form Of Nares
Mar 24, 2014

I have recently type several reports for a doctor who uses "nare" as the singular form of nares.   I only find "naris" in my research, no "nare".   What is the correct singular form?   Thanks, mscallan ...

Pleural Effusion
Jan 28, 2011

The effusion was a transudate.  The  s/l solarity was normal.  ...

Pleural Fluid?
Jun 05, 2011

There was a large phlegmon mass and we broke up some locculation. Some s/l [pleural led] fluid then drained.   ...

Pleural Parenchymal...
Dec 24, 2013

common term related to chest x-ray, but have been seeing it done differently lately - is it "pleuroparenchymal," "pleural parenchymal," or "pleural and parenchymal" ...

I'm Stumped..what Is The Pleural For Cellulitis? Why Don't I Know This???
Jun 07, 2011

.. ...

Pleural Form Of Dorsalis Pedis? Nm
Sep 21, 2012

pleural form of dorsalis pedis?  nm ...

Is "ossiculum" Plural, Singular, Or Both?
Feb 26, 2011

. ...

We Did Go Ahead And Tap That Small Right Pleural Effusion. Negative S/l "asa-fast".
Jul 10, 2010

x ...