A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Using the prior report lookup feature is - downright scary sometimes.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports. 

Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty).

That's a minor example....

Worrisome.

here is one for you . . . - voice

[ In Reply To ..]
how about a 45 year old blackmail? saw that one a while back. you just have to shake your head and hope these are not ending up in our personal medical files.

That one looks to me like - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
an ASR error. While the ME should definitely have caught that, there are obviously ones that slip through. ASR is a dangerous thing, IMO.

actually . . . . - voice

[ In Reply To ..]
it was a CORRECTION from India. Go figure. Have to shake your head, dontcha?
yea, that's even worse! nm - Just Sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
x
you got . . . . - voice
[ In Reply To ..]
that right. scary isn't it?
Ah ha - Ah ha
[ In Reply To ..]
But really....now from being able to see some of the prior reports, some by MMEs, some not, we are seeing why there were quality concerns. Made my eyebrow raise a bit for sure!
Prior reports from MME view - humm
[ In Reply To ..]
Very interesting and very happy to see this. It's about time. I was QA, now MME, you would be amazed of the errors that went through to the customer. MMEs get paid by the line too. We only have to fill markers and were told to put blinders on to the other errors unless they REALLY stood out. I'm glad everyone is seeing the concerns we all had that we have no time to fix anymore.

Hahahah. THAT IS DEFINITELY ASR REPORT. - Yep. Been an MT for 25 years.

[ In Reply To ..]
I left one in as Black pain and should have been back pain. Hello? I knew that and I certainly as heck would not have typed that! But, during the pointers after an ASR class, was told to put the speed up and read very fast. That is what happened with me. At least I will admit it.

ASR report? - I have seen that and took out hyphen

[ In Reply To ..]
and you know the old saying? Got creamed for it because I took it out. Darn if you do and darn if you don't in this company. It was not left-hip, but something else.

Similar Messages:

I DESPISE The New Physician Lookup Feature.
Sep 05, 2010

So let me get this straight: I want to put a physician's name in the report.  I hit CTRL + N and start typing the last name. Before, it was nice.  The search would happen automatically. NOW I have to tell it to search (even for mandatory ADT names when you hit enter to get to the physician lookup)?  Why?  That is another keystroke that is wasted, and add to that, it was nice before that if you hit the letter 's' it would scroll to all the docs with last name ...

Previous Report Lookup Is Ridiculous
Mar 07, 2010

Another idea of MQ's that might sound good in theory but in practice this is totally ridiculous. First off, I can't even get any reports to come up....I tried different variations of entering info into the search, only to get nothing back.....so stupid.   Second, do they really think we can do this with how LONG it takes.....first you have to sign out of DQS, then sign back in with a different password to get to DQM?  Get out of here!    I was hoping that maybe ...

Do You Guys Report Errors In "job Search" Feature
Aug 11, 2012

In an OP note, someone put DRAINS: 40 to gravity   Should be FOLEY!!!   How are people not audited on this stuff??? Do you all report this or just ignore it? ...

Anyone Never Use Benchmark Or Job Lookup?
May 23, 2010

I just got an e-mail to remind me how to sign up for Benchmark and get "enabled" to do that DQM job lookup.  I read on this board that both are time consuming and basically worthless.  Is it mandatory to sign up to do all that junk? ...

Specialty Lookup Has Changed :-(
May 30, 2013

There's a site I'd been referencing for a long time when I couldn't find a doctor through Fluency, which is often. It was always easy, user friendly and reliable, and I could usually find the doctor I was looking for under his or her specialty. Now it's been changed to a newer, sleeker pretty look, but the format for finding a doctor doesn't work and is not helpful at all. For instance, in looking up, say, Pulmonary doctors, it shows an assortment of doctors of variou ...

Dictator And Past Reports Lookup
Apr 21, 2010

Has somthing changed on how we get into dictator and past reports lookup? I just came back from vacation and cannot access this feature on DocQmanage the way I have always done using employee number.dep, etc. Anyone else having a problem? ...

Does Anyone Know The Short Keys For Opening The Lookup Function In MS Word 2010?
Feb 18, 2014

Does anyone know the short key sequence for opening the Lookup function in MS Word?  I use it a lot! TYIA! N/M ...

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Prior Audited Reports
Jul 08, 2014

Can anyone please tell me how to get in to look at reports you were audited on?  I go into the Fluency Transcription Manager and then Job Search, but from there I don't know what  to do.  Thanks! ...

Question. Prior I Did Every Worktype That Came My
Dec 17, 2014

can I just choose to do easy WTs? The holy grid doesn't distinguish between difficult and easy WT, does it ? I just thought about this yesterday. Can we demand to be put on an easy progress note acct or something for easy peasy? ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

Search Feature Won't Work
Jun 09, 2015

Can someone tell me how to get into ultipro please..totally forgot and this site won't allow me to search anything ...

How Is It That I Get NJA, And A Job Finally Shows Up With Job Number Prior To Last One I Did?
May 01, 2013

We no longer have jobs waiting in a que for us (2 jobs loaded so you don't have to wait for the download. ...

Can't Pull Up Prior Reports In Fluency
Feb 10, 2014

x ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

What Is The Deal With The Search Feature On This Board???
Aug 16, 2010

Can someone please tell me HOW to do a search on this board? I can't figure it out...never had a problem before. ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

His Hematocrit Is Actually Very Stable S/L Rel-uv To Prior Values, Although I Think It Will Drop Som
Dec 30, 2009

ty ...

What Companies Check Credit Prior To Job Offer
Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position. ...

Xylocaine Prn S/l Staph coaliginase Prior To Domomer
May 03, 2011

This is dictated in the med list:  Xylocaine prn s/l staph coaliginase prior to domomer on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have no idea what this could mean.  He could be butchering staph coagulase in the first part, but I still have not idea how that fits in.  The second part seems like a dialysis schedule and the word sounds like it starts with a "d", but can't really hear dialysis. Any ideas?? ...

Thinking About Coding From Prior Billing Experience
Jan 24, 2012

Here goes, I used to do billing for 10 years but always in the setting of medical offices (PCP, ortho, PT/OT) and also at a medical supply company. I've also been doing MTing during this same time and presently. I haven't done any billing in approximately 2 yrs, so I know that I'm a bit behind as to how the insurance companies are processing claims, and I realize those rules change pretty frequently, especially coding rules pertaining to Medicare/Medicaid. I also have experience ...

Any Transcenders Notice Their Prior Paystubs Listed
Jan 24, 2013

deduction totals?  There used to be a running ytd total of insurance deductions and on these stubs showing in new Nuance self-serve, the info is missing?  I noticed when I went to do taxes and was looking for the total.  ...

What Do Hospitals Do With Their Coding Books From The Prior Year?
May 23, 2014

I was just wondering since each year the coding books are updated, what do hospitals do with the previous year's books?  There hasn't been an update to ICD-9 since 2012? Correct?     Thank you, PT ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

She Also Describes Having Increasing S/l Discolor With Vision Because Of Cataracts And Prior Eye Sur
Jun 25, 2010

She also describes having increasing s/l discolor with vision because of cataracts and prior eye surgery. ...