A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What companies check credit prior to job offer - asked for SS# and birthdate in interview

Posted: Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position.

I always tell them I will gladly provide SS# and DOB - upon receipt of a job offer. R.Raccoon (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

I was duped. Never will I provide that info in an - interview again

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sure enough to the email saying they could not accommodate - my schedule

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Credit Check?
Oct 17, 2012

Now that I have my certification, I am starting my job search. I applied to a medical center in a large city nearby that requires a credit check.  What does my credit history have to do with a job?  ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Experienced Coders Check Out This Job Offer From Grady In Atlanta
Feb 01, 2014

http://grady.ttcportals.com/jobs/1477025-senior-coder-sign-on-bonuswork-from-home   Wish I had the coding experience they require!  Grady is a huge public hospital system. ...

Does Anyone Know What Companies Offer
Nov 12, 2009

Kaiser insurance besides MedQuist?  I want to leave MedQuist but I love my Kaiser insurance.  Please help.  TIA. ...

What Companies Offer
Jan 15, 2012

401ks--preferably with a match?  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Which Companies Offer BC/BS Coverage?
Oct 17, 2009

x ...

Which Companies Offer Incentive Pay?
Nov 22, 2009

Hi, anyone know of any companies with employee status that offer incentive pay?   Thanks ...

Anyone Know What Companies Offer DMT Work?
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone know what companies offer DMT work? Thanks. ...

Any Companies Still Offer IC Status?
Apr 17, 2013

I am currently full-time employee but miss the flexibility of IC status.  Haven't found anyone reputable in my search who still offers IC status.  Thanks in advance for any tips. ...

Companies That Offer IC Status?
Jan 15, 2015

Was wondering if there are any companies that offer IC status? ...

What Companies Offer A 12-hour Window? Nm
Jan 16, 2010

nm ...

Any Companies Offer Flexible Schedules?
Dec 28, 2011

Just wondering if there are any companies out there that offer flexible schedules.  I am currently a substitute teacher, so I don't have a set schedule for work.  I have about 5 years of transcriptions experience and would like to pick up about 15-25 hours of transcribing per week, but I don't want a set schedule.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Any Good MT Companies That Offer Benefits
Jul 23, 2014

I would like to know if there are any good MT companies that have benefits.  Thank you in advance. ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

Companies With Employee Status That Offer Flexible Schedules?
Aug 05, 2012

I know this has probably been asked so many times on this board, but I am currently working for a company as an employee, full time, and I'd really like to move on. I've been there 6 years and the only thing that is holding me back right now is the fact that I need to have a flexible schedule and I don't really want IC status.  Right now, I work 2 hours in the morning and 6-7 hours in the evenings. However, if one of my kids has a dance class or karate in the evening and I&# ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Do Any Companies Offer Statutory Employment Anymore? Take Out My Taxes And FICA, Sm
Oct 09, 2013

no other benefits, let me determine how many lines I will do and what days, and leave me the heck alone? I miss MDI-MD. :( ...

Check Out Companies Before Applying!
Dec 01, 2014

Please, please, please, check out the companies that post on the job seekers board before responding to them!  I was just about to respond to a job posting when I decided to Google search the company first.  It turns out the company went under (under the same manager that posted the job) in 2009.  Yup, they might be up and running again, but there's nothing on Google about them other than they used to be a company under this particular person and they haven't been a ...

Credit Inquiry
Jul 29, 2012

Anyone else had a credit inquiry alert from Nuance?  This happened lately too.  This is sort of disturbing, and I don't remember applying for any other jobs there too.  I've been working there for a while too.  Don't they have to have my permission to do this? ...

MModal QA Credit
Oct 29, 2013

Let me get this straight, if I send a job to QA for demos or if I am in training and have 100% QA, then when they correct or proof it, when they send it, they get the line count credit!  Is that what I am reading into this?  REALLY?  Please tell me this isn't true.  ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Didn't Get Credit For My Last Report Of The Day.
Oct 07, 2010

After my worst day in a long time or maybe ever, I noticed DQScribe was weird when I tried to log out.  Sure enough I checked later and didn't get credit for my last job.  Don't know if it went back into the pool or on through to the customer for free.  I hate this stupid company. ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

Prior Audited Reports
Jul 08, 2014

Can anyone please tell me how to get in to look at reports you were audited on?  I go into the Fluency Transcription Manager and then Job Search, but from there I don't know what  to do.  Thanks! ...

Credit For Difficult Dictators
Dec 03, 2014

I took the Enrich module, but didn't see anything about difficult dictators.  Did I miss something?  Sometimes I send a report to QA for blanks and they don't get them either.  Is that still held against us?  ...

Question. Prior I Did Every Worktype That Came My
Dec 17, 2014

can I just choose to do easy WTs? The holy grid doesn't distinguish between difficult and easy WT, does it ? I just thought about this yesterday. Can we demand to be put on an easy progress note acct or something for easy peasy? ...