A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l fair] sign, negative fabere sign? - MT

Posted: Jun 02, 2012

OK..... Yell 

It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain.

Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign.

It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Cry

Thank you in advance for your help and ideas! Smile

varus - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Are we sure about that? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your help, but are we sure about that? I thought the varus test was for the knee?

Would it be done with the fabere test?

Could he just be correcting himself? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Maybe he is correcting himself by repeating the sentence? Just a thought. Also, varus could apply to the hip, i.e., coxa vara.

No I don't think so.... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
No I don't think it's just a stumble and correction... but THANK YOU both, I will go back and re-listen for varus again...

FABER= Flexion abduction external rotation of the hip - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks but it *was* FAIR - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My ears were right the first time, it was indeed FAIR (hip flexion, adduction, and internal rotation).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11887107

http://www.kpta.com/resources/6_Hip_Special_Tests1.pdf

Similar Messages:

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Ortho. Negative *schwa-stick* Sign?
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

S/L Negative ROOZ And WRIGHTS Sign?? SM TIA
Sep 07, 2013

Here is what else is dictated around it....   He has good circulation with brisk cap refill bilaterally.  He has no compromised circulation.  He has negative _________ signs.  He has no evidence of cervical impingement on examination.  He has no change in sensation or circulation with his hand abducted and externally rotated.  ...

Shoulder Exam - Patient Has A Negative S/l Lamitz Sign
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Abd. Exam, Negative "Boyd's" Sign Or "void" Sign??
Jul 31, 2010

Hand Surgery: On Exam, She Has A Negative (s/l Earl's Test But A Positive Broman's Sign).
Sep 20, 2010

TIA!!! ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

Knee Exam - S/l "Lennox" Sign And McMurray Negative. NM
Dec 27, 2012

x ...

Ever Heard Of Negative "swastik" Sign?
May 26, 2010

Patient had a thyroidectomy today.  Endocrinologist dictates on exam, "Anterior neck dressing is intact.  There is no evidence of bleeding. Negative s/l "swastik" sign.  ...

Is FABERE Sign All Caps?
Aug 08, 2012

Just saw today that apparently it is an acronym and should be all caps? ...

Faber Or Fabere Sign?
Jul 08, 2013

I have seen this both ways at my current job, so I don't think it matters, but I'm curious as to which one is correct?  Is it Faber sign or fabere sign? ...

FABER And S/l- Fair - Tests Are Negative??
Nov 17, 2009

Sounds like fair for the second test??  TIA!! ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Ortho Sign
Dec 14, 2010

Is there such a thing as an "ok" sign.  Patient has elbow pain. Thanks... ...

Ortho Examination Sign
Dec 04, 2009

This was in the exam portion of a report.  Exam is of the shoulder, diagnosis of rotator cuff tear.  "No s/l deep belly or debility sign." Thanks! ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Ortho - Positive "meister" Sign??
May 13, 2012

On an orthopedics note: He has a positive (s/l meister or myster?) sign when the patient is supine with the shoulder adducted. I've checked the Internet, my Stedman's word book, an ortho website that is usually helpful... nothing at all so far! /: Any ideas, please throw them at me!   ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A "tally" Sign" For Ortho???
Mar 23, 2010

nm ...

Homan, Homans' Sign Or Homan's Sign? (NM)
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Negative Board
Jan 01, 2010

This is a very negative board.  I see misery loves company.  If you hate your life and your job, what are you doing here?  Oh, maybe thats why you are here.  Nothing to do but P and Moan? MTStars?  Doesnt look like it.    This board needs more positive people. ...

Negative Posts
Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your ...

S/l Negative Ortolani
Jan 14, 2010

It is under the physical exam section for a 6 month old baby well child exam. thanks for any help! ...

Clotest Negative?
Mar 05, 2011

Second language English doctors will be the death of me.... Now labs:  "LFTs unremarkable except albumin at 2.3.  Total protein 5.9.  (s/l:) Clotest negative"   Thank you! ...

Where Are All The Negative Nellies Now?
Apr 05, 2013

Just wondering where all the people without work are at now, especially after the latest email. Funny how everyone complains about no work but many of the accounts are close to being out of TAT - of course, payday was a couple of days ago so the rush isn't on yet, right? ...

Another TTS Post...but This One Is Negative
Jun 30, 2014

Seriously. The account I'm on has apparently been having lots of critical errors, mostly number errors, lab values etc. So they sent out an email with an attached PDF with a crossword puzzle that we are required to do and turn in. WTF? Is this elementary school? And we are paid by the line. How do they plan to compensate us for our time doing the required crossword puzzle? I find it totally ridiculous.  I can't even bring myself to open the attachment to look at the crossword p ...

Softscript - So Many Negative Posts
Oct 28, 2009

I see so many negative posts about SoftScript and I'm wondering what the problems are with this company. What are some other better companies to work for (full time) and why? Just curious.   ...

*Aveciosa* Titers Negative. Thanks. Nm
Nov 04, 2009

nm ...