A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

he is dictating lab values, pc02, po2, ph - schan

Posted: Aug 02, 2010

he is dictating lab values, pc02, po2, ph, and something that sounds like BASE EXCESS,

Base excess is correct. nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Dictating Lab Values
Jul 06, 2013

dictating lab values: albumin 2.7, low. s/l "HU" ratio low at 0.6. ?? Thank you!! ...

ABG VALUES
Nov 11, 2009

Is the base excess in ABG values always a negative?  I have only heard things such as base excess -2.9.  However, this doctor is stating just base excess of 2.9.  ...

Opinion On Lab Values
Nov 22, 2009

Do some of these lab values seem impossibly high, particularly the AST and ALT?  He clearly states these values. Her Chem-7 from yesterday revealed sodium 134, potassium 7.8, chloride 92, bicarbonate 25, sugar 293, BUN 120, creatinine 7.2, calcium 8.8, AST 2898, ALT 3595, ammonia 97, total bilirubin 2.3.  ...

PSA Values-urology
Apr 25, 2011

Ok.  I have a question about how to properly transcribe PSA values.  In every previous job I have had transcribing urology notes, I was told that if they give you a single number like 1,2,3..to transcribe it as 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.  I would get in trouble if I left off the .0 after the number.  I also think this looks better on paper.  However, my editor on this account (who I think is very old-school) says to leave the .0 off.  What do you guys think? I already had ...

Corporate Values
Oct 14, 2011

Medquist recruitment ad: Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. I would rather go to an OWS rally. ...

New ISR Laboratory Values
Jan 29, 2013

"urine was clear with a small amount of bilirubin, Cheetos +15." Wow, I didn't know Cheetos could show up in your urine...  My, my.       ...

Semicolons In Lab Values?
Oct 31, 2013

Was corrected to semicolons in my lab values from commas to semicolons in between each value.  Is this correct?  I have never done this or been told to do this in all my years of doing this job.  Thanks in advance. ...

Typing Vision Values
Feb 22, 2010

Hello, Just wondering if anyone knows how to type out when the doc says "20/70 minus" for a vision value???? I can't find how to format it anywhere.. Input much appreciated! Nicole ...

3 Values For Blood Pressure?
Dec 29, 2010

Is this something new I haven't heard of before, or just a misspeak? ...

RMT Exam Normal Lab Values ?
Sep 05, 2011

I am preparing for the RMT exam. How much detail of the normal lab values do I need to know? Do I have to memorize all the normal values at the least? I find that impossible. Do I have to know what test will diagnose for which disease or particular study? For example, do I have to know that white blood cells are involved in the CBC test or that PSA stands for prostrate specific antigen and is a cancer marker? How much information about the drugs do I need to know?  What kind of lab valu ...

MModal Core Values
May 10, 2013

I know this is a silly question, but where can I find the core values of this company, if it has any at all.  I was just curious and kind of just want to compare with how we are treated and laugh. ...

QA Changed Text To Wrong Values
May 27, 2011

If QA changes a lab value to something that is possibly wrong, will I be blamed for that mistake or can they tell who changed it???? ...

His Hematocrit Is Actually Very Stable S/L Rel-uv To Prior Values, Although I Think It Will Drop Som
Dec 30, 2009

ty ...

Lab Values - Convert Decimals To Regular Number
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Dictators Give The Labs With The Values First - Like 147 Sodium, 4.2 Potassium
Aug 18, 2011

Don't you hate it when dictators give the labs with the values first - like 147 sodium, 4.2 potassum, etc and then switch it part way through back to glucose 110 - that gets me so screwed up. ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Dictating Out Of Order
Dec 07, 2009

This is driving me crazy!  My main account has several docs that dictate their review of systems and PE out of body system order, like instead of the neck head down, they dictate the abdomen or extremities first.  ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

YAWNING AND DICTATING
Jul 13, 2010

I very seldom vent or complain, but it has just got to me today.  This surgeon does such good dictation, EXCEPT when he yawns and continues to dictate.  How in the world does he think we can understand him when he does this.  It is not a little yawn either.  It almost makes me shutter when he does it.  I am sorry, I just had to finally vent after listening to him for 10 years. ...

Gah! Hang Up When You're Done Dictating!!!
Oct 01, 2010

He does this all the time...turns a 1.5-2 min dictation into a 15 minute dictation.  I fast forward through it, but I still have to "listen" to the whole file before I can turn in the dictation.  This is on top of being a horrible dictator; he whispers, shuffles papers, etc, and has extremely long pauses between words.  Gah!!!! Okay, just had to get that out of my system.  Thanks! ...

One Or 1 When Dictating Medication
Nov 06, 2010

I have always thought the numbers less than 10 should be in numeral form if referring to medication.  So I thought 1 tablet of Vicodin a day would be the appropraite way to type it or 2 tablets of Vicodin a day.  However, I am not sure.  Any ideas? ...

Resident Dictating
Mar 16, 2011

I've got a resident dictating and is on the PE.  "Blood pressure 110/80 and ___________ was 65 and regular." I know that the blank would be heart rate, but the res says something like "balance" or "bowels"....is there a new term or an old one that has escaped me? TIA ...

Gum Chewing While Dictating
May 21, 2011

I'm going freaking nuts!  I am trying to transcribe a resident's dictation (bad enough), but she's smacking and chewing gum throughout the whole thing.  It's so loud that I can hardly make out what she's saying.  I don't very often rant and rave, but ... I DON'T GET PAID TO HEAR SOMEONE CHEW GUM!!!!   ...

RNs Dictating - GRrrrrr!
Apr 10, 2012

Okay, if you're going to have an RN, FNP, or PA dictate for you, at least make sure they know the terminology!    I just suffered through at 10 minute discharge summary on a patient post CVA, and this lady was reading the CT scan and MRI reports of the brain into the record with clearly no idea at all of what she was reading or what it meant or how to pronounce the parts of the brain.  Thank goodness I've been around long enough to be able to get and idea and fill in so ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

So The Doc Just Sneezed While She Was Dictating
Aug 13, 2012

The doc sneezes twice and I muttered to myself "God bless you."  Apparently someone in the office did, too, because then the doc said "thank you."  The timing was perfect and it made me laugh.   ...

Every Time One Of These Dictating
Apr 01, 2013

doofuses puts in the wrong work type, the report should be sent back to them to fix.  How hard is to just put in the correct type?  I guess that's too simple. ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...

Re-dictating By The MT Using Dragon Etc
Jun 24, 2014

Anyone have thoughts on using program such as Dragon to "re-dictate" reports to save some transcription time and hopefully save further wear and tear?  Not an expensive program start-up but willing to spend some time to set up a more basic program to work.  My shoulder is nearly frozen, again.  Us old-schoolers are wearing out.  Thanks! ...