A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

3 values for blood pressure? - 130/80/60

Posted: Dec 29, 2010

Is this something new I haven't heard of before, or just a misspeak?

3 values for BP - willie

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps the dictator was correcting himself when you got what seemed to be 3 values? Check the rest of the report where the BP may have been dictated elsewhere.

Sent it to proofing anyway - thanks!

[ In Reply To ..]
She only dictated it the once, so no way to double check on my end. She probably was correcting herself, but she didn't stumble over it or anything, it was all really fluid, so who knows.

proofing - willie

[ In Reply To ..]
that's what the skip marker is for, to delete redundant speech. use your own judgment. You can't afford to be using QA markers when not needed. There is a QA submission rate of 5% or less. That's 5 markers per 100 jobs!
I don't know what a skip marker is.. - Probably work on different platforms
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never been told about a 5% QA submission rate for my company either, it's all good. :)
Not everyone on mtstars works for MQ, - LOL. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
that would be irresponsible - IMO
[ In Reply To ..]
And exactly what part of the statement should we deem to be redundant?

probably blood pressure and pulse - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
my doc runs all the vitals together. The numbers you have there would fit BP 130/80 and pulse of 60.

Wish I could - go back and look at the report

[ In Reply To ..]
You might be right. I'm not sure if she had already dictated the pulse, but she did say 130 over 80 over 60 specifically.

go back - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, it would be nice to go back. I would have left a blank and sent it to customer. Some doctors correct themselves without letting you know they are correcting themselves, and it could be as dictated with the 60 meaning the pulse or something. You don't know, so I would have put a blank and sent it to the customer, not QA, with a note saying something to the effect that you are not sure what they meant.
I'm not allowed to send blanks to the client - unless it is a stat job
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Then what do you do if there IS a blank or question? - make something up?
[ In Reply To ..]
No dictator dictates perfectly 100% of the time. There are times when, through no fault of the transcriber, a word or phrase cannot be heard or understood, or any manner of _____________ ? could come up.

You say you are not allowed to send blanks back? What, then, do you do when a blank occurs?
I send it to QA. - They might be able to send blanks...
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
blanks - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully, your company won't pick up the Q's First Time Right program where you can't send to QA or you lose money. I'm waiting for them to try to tell me I can't send blanks. That'll be the time I talk to a lawyer.

Yes, the 60 being the heart rate...nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

S/l Plidasoid Blood Pressure
Jun 04, 2010

patient had tightness in chest.  Dr. states "At that time, his s/l plidasoid blood pressure was 103."  ...

Blood Pressure Clearly Dictated Of 106/21?
Jul 13, 2010

Patient with a blood pressure clearly dictated of 106/21?  Might have to leave blank. ...

Odd Blood Pressure Sentence?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone ever heard that a patient's "blood pressure is several years old."?  This patient is in for hypertension and the doctor is talking about her varying higher level blood pressures and he ends the subjective paragraph with the above sentence.  I've listened several times and that is what he is saying.  Does this make sense? Thanks so much! ...

S/l Verapino For High Blood Pressure
Mar 08, 2010

The patient takes s/l verapino for high blood pressure. Tia. ...

Blood Pressure 168/15????? Is That Possible And Still Be Alive. 99.99999% Sure That Is What She Sai
Oct 09, 2010

Doctor dictated blood pressure as 168/15.  Is that even possible.  Just want to MAKE sure before I flag.   ...

S/l *oxilated* Or *axilated* Blood Pressure
Oct 28, 2012

nm ...

Blood Pressure On A Patient Who's On A Ventilator
Jun 20, 2014

The doctor is giving the blood pressure on a patient who's on a ventilator.  He says what sounds like "60 over palp."  Anybody ever hear of this? ...

Help! In PE, Doc Is Saying S/l Bret Somatic (pneumatic)?? Blood Pressure
Apr 08, 2011

.. ...

Dictated, "heart Rate To Blood Pressure Product Is 29, 920." I'm Not Sure
Jul 25, 2014

29/920 or 29:920???   Just not familiar with this.  Thanks! ...

S/l "Adacan" High Blood Pressure Medication
Feb 22, 2010

s/l "Adacan" high blood pressure medication ...

"Blood Pressure 164/96, ____ 75" S/L Full Or Flow??
Sep 14, 2011

Doc says, "Blood pressure repeat with a manual cuff is 164/96 ____ 75." Could be full or flow?? TIA! ...

"humerosacral" Blood Pressure
Nov 16, 2013

According to nurse, s/l "humerosacral" blood pressure was around..... ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of The Word "tor" Or "tore" After A Blood Pressure
Feb 02, 2013

He is definltely not saying 94.  He is saying "90 tore".  He said it twice and specifically pronounced 90 tore. It is a patient who has hypotension and is being dialyzed.  I cannot find anything and wondered if anyone ever heard that. Thanks, M ...

Normopressure, Normo-pressure Or Normal Pressure
Jan 29, 2010

hydrocephalus?  ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

ABG VALUES
Nov 11, 2009

Is the base excess in ABG values always a negative?  I have only heard things such as base excess -2.9.  However, this doctor is stating just base excess of 2.9.  ...

Opinion On Lab Values
Nov 22, 2009

Do some of these lab values seem impossibly high, particularly the AST and ALT?  He clearly states these values. Her Chem-7 from yesterday revealed sodium 134, potassium 7.8, chloride 92, bicarbonate 25, sugar 293, BUN 120, creatinine 7.2, calcium 8.8, AST 2898, ALT 3595, ammonia 97, total bilirubin 2.3.  ...

PSA Values-urology
Apr 25, 2011

Ok.  I have a question about how to properly transcribe PSA values.  In every previous job I have had transcribing urology notes, I was told that if they give you a single number like 1,2,3..to transcribe it as 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.  I would get in trouble if I left off the .0 after the number.  I also think this looks better on paper.  However, my editor on this account (who I think is very old-school) says to leave the .0 off.  What do you guys think? I already had ...

Corporate Values
Oct 14, 2011

Medquist recruitment ad: Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. I would rather go to an OWS rally. ...

New ISR Laboratory Values
Jan 29, 2013

"urine was clear with a small amount of bilirubin, Cheetos +15." Wow, I didn't know Cheetos could show up in your urine...  My, my.       ...

Dictating Lab Values
Jul 06, 2013

dictating lab values: albumin 2.7, low. s/l "HU" ratio low at 0.6. ?? Thank you!! ...

Semicolons In Lab Values?
Oct 31, 2013

Was corrected to semicolons in my lab values from commas to semicolons in between each value.  Is this correct?  I have never done this or been told to do this in all my years of doing this job.  Thanks in advance. ...

Typing Vision Values
Feb 22, 2010

Hello, Just wondering if anyone knows how to type out when the doc says "20/70 minus" for a vision value???? I can't find how to format it anywhere.. Input much appreciated! Nicole ...

He Is Dictating Lab Values, Pc02, Po2, Ph
Aug 02, 2010

he is dictating lab values, pc02, po2, ph, and something that sounds like BASE EXCESS, ...

RMT Exam Normal Lab Values ?
Sep 05, 2011

I am preparing for the RMT exam. How much detail of the normal lab values do I need to know? Do I have to memorize all the normal values at the least? I find that impossible. Do I have to know what test will diagnose for which disease or particular study? For example, do I have to know that white blood cells are involved in the CBC test or that PSA stands for prostrate specific antigen and is a cancer marker? How much information about the drugs do I need to know?  What kind of lab valu ...

MModal Core Values
May 10, 2013

I know this is a silly question, but where can I find the core values of this company, if it has any at all.  I was just curious and kind of just want to compare with how we are treated and laugh. ...

QA Changed Text To Wrong Values
May 27, 2011

If QA changes a lab value to something that is possibly wrong, will I be blamed for that mistake or can they tell who changed it???? ...

His Hematocrit Is Actually Very Stable S/L Rel-uv To Prior Values, Although I Think It Will Drop Som
Dec 30, 2009

ty ...

Lab Values - Convert Decimals To Regular Number
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...