A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

thinking ahead to MT week - any guesses on what

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

this wonderful company is going to do for us this year?;)

I still have my clock made in China! LOL  What was that, 2005? 

I have that clock too! - still works

[ In Reply To ..]
I won a gift last year and the year before, a super nice one the year before.

I hope they do something!

What? Does India not make clocks? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What about a - T-shirt made in India

[ In Reply To ..]
that says, I LOVE FTR

who remembers the MQ chap stick? - oh so special

[ In Reply To ..]
Now THAT was hysterical!!
I had the clock too; think I gave it to goodwill.

Now the Chapstick is still on my keychain. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Guaranteed nobody else has it. Lost it for 6 mos in my son's car. When he found it under the seat, he knew exactly who it belonged to. Never used the nasty thing, though. Just was big enough to keep my keys located!!!!

chapstick - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I still have the chapstick, although I have no idea why. It is in my kitchen junk drawer.

The worst gift was a tiny felt ornament made in China. I think that was for Christmas in 2007. Why they bothered to send anything at all is beyond me.

Did a Chinese buy-out not go through so they switched to CBAY in India? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am really "ticked" I didn't get a clock - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Did I miss some hoop to jump through? Did I send one too many QA markers? Maybe I took a day off that year? Dang the luck ~~

I got taxed on a $10 gift card!!!!! Ah, the nerve of them. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
My kids grabbed all my junk. What was with the headset with the microphone attachment? Are we supposed to talk on the phone while we type? My son confiscated that one. I remember the clock and the lip balm. What else?

So EVERYBODY but me got the clock? Maybe I got a clock and just don't remember???? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I didn't either - LucyK
[ In Reply To ..]
I never got a clock, nor Chap Stick, or anything else from this miserable company except a lot of headache. At least in the next 3-4 years, anyway.
Clock was broken and said MQ on it anyway - Bunion
[ In Reply To ..]
I pitched it when it came, I was really cheesed at that one!
My clock was broken too!!! I smashed it with a hammer on my patio - then I threw it away.
[ In Reply To ..]
Cheap. Like the company who gave it.

Similar Messages:

What's Ahead
Jun 16, 2010

MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Philippine Trade Training Center. The training was a result of collaborative efforts by the MTIAPI, CITEM-DTI and Media Focus. “The Medical Coding and Billing Training is onl ...

What's Ahead For MTs
Jun 16, 2010

MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Philippine Trade Training Center. The training was a result of collaborative efforts by the MTIAPI, CITEM-DTI and Media Focus. “The Medical Coding and Billing Training is onl ...

Anyone Get 100% On An Audit Okay Go Ahead And Brag
Oct 23, 2009

I just wanted to know if it was possible!  I am nit picked to death by our whatchamacallit person who audits (I think they changed their title again?) For the past 2 audits I only came in at 97%.  I think we are suppose to be at 98.9%, but they are all stupid things... like a hyphen or a comma.  I forget sometimes that standard grammar may not apply to MT, but if it was stated in the AAMT BOS or client profile I tend to do it!  All 3 of the reports pulled were  ...

Reading Ahead While Editing
Oct 29, 2010

I've read in quite a few posts here that one of the ways to speed up your editing process is to read ahead of the highlighter. I've also read that some people read up to a whole sentence ahead. I cannot believe that people do this. What if the doctor says something that you didn't catch? Sometimes sentences make sense and you are not aware that the doctor said something because you were paying attention to correcting the draft. Can someone explain to me how you do this without mak ...

Warning! Rant Ahead!
Dec 14, 2010

So my company is moving everyone from IC to employee on Jan 1. Pros: PTO days, insurance for FT, and they deal with taxes. Cons: I don't need their insurance. I want the "employer paid" portion in my check, which we won't get. Expected daily production went up. Level to reach incentive pay went up and not calculated daily. CPL rate went down 15%! And that's for standard transcription, not VR. Just in production pay alone, I'm losing $100-150 per pay period. Even wh ...

Save Me From Myself! (Rant Ahead)
Feb 24, 2011

This particular doc is super-annoying. He word salads/mumbles/sputters/, says things he thinks are funny and then laughs at his own "joke" (as in "I told the patient not to set himself on fire again while smoking crack heh-heh-heh"), and tonight he clearly and deliberately enunciated a phrase and then said, "I thought you people would have gotten this by now." WTF??? Among other things, this guy could not key in the correct number of a report if there were only 1 button on hi ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

I Am So Done With Medquist-warning Rant Ahead
Mar 31, 2010

I have to say, I never really believed everyone on this board when they were saying they are trying to get rid of the high-producing employees, etc, but I am now seeing it in action.  Believe every word you have read here.  I NEVER thought it would happen to be me, been with Medquist (or some company snapped up by it) for over 10 years.  I have now failed my second audit in a row.  It is almost like they just searched and searched for reports until they found ones they could ...

S/l Cateroid Surface?! LONG NIGHT AHEAD! SM
Jul 03, 2013

Can you tell it has been about 5 years since I have done ortho surgery!  I tried to hear volar, plantar, articular, raw, anything I knew, but just couldn't.  Here is the whold sentence:  The medial compartment has a complex tear of the meniscal root and the posterior horn.  Otherwise, meniscus is normal s/l caratoid/caroid surface of grade 1 to 2 changes, but no significant thinning.  Thanks!  ...

FINALLY, Getting Out Of Nuance And On To BRIGHTER FUTURE AHEAD!!!
Apr 05, 2014

....I wish all on this board success!!  I've found a way out and I'M TAKING IT, PRONTO...NOT GONNA LOOK BACK!!  An opportunity presented itself and I'm OUTTA HERE...My 'at will' time at Nuance is DONE!!!  Happy days are forthcoming...SUCH A RELIEF!!   Blessings and success to ALL MTs!!!!!! ...

I Did Go Ahead And Email The Rude Lady And Told Her
Sep 01, 2014

thank you, but I do not think I want to work for someone so rude.  I am glad I did.  Maybe she will consider her actions more thoroughly before sending a response next time.  I sure hope so.  I am glad I did that, too. ...

We Did Go Ahead And Tap That Small Right Pleural Effusion. Negative S/l "asa-fast".
Jul 10, 2010

x ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...

3rd Week Of 97% - So Now What Happens?
Nov 12, 2012

Are they going to fire me? And is it true that they can remotely go into my computer to see if I'm working or not? See what websites I've been at? ...

Week Or Two Or Week Or 2?
Feb 20, 2013

I should know this one, but don't come across it all that often.  According to Book of Style, is it "notify me in a week or two" or "notify me in a week or 2"? Thank for your input everyone. ...

SAT - FRI Pay Week
Sep 06, 2013

What kind of company does this?  Oh wait, never mind, I know.  ...

Had A New TSM For One Week
Nov 06, 2013

and now she has vanished into the great MM black hole.  Farewell! ...

MT Week Is Almost Here!!
Apr 15, 2014

and.... "Similar to 2013, our MT Week theme this year is Quality and all HDS/SHDA employees will be able to participate in fun and educational activities highlighting the importance of quality." ...