A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hemoglobin and hematocrit WAS ____, BUN and creatinine WAS ___ - cardmt

Posted: Mar 26, 2013

I've heard all the docs saying this... even ones whose grammar I don't need to normally correct.  Have I been wrong all these years in thinking with an "AND" there would make the correct phrase "WERE"

No argument here...I fix it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks, I always have to...... It just made me wonder if it was - cardmt

[ In Reply To ..]
me since they were all saying it

it's just not that big a deal - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's commonplace for docs to state H/H together and BUN/creatinine together because of the relationship these values have to each other. It's just not that big a deal.

Similar Messages:

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit
Jan 13, 2010

Having a brain burp, the physician dictated hemoglobin and hematocrit increased to 12.2 and 35.1. The question is do I put the lab values with the correct lab work? Thank you in advance. ...

Another Confusing Fill-in By MME..........hematocrit Of 340???
Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340?  A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which ...

Maximum Creatinine
Jul 10, 2010

Hi, I have a question about how high creatinine can go.  I have someone who was in a car accident in critical condition.  The doctor says his creatinine is decreasing to 132.  Is that even possible?  I think I will flag it anyway, but I am curious about how high it can go. ...

His Hematocrit Is Actually Very Stable S/L Rel-uv To Prior Values, Although I Think It Will Drop Som
Dec 30, 2009

ty ...

Please Help..in Ob Dely Note, TP(?)-creatinine Ratio??
Apr 06, 2010

.. ...

Hemoglobin 8.+
Oct 16, 2010

How would this be typed out?  Hemoglobin 8.+ or plus?  Thanks!! ...

Hemoglobin Baltimore???
Dec 02, 2009

Dictator giving past medical history list and states "history of variant hemoglobin, hemoglobin baltimore?, of little apparent clinical significance."   Hemoglobin Baltimore?  I cannot find reference material on this...am I hearing her correctly? ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Hemoglobin A1c Referred To..
Mar 29, 2010

as a "long-term" blood sugar ??? ...

Ivs Slip ???? To Rule Out Monoclonal Gammopathy; Also Responsible For His High Creatinine.
Jul 29, 2011

Cannot find what kind of test doc is saying.  Any help would be appreciated!   ...

____ Ranger Symptoms?
Oct 03, 2011

Patient has a head injury, and doc says he has no s/l "left oh ranger" symptoms.... can't get a handle on this one. Thanks in advance! ...

Please Help With This (fast Food ____ S/l Jonara)
Mar 31, 2011

Typing a SOAP note for a local physician and I know I have heard this word before but do not use it everyday and it is just not clicking this morning!!!  He is telling the patient to stay away from fatty foods and he uses this word in a sentence telling him to "Stay away from the fast food ____ (sounds like jonara or ganara)"   TIA! ...

____(s/l) Ee-day-o-lus Test Is Negative. Re: Hips - SM
Feb 13, 2015

patient is seen for functional intoeing.  She has mild physiologic valgus of both knees, a little bit more so left than the right.  She has full flexion and extension of the hips.  ____(s/l ee-day-o-lus) test is negative. ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

Word Help - EGFR ____ Wild Type
May 23, 2013

This is a rad/onc report. Here is the sentence: "...woman with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer with neuroendocrine features, EGFR _________ wild type." The blank s/l either "and AOK" or "NAOK" Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance :) ...

The Attachment Of The ____(s/l Adra-dramatus) - ORTHO
Mar 03, 2015

There was a small area of desmoid irregularity in the posterior distal femur and also a little bit of edema at the attachment of the _____(s/l Adra-dramatus).   TIA ...

Sarcoidosis Diagnosed By Mediastinoscopy With Negative ____ Scan.
Nov 04, 2009

the blank sounds like a one syllable word thanks much, Abby ...

The Patient Had A Postop Postdelivery Complication Of ____ (s/l Ana-ma-tray-us) And Had To Have D&am
Aug 26, 2010

thanks!!! ...

Repeat Labs On "full Open" To Check Creatinine..
May 31, 2015

full-open?  Diagnoses: CAD, CHF, DVT, hypertension, hyperllipidemia & hemochromatosis. Thanks!    ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

"Blood Pressure 164/96, ____ 75" S/L Full Or Flow??
Sep 14, 2011

Doc says, "Blood pressure repeat with a manual cuff is 164/96 ____ 75." Could be full or flow?? TIA! ...