A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Small mouth or small mouthed? - Diverticula

Posted: Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not?

I find it both ways for both questions.

Looking for input from the pros here, thank you.

we can't possibly know without context/sentence - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
She has a small mouth.
She is small-mouthed.

Sorry, worded that badly - Diverticula is part of the phrase (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Small mouth diverticula
Small mouthed diverticula
Small-mouth diverticula
Small-mouthed diverticula

That is the phrase - context or surrounding text has no bearing, for instance as a stand-alone diagnosis, and I find all four above forms in several various references.

Just wondered what other transcribers used.

Thanks.

I transcribe it the way the physician says it - hyphen rules

[ In Reply To ..]
The first rule would apply to your question as well.

mouth and mouthed sound very similar. I think that's the point of the question. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Small-bowel Versus Small Bowel
Jun 08, 2015

I've always just used "small bowel," but then noticed most put "small-bowel," I assume to differentiate it as being part of the intestine as opposed to a small, or little bowel.  Okay, that makes sense, so I stated hyphenating small-bowel.  However, I just got marked off by QA for putting in a hyphen!  No matter what you do or don't do, you're screwed!  I do believe they just look for ways to antagonize so you'll never feel appreciated.  ...

Just A Small Vent
Mar 12, 2010

I have one of "those" dictators.  I know. . . . . who doesn't, right? This guy is a native English speaker, but he's a speedy mumbler.  I struggle with him, but work on each one of his that I get so that I can get better.  Just when I think I'm getting better with him one of his comes back from QA completely marked up.  Some are changes that could be debated, but some are just stupid mistakes that I should have caught. I'm just frustrated ...

Small-bowel Or Small Bowel
Mar 16, 2010

hypen or no hyphen? ...

Do You Think There Will Always Be Small Companies? Sm
Jun 17, 2010

Also, although voice recognition has taken off, do you think there will always be companies that won't do it? I think I feel more comfortable with the small companies than the big ones.     ...

Small Pet Peeve
Aug 16, 2010

After struggling with names like Siobhan, Ahleksi (concocted to prove a point), and Yvan, I am so happy to have a "normal name" such as what sounds like "John Carter." Whew! Finally! A no-brainer! But I start to look it up-- no such thing in the data base. Well! It just happens to be "John Carter" spelled "Gionn Kharter." This is just a not-real-life illustration. But isn't it irritating when you finally get a regular-sounding name and it's not so regular, and the d ...

Small Vent
Aug 24, 2010

I wish my MTSO would stop asking people to work on Monday's.  You requested I work a weekend day and not M - F, so now deal with it. ...

Small ? Stools
Sep 10, 2010

she is nowing having some small s/l calvater? stools.  ...

Small ? Erosion...
Nov 06, 2010

In describing the patient's imaging, the hand x-ray showed "...OA, small s/l cystual erosion in the left lunate, nonspecific."  I'm not sure what she's saying. ...

Small Vent But I Just Have To Do It
Jun 15, 2011

I hate it when doctors put punctuation in their dictation.  (In this instance it was "p.m. in capital letters")  We don't tell them how to do their jobs ... why should they tell us how to do ours?  Sorry, this a vent that rears its ugly head from time to time.  ...

A Small Ray Of Hope For MTs
Sep 02, 2011

Recently, one of our local hospitals opened up 4 full time jobs to QA the work they are getting from their vendor.  It seems the doctors were complaining about the quality of their reports.  My hope is that other hospitals as well will see that you get what you pay for and that the lower rates they are demanding followed by the lower rates paid to qualified MTs working for companies like MQ results in the loss of the most qualified MTs and inferior work being produced by less qualified ...

A Small Grumble
Oct 18, 2011

I know I am putting myself on the firing squad front and center, but I just would like to make a small comment. I am of the opinion that if a person posts a question about something specific or important to them often times there are a lot of views but no replies. The common thread here I notice is if the topic revolves around negativity it gets all kinds of response. Don't get me wrong, I am in the same boat everyone else is with my career changing at warp speed, and I have been doing this ...

Small Rant
Jan 04, 2012

If you, the doctor, can't pronounce a medication or another doctor's name, what in the name of little green apples makes you think I can figure out what the heck you're saying so I can spell it correctly????   /rant. ...

Small Text
Sep 27, 2012

Text is small.  Having a hard time seeing it.  Does anyone know how to make the text I am typing bigger?  ...

At Least Getting A Small Raise, Might Not Be At
Oct 22, 2014

Noticed that SS receipients are going to be getting a 1.7% increase this coming year. They are saying that will average out to about $20.00 per person extra. I might be getting a little more being as they are saying the average per month is $1,190.00 and mine is more than that monthly. Well, may never see another raise in this job but at least somewhere they are thinking about the cost of living raise. ...

Small Services That Use Bayscribe...(sm)
Jan 19, 2010

Could anyone tell me very small, small, medium-sized services that use Bayscribe?  This is a difficult thing to find and I've only located about 3.  Thanks!!! ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

Small-bowel Follow-through
Aug 06, 2010

Can anyone please give me a reliable source to verify the correct way to type small-bowel follow-through?  Appreciate any help.     ...

Boostaroo: Re A Small Discussion About
Sep 11, 2010

This is mentioned as a great product to increase the volume on voice files.  I went to Radio Shack and checked it out.  The picture shows what looks like a very short cord.  Could someone explain how this works?  I currently have to plug my headset directly into the front of my computer because there was no sound when I plugged them into my speakers.  Would I plug the Boostaroo into the computer?  Does the headset then plug into the Boostaroo?  Also, in the pic ...

Small Company Vs MTSO
Sep 08, 2011

I am beginning to think it's better to work for a small company than a big MTSO.  So many of the comments on here are really not in favor of the "big boys."  I'm sure it's partly old employees that dislike the company, but there seems to be less "drama" about the smaller companies.  I would LOVE to find a small company that uses the Emdat Inscribe platform. Thoughts, ideas on the subject or tips on smaller companies who actually pay? ...

Non-small-call Carcinoma
Dec 21, 2011

CT-guided needle boiopsy was positive for non-small-cell carcinoma "with favored squame." I'm not real sure if he is saying "with" or maybe "of" or maybe not saying anything before he says the "favored squame" part.  My guess is he's abbreviating squame for squamous but haven't been able to document this wording.  thanks.  ...

Looking For Opinions, I've Been Offered At Job At A Small,
Apr 24, 2012

one-doctor, one-nurse practitioner office that is 10 minutes from home in my small town where I will make $12 an hour or I could continue to work from home averaging basically the same rate of pay being paid on production.  I'm not sure which to choose. I like working from home, but the in-office job is Monday through Friday, 9 to 5.  No working late to get my lines or working weekends, but it also means an investment in some new clothes because it has been a very long time since ...

A Small Rant About Quotes
Jun 29, 2012

Dear young, somewhat stupid NPT: as dictated:  ...but he is "as good as he'll get." Uh, no.  That's not actually a quote, you know.  The patient did not say he's "as good as he'll get."  I believe he probably said he's "as good as I'll get."  Just FYI. Kthanksbye.   ...

Any Small MTSOs Hiring P/t?
Apr 15, 2013

I have 3 years' exp in clinic work.  Any suggestions appreciated. ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of AccuType? It's A Small
Apr 18, 2013

Just curious if anyone has ever worked for them and what was your experience like? Or do you know of anyone who has worked for them. Do they pay on time and faithfully? How did you like the platform (Inscribe/Emdat platform). Thanks. ...

Small MTSO Speaking Out ... SM
Aug 06, 2013

I've been a member of this board for years and feel it's time to speak out from a business owner's perspective.  I see a lot of negativity against MTSOs (maybe it's just the big ones but still it touches a nerve) and just wanted to give my 2 cents.Not all of us are greedy, mean, nasty, evil people.  I can't speak for everyone but as for myself, I don't consider myself that way at all and my team of transcriptionists doesn't think so either.  As a ...

Looking For Small Companies That Use Emdat...
Sep 04, 2013

I am looking for part-time work and have 3 years' exp in a variety of specialties.  I would like info on companies that use Emdat.  Thanks. ...

Small Companies Who Use Escription
Oct 03, 2013

Are there any small companies who use Escription for VR editing?  I worked briefly for Nuance and love Escription, but found the vast amout of managers, etc, confusing.  I never knew who to talk to, etc.  Other than that, they were great.  Wished I had not quit when I did, but....  Just wondering.   ...

Small MT Business Insurance
Feb 24, 2014

For those of you who own your own small MT business, can you advise me if liability insurance is a requirement?  Do you recommend this or is it even cost-effective? Thanks for any help.  Please ONLY those who actually have their own business.  Not just opinions.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Small To Mid Size Company
Dec 01, 2014

So tired of the "Big" MTSO. Can anyone recommend a smaller company? I'm not really trained to do anything but MT and hate to give up working at home, but I'm probably considered poverty level now with what little I make. There must be some smaller companies around, but I can't find them. ...

This Might Help Explain A Small Part Of
May 16, 2015

That the QC or QA person below so perfectly termed it.   This is taken from Pharmabiz.com which is India based.  http://www.pharmabiz.com/NewsDetails.aspx?aid=88261&sid=1   "Nuance Transcription Services (NTS) is investing $7.5 million because it views India as key growth market for medical transcription services. It has envisaged expansion of office space and head count." "Facility expansion will also see Nuance to hire another 3,000 personnel armed with English comprehe ...