A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

His hematocrit is actually very stable S/L rel-uv to prior values, although I think it will drop som - shannon

Posted: Dec 30, 2009

ty

relative? nm - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

There Was Stable Nonspecific Uptake And
Feb 10, 2011

an azygoesophageal lymph node, but no s/l "no new faux sigh" and no evidence of active malignancy. ...

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit
Jan 13, 2010

Having a brain burp, the physician dictated hemoglobin and hematocrit increased to 12.2 and 35.1. The question is do I put the lab values with the correct lab work? Thank you in advance. ...

Quitting W/ No Notice & Does Anyone Know Of A Stable MTSO Looking For QA Help? & Other Thoug
Apr 25, 2013

I have done some Team Lead and Acct Management work too. I was working 3 VR Editor jobs (I also have an online jewelry boutique) to make ends meet. I lost one of the jobs last week and need to replace it...don't mind VR Editing but prefer working with MTs (in the US). I really enjoy the challenge of getting blanks...goofy, right? I know that the jobs are few and far between - especially with Nuance and MModal. I wouldn't mind going back to Nuance but they will not give me the time ...

Another Confusing Fill-in By MME..........hematocrit Of 340???
Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340?  A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which ...

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit WAS ____, BUN And Creatinine WAS ___
Mar 26, 2013

I've heard all the docs saying this... even ones whose grammar I don't need to normally correct.  Have I been wrong all these years in thinking with an "AND" there would make the correct phrase "WERE" ...

ABG VALUES
Nov 11, 2009

Is the base excess in ABG values always a negative?  I have only heard things such as base excess -2.9.  However, this doctor is stating just base excess of 2.9.  ...

Prior Audited Reports
Jul 08, 2014

Can anyone please tell me how to get in to look at reports you were audited on?  I go into the Fluency Transcription Manager and then Job Search, but from there I don't know what  to do.  Thanks! ...

Question. Prior I Did Every Worktype That Came My
Dec 17, 2014

can I just choose to do easy WTs? The holy grid doesn't distinguish between difficult and easy WT, does it ? I just thought about this yesterday. Can we demand to be put on an easy progress note acct or something for easy peasy? ...

Opinion On Lab Values
Nov 22, 2009

Do some of these lab values seem impossibly high, particularly the AST and ALT?  He clearly states these values. Her Chem-7 from yesterday revealed sodium 134, potassium 7.8, chloride 92, bicarbonate 25, sugar 293, BUN 120, creatinine 7.2, calcium 8.8, AST 2898, ALT 3595, ammonia 97, total bilirubin 2.3.  ...

PSA Values-urology
Apr 25, 2011

Ok.  I have a question about how to properly transcribe PSA values.  In every previous job I have had transcribing urology notes, I was told that if they give you a single number like 1,2,3..to transcribe it as 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.  I would get in trouble if I left off the .0 after the number.  I also think this looks better on paper.  However, my editor on this account (who I think is very old-school) says to leave the .0 off.  What do you guys think? I already had ...

Corporate Values
Oct 14, 2011

Medquist recruitment ad: Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. I would rather go to an OWS rally. ...

New ISR Laboratory Values
Jan 29, 2013

"urine was clear with a small amount of bilirubin, Cheetos +15." Wow, I didn't know Cheetos could show up in your urine...  My, my.       ...

Dictating Lab Values
Jul 06, 2013

dictating lab values: albumin 2.7, low. s/l "HU" ratio low at 0.6. ?? Thank you!! ...

Semicolons In Lab Values?
Oct 31, 2013

Was corrected to semicolons in my lab values from commas to semicolons in between each value.  Is this correct?  I have never done this or been told to do this in all my years of doing this job.  Thanks in advance. ...

Using The Prior Report Lookup Feature Is
Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports.  Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty). That's a minor example.... Worrisome. ...

How Is It That I Get NJA, And A Job Finally Shows Up With Job Number Prior To Last One I Did?
May 01, 2013

We no longer have jobs waiting in a que for us (2 jobs loaded so you don't have to wait for the download. ...

Can't Pull Up Prior Reports In Fluency
Feb 10, 2014

x ...

Typing Vision Values
Feb 22, 2010

Hello, Just wondering if anyone knows how to type out when the doc says "20/70 minus" for a vision value???? I can't find how to format it anywhere.. Input much appreciated! Nicole ...

He Is Dictating Lab Values, Pc02, Po2, Ph
Aug 02, 2010

he is dictating lab values, pc02, po2, ph, and something that sounds like BASE EXCESS, ...

3 Values For Blood Pressure?
Dec 29, 2010

Is this something new I haven't heard of before, or just a misspeak? ...

RMT Exam Normal Lab Values ?
Sep 05, 2011

I am preparing for the RMT exam. How much detail of the normal lab values do I need to know? Do I have to memorize all the normal values at the least? I find that impossible. Do I have to know what test will diagnose for which disease or particular study? For example, do I have to know that white blood cells are involved in the CBC test or that PSA stands for prostrate specific antigen and is a cancer marker? How much information about the drugs do I need to know?  What kind of lab valu ...

MModal Core Values
May 10, 2013

I know this is a silly question, but where can I find the core values of this company, if it has any at all.  I was just curious and kind of just want to compare with how we are treated and laugh. ...

What Companies Check Credit Prior To Job Offer
Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position. ...

Xylocaine Prn S/l Staph coaliginase Prior To Domomer
May 03, 2011

This is dictated in the med list:  Xylocaine prn s/l staph coaliginase prior to domomer on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have no idea what this could mean.  He could be butchering staph coagulase in the first part, but I still have not idea how that fits in.  The second part seems like a dialysis schedule and the word sounds like it starts with a "d", but can't really hear dialysis. Any ideas?? ...

Thinking About Coding From Prior Billing Experience
Jan 24, 2012

Here goes, I used to do billing for 10 years but always in the setting of medical offices (PCP, ortho, PT/OT) and also at a medical supply company. I've also been doing MTing during this same time and presently. I haven't done any billing in approximately 2 yrs, so I know that I'm a bit behind as to how the insurance companies are processing claims, and I realize those rules change pretty frequently, especially coding rules pertaining to Medicare/Medicaid. I also have experience ...

Any Transcenders Notice Their Prior Paystubs Listed
Jan 24, 2013

deduction totals?  There used to be a running ytd total of insurance deductions and on these stubs showing in new Nuance self-serve, the info is missing?  I noticed when I went to do taxes and was looking for the total.  ...

What Do Hospitals Do With Their Coding Books From The Prior Year?
May 23, 2014

I was just wondering since each year the coding books are updated, what do hospitals do with the previous year's books?  There hasn't been an update to ICD-9 since 2012? Correct?     Thank you, PT ...

QA Changed Text To Wrong Values
May 27, 2011

If QA changes a lab value to something that is possibly wrong, will I be blamed for that mistake or can they tell who changed it???? ...

She Also Describes Having Increasing S/l Discolor With Vision Because Of Cataracts And Prior Eye Sur
Jun 25, 2010

She also describes having increasing s/l discolor with vision because of cataracts and prior eye surgery. ...

Way To Research Prior Dictation To See If FIESA Correct In What They Marked Off For
Jan 29, 2014

I have been dinged for something that I know I did not do, is there a way to go back and see your header and if you pended report and if so what you put there.  I know I pended this and they are telling me I did not.  Thanks ...