A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone get 100% on an audit okay go ahead and brag - I need hope!

Posted: Oct 23, 2009

I just wanted to know if it was possible!  I am nit picked to death by our whatchamacallit person who audits (I think they changed their title again?) For the past 2 audits I only came in at 97%.  I think we are suppose to be at 98.9%, but they are all stupid things... like a hyphen or a comma.  I forget sometimes that standard grammar may not apply to MT, but if it was stated in the AAMT BOS or client profile I tend to do it!  All 3 of the reports pulled were ASR, go figure!  I don't nearly spend enough time on those so I may let a comma slip here or there.  I did that thing again where I added a "he or she" to the beginning of the word (He states instead of just States) so just like the dictators that I transcribe for I suppose we are NOT to use proper English!

punctuation - very seasoned

[ In Reply To ..]
There should not be any points taken for punctuation. On RARE occasions there might be a misplaced period because the MT did not understand where a sentence is supposed to end, and a new one begins. In such cases, the wayward punctation mark causes the content not to make any sense, so a fraction of a point might be deducted. Generally, though, punctuation "errors" should show no point deductions. If deductions were taken for punctuation no one would pass an audit.

Another ASR issue - Go Vikings!

[ In Reply To ..]
I brought up another ASR issue with my supe. Sometimes, the doctor is completely at fault for the mistake and we have to leave a QA marker and explanation, something like changing genders in the middle of the dictation, or dictataing throughout the entire dictation that it's the right side, only to say at the end that it's the left. I asked if we got penalized for stuff like this and she said we didn't. Phew. It's nice to see they're reasonable, at least the ones I deal with are.

I don't think anyone could get 100% consistently... - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
But if so, kudos to you! There are too many variables, though, like preferences, that could technically make almost any report fall short of absolutely perfect, so 100% is probably a fluke. Nice goal though. :)

QA - Viking fan - Beat the Steelers!

[ In Reply To ..]
I do agree with that, but some make it darned close a lot of the time. I get my days, though, where I've had nothing but stuttering, mumbling, whispering, very little English speaking doctors with terrible grammer and I feel like typing exactly what they say, not caring if my QA goes down to 50%

Hyphenated to death at 100% QA - Viking fan

[ In Reply To ..]
I had mentioned in my above post that I was severely sick for almost 3 months, finally started feeling better, then broke my foot. My QA, which is uusally 100% went down to 97%, so I was on 100% QA for awhile. They hyphenated me to death. I marked down several things and reported them to my supe. I had one doc dictating her PE headings as "cards" and "pulm". I told my supe I'd rather be docked as a lower QA than type something like that. The QA person was hyphenating EVERYTHING! 20 years ago, when I first started, we hardly hyphenated anything. I pointed out about 20 different things that I was unsure about and she said I was right on every one, which surprised me. I truly wanted to know if I was in the wrong about some of these things. She said as far as hyphens, as long as it does not change the meaning of the sentence, don't worry about it. I was nitpicked to death and feared I was going to be fired. After about 6 weeks, I was back up to 100%. If you have any questions about all of your corrections, I'd seriously ask your supe (in a nice way) about them. Good luck!

Speaking of which, regarding headings... - Oldy but Moldy

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was a young MT with the Q (when the Earth was new and dinosaurs roamed), I was told we should NEVER, EVER abbreviate in a heading or subheading. In fact, I received a phone call from QA once telling me that. Now I get dinged for expanding FEN/GI, pulm, card, GI, GU in headings. Is this suddenly okay? Seems wrong to me! Lately, I've been typing everything as if they were all verbatim accounts, just to avoid the ding - it feels wrong. AND in my opinion, the BOS-2 is a crock! We should print it out and wipe our butts with it!

Expanding Headings - Oldie, Oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
Most Client Profiles are clear on when to expand abbreviations. I would follow that. The majority say to just expand in Impression, Assessment, Diagnoes type of headings. Everything else is as dictated. I'm not from the old school, but came in just as that was changing to "as dictated."
i have been walking on glass.... not eggshells - crispymt
[ In Reply To ..]
just to make sure I do what they tell me to! Lord knows I don't want them to put me on 100% QA so that I have a constant reminder every day that I did something wrong in a document, whether or not I really did! I have been typing most like they were verbatim because I am getting corrected like they were verbatim!

Similar Messages:

Gotta Brag -
Jan 20, 2012

On my semi-yearly quality analysis, I achieved 98.8%, the best I've done in three years.  I am a happy camper! ...

What's Ahead
Jun 16, 2010

MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Philippine Trade Training Center. The training was a result of collaborative efforts by the MTIAPI, CITEM-DTI and Media Focus. “The Medical Coding and Billing Training is onl ...

What's Ahead For MTs
Jun 16, 2010

MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Philippine Trade Training Center. The training was a result of collaborative efforts by the MTIAPI, CITEM-DTI and Media Focus. “The Medical Coding and Billing Training is onl ...

Thinking Ahead To MT Week
Mar 23, 2010

this wonderful company is going to do for us this year?;) I still have my clock made in China! LOL  What was that, 2005?  ...

Reading Ahead While Editing
Oct 29, 2010

I've read in quite a few posts here that one of the ways to speed up your editing process is to read ahead of the highlighter. I've also read that some people read up to a whole sentence ahead. I cannot believe that people do this. What if the doctor says something that you didn't catch? Sometimes sentences make sense and you are not aware that the doctor said something because you were paying attention to correcting the draft. Can someone explain to me how you do this without mak ...

Warning! Rant Ahead!
Dec 14, 2010

So my company is moving everyone from IC to employee on Jan 1. Pros: PTO days, insurance for FT, and they deal with taxes. Cons: I don't need their insurance. I want the "employer paid" portion in my check, which we won't get. Expected daily production went up. Level to reach incentive pay went up and not calculated daily. CPL rate went down 15%! And that's for standard transcription, not VR. Just in production pay alone, I'm losing $100-150 per pay period. Even wh ...

Save Me From Myself! (Rant Ahead)
Feb 24, 2011

This particular doc is super-annoying. He word salads/mumbles/sputters/, says things he thinks are funny and then laughs at his own "joke" (as in "I told the patient not to set himself on fire again while smoking crack heh-heh-heh"), and tonight he clearly and deliberately enunciated a phrase and then said, "I thought you people would have gotten this by now." WTF??? Among other things, this guy could not key in the correct number of a report if there were only 1 button on hi ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

I Am So Done With Medquist-warning Rant Ahead
Mar 31, 2010

I have to say, I never really believed everyone on this board when they were saying they are trying to get rid of the high-producing employees, etc, but I am now seeing it in action.  Believe every word you have read here.  I NEVER thought it would happen to be me, been with Medquist (or some company snapped up by it) for over 10 years.  I have now failed my second audit in a row.  It is almost like they just searched and searched for reports until they found ones they could ...

S/l Cateroid Surface?! LONG NIGHT AHEAD! SM
Jul 03, 2013

Can you tell it has been about 5 years since I have done ortho surgery!  I tried to hear volar, plantar, articular, raw, anything I knew, but just couldn't.  Here is the whold sentence:  The medial compartment has a complex tear of the meniscal root and the posterior horn.  Otherwise, meniscus is normal s/l caratoid/caroid surface of grade 1 to 2 changes, but no significant thinning.  Thanks!  ...

FINALLY, Getting Out Of Nuance And On To BRIGHTER FUTURE AHEAD!!!
Apr 05, 2014

....I wish all on this board success!!  I've found a way out and I'M TAKING IT, PRONTO...NOT GONNA LOOK BACK!!  An opportunity presented itself and I'm OUTTA HERE...My 'at will' time at Nuance is DONE!!!  Happy days are forthcoming...SUCH A RELIEF!!   Blessings and success to ALL MTs!!!!!! ...

I Did Go Ahead And Email The Rude Lady And Told Her
Sep 01, 2014

thank you, but I do not think I want to work for someone so rude.  I am glad I did.  Maybe she will consider her actions more thoroughly before sending a response next time.  I sure hope so.  I am glad I did that, too. ...

We Did Go Ahead And Tap That Small Right Pleural Effusion. Negative S/l "asa-fast".
Jul 10, 2010

x ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

I Got An Audit!!!
Nov 12, 2009

My score was 96.6.  All the reports docked were ASR reports, missing a few things here and there like leaving in oven instead of correcting to even - well, you get the gist.  There were no critical mistakes. Not once, in all my years working for hospitals or doctors have I had an aduit.   I'm wondering if it's just that ASR is only a year old to me and that's why I'm having issues.  Oh well.     ...

ASR Audit
Feb 10, 2011

I got 2 ASR audits lately.  Is everyone getting them?  I only do about 50 ASR reports a month and they seem to think I use my mouse too much.  I am dangernous with short-cut keys.  I tend to not stop to think and hit the wrong key and something goes whacky.  I always know where my mouse is!  Anyway, we run out of work at least 3 nights a week.  Am I supposed to master the short-cut keys so I can do my work faster and run out of work sooner and sit here longer a ...

99.75% On Audit...
Mar 15, 2011

and told I should have caught something (which I should have).  It was something trivial like suggestion versus suggestive.  Got a mail from mentor that I should have slowed down & caught this.  I've been an MT for over 2 yrs now, and it wasn't something that put a pt's health in any kind of harm.  Knew I had one very hard ESL auth go to auditing & watched it until it was done.  100%.  Any word on a nice job?  Not hardly.  Love my jo ...

QA Audit Below 99%
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone failed their QA audit with Medquist, if so, what happens next if you have been with them for more than a year and were recently changed to a new account.??? Would appreciate some help on this oneeeeee??? ...

My Last Audit
Nov 14, 2012

Last audit was 99.4 something percent accuracy.  LPH was about 265.  But oh, too many of my reports are sent in with blanks (worst accounts I have ever worked on) and I need to send more work to QA.  Do they really think I am going to sit here and do this crap for 3 cpl?  It would not even pay my utility bill.  Think they will ever face reality? ...

What Does SC Audit Mean?
Jun 01, 2015

I really hate these weekly audits.  Do they count?? ...

Audit
Jun 28, 2015

Has anyone with MM been audited lately? Been with them 9 yrs and just had my first. Worst Mgr ever ...

Audit: What Is Passing?
Oct 29, 2009

I have gotten audited twice in the past week!  They have pulled 6 reports on me. I thought that they only do 3 and do it about twice a month.  I think something is going on there.  What is the passing score.  I know it is 98. something.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Been Fired Because Of A Bad Audit?
Dec 03, 2009

It's obvious they're cracking down on us, nit-picking, etc., to what end?  Everyone, myself included, seem to be getting less than 98%.  Is it just to keep us on our toes, or to have ammunition to hold against us when the time comes to ship everything to India? ...

Audit Question
Jun 29, 2010

Does anyone know how the audits work?  Is it the average score of 5-6 reports together?  What if you failed 1 report but passed the other 4-5 and the average of all of them together is still passing?  Are you put back on 100% QA for the 1 report?  Sorry for all the questions. Thanks   ...

Anyone Been Terminated For <98% Audit??
Apr 14, 2010

Good-bye ...

Audit Procedures
Apr 22, 2010

Does anyone know the rules for placing an MT on 100% audit.  Do you have to fail 2 audits in a row or just 2 audits.  I failed in Feb, passed in March and will probably fail in April.  The point system is whacked in my opinion, but my opinion doesn't really count.  It is probably listed somewhere on MQ Central but I find navigating that system is somewhat like navigating a maze.  Unless you know where to find it, it takes forever.  I have sent an e-mail to my Q ...

Audit - I Probably Will Be Gone This Week
Apr 27, 2010

I have been put on a written audit and received 92%.  So I am being given 1 more week.  Which means I am more than likely out of here. I did not not have any Major marks, but only a lot of minor - i.e., two liters versus 2L, grams versus g.  I should just quit and go work at the big lots, less stress more money   ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

Can Someone Tell Me How Many Reports Are QA'ed For Each Audit?
Jun 02, 2010

last week and that is all that were done.  Score 97.8. :(  I don't agree with the errors but what can you do.  So, out of the approx 40 plus reports I did per day last week, only THREE were audited and that will cause me to fail my audit?  I haven't heard from anyone about this yet--could that mean that they are not done and will audit more reports?  I hope so, because then my score will probably go up as those 3 reports were unfamiliar accounts, ESLs...... ...

Not Passing Audit
Jun 22, 2010

when you are told you didnt pass the audiit test, are you booted out after so many of those or what? I am not even sure if sending a question lowers your score??? anyone know? ...