A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fusion or effusion - confused

Posted: Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..

Very hard to tell. tia.

Fusion/effusion - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like that would be "fusion." Coalition is a condition where 2 bones are abnormally joined. A fusion can be done to correct it. "Effusion" is an abnormal buildup of joint fluid. There may be pain after a fusion but it wouldn't make sense to have pain after an effusion. If the fluid is gone, it should feel better. That is the way I see it. :)

does it still make sense... - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
if the patient is...

The patient is now almost 6-1/2 years out from a subtalar arthrodesis

thanks again :-)

Subtalar arthrodesis - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
An arthrodesis is just another word for fusion of a joint so I think it would still make sense unless the patient is having effusions of the joint. If doc didn't mention something to this effect, I still believe it would be referring to the fusion. Sometimes a fusion doesn't correct the problem and the patient can continue to have pain.
Thank you very much..sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your taking the time to explain this...thanks so much!!
You're very welcome...nm - GT
[ In Reply To ..]
`
fusion - Linda
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it is very interesting and easy to understand, the way you explain it.
I've been told before by...sm - GT
[ In Reply To ..]
a professor that I once had in college that I would make a good teacher. Sometimes I wish I had heeded that person's advice. ;) Thank you for your kind words.

Similar Messages:

Doctor Says Effusion, But Doesn't He Mean Fusion?
Nov 06, 2009

or am I just brain dead about now..tia.   She was therefore fixed with an external fixator rather than internal fixation for the *fusion.  The *fusion went on to heal and she has done reasonably well. ...

Drift Net Effusion In Ear?
Jun 11, 2010

Pt. in plane, had ear problems, doctor said what s/l no "drift net effusion".  Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks so much! TD ...

Pleural Effusion
Jan 28, 2011

The effusion was a transudate.  The  s/l solarity was normal.  ...

S/l Wound Effusion
Jan 22, 2012

Patient transferred after femoropopliteal bypass on the left lower extremity, and wound s/l effusion, full thickness, performed on the left foot.  ...

Tadpole Effusion
Jan 22, 2015

Would tadpole make sense here? Thanks.  He at no point had a large effusion or even a tadpole effusion. ...

Fusion
Apr 22, 2015

I've only worked on Dictaphone and am moving to Fusion. Does anyone work on Fusion? Wondering how it is. I have to believe it's way better than old Dictaphone. Any info or tips would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Spinal Fusion
Apr 20, 2012

Is XLIFF correct?  -or XLIFT? -- type of spinal fusion - have typed this before - cannot remember it and cannot find it on line  Anyone know? ...

Spine Fusion
May 09, 2013

Sentence is: Right posterior fusion L4-5, S1 with __________ screw between S1 and L5. s/l "axfix"  He says it very clearly, almost like two words "axe" and then "fix". Thanks for any help!     ...

How Is VR Going With Dolbey Fusion
Apr 14, 2014

Is the software learning the docs. Is the VR side as user friendly as the straight transcription on Fusion? ...

Fusion Computer
May 17, 2014

Can someone tell me what a Fusion computer is?  What is the difference in that and a regular desktop?  Thanks. ...

Dolby Fusion.
Nov 05, 2014

I've been using Fusion for about a year.  This week when I went in to start a report there was a list sort of like   <patient name> <number> <account number>   before where I would start the transcription.  When I do the report and save it, there markers aren't visible.  I would like to hide them.  The company told me to try Alt F9 in a new document but that didn't work.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I would really ap ...

Dolby Fusion
May 18, 2015

Does dolby fusion run on XP?  thanks! ...

Ears Playing Tricks? S/l "golden Effusion Stutter"
Feb 05, 2010

Sentence: At arthroscopy he had a s/l "golden effusion stutter" with few cartinaginous fragments. Makes no sense but I can't get my head wrapped around it. Any ideas? ...

We Did Go Ahead And Tap That Small Right Pleural Effusion. Negative S/l "asa-fast".
Jul 10, 2010

x ...

Respiratory Arrest. Patient Laid Flat For Admission Of "blunt Ridge Effusion/infusion" Sm
May 14, 2015

Code was callled briefly as she deteriorated.  Her symptoms worsened as she was laid flat for initiation of s/l blunt ridge fusion, which was stopped quickly.  Totally stumped.    ...

Does Anyone Know Of Company That Uses Dolbey Fusion? Nm
Dec 02, 2009

x ...

Dolbey Fusion Text
Oct 02, 2010

The hospital I work for is currently in the process of switching over to the Dolbey Fusion Text package.  If anyone familiar with this?  Supposedly our productivity will go up 50%.  Thanks for any input. ...

Lumbar Decompression & Fusion
Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Wrist Fusion Question Sm
Jun 09, 2011

He is not tender along the s/l "course of his plate", especially anterior, posterior, medial, lateral. Thanks. ...

Dolbey Fusion For Radiology
Sep 21, 2011

Anyone familiar with Dolbey Fusion system for transcribing radiology? I use Shorthand word expander and hope I can use it on this platform?  Is it user-friendly?Any info is appreciated.   Thank you. ...

Dolby Fusion And Citrix
Nov 22, 2011

Does anyone work on the above platform?  Pros/cons? ...

Wrist Fusion Question, Sm
Mar 31, 2012

doc says:  He does describe some discomfort over the intersections.  On the pressure or palpation over this does not seem to accentuate this. I am assuming it is intersections and not inner sections.  Also, he says this like it is one big sentence, but doesn't make sense to me that way.  Your opinion on the sentence structure.  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes -- Dolbey Fusion
Aug 01, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Dolbey Fusion?  If so, how is it to work on?  Keystrokes has an ad using this platform and before applying I would like information about it.  Can you produce a good line rate on it?  Is it easy to learn?  Anything you can provide me would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Anyone With Experience On Dolbey Fusion?
Jan 25, 2013

I am being moved to Dolbey Fusion speech rec.  Anyone with experience on this system -- I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.  I have heard Dolbey's sales pitch.  Now, I would like to hear from the folks who actually work in it for their side of the story.   How much did it increase your productivity - if any?  How is the accuracy/quality?  Is it user friendly?   I realize each account is different, each implementation is different, dictators ...

Dolbey Fusion Platform
Aug 13, 2014

I am considering a job where the platform is Dolbey Fusion.  Anybody use this and if so, easy to learn?  ...

Companies That Use Dolbey Fusion
Oct 21, 2014

Helping a friend look for a MT job that uses the platform, Dolbey Fusion, which she has used for the past 7+ years.  Does anyone know of companies who use this platform? ...

Dolby Fusion Feedback
May 18, 2015

Can anyone give me some feedback on this system please?  Thanks ! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Creating Shortcuts In Fusion/Synernet
Jul 02, 2014

I am attemtping to create shortcuts for routinely used text (HPI - history of present illness...) in Fusion (Synernet), but the reference guide and card are not helpful. Can anyone please tell me (simply please!) how to create canned text in this program/platform? ...

Lumbar Fusion Surgery, Dictator States
Aug 17, 2011

6545 screw, 55 tap (says five five, not 55) How do you type this? New to Orthopedic op reports. Thanx much ...