A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hemoglobin and hematocrit - Fozzy

Posted: Jan 13, 2010

Having a brain burp, the physician dictated hemoglobin and hematocrit increased to 12.2 and 35.1. The question is do I put the lab values with the correct lab work? Thank you in advance.

H&H - maleMT

[ In Reply To ..]
That's just the way some doctors dictate them, faster for them that way; no need to reformulate

same with BUN and creatinine - if you ever come across it

[ In Reply To ..]
BUN and creatinine are 55 and 2.7 ... is perfectly acceptable.

My nephrologists do this and the H&H this way all the time. The only thing is that I am required to type out "hemoglobin and hematocrit"

Similar Messages:

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit WAS ____, BUN And Creatinine WAS ___
Mar 26, 2013

I've heard all the docs saying this... even ones whose grammar I don't need to normally correct.  Have I been wrong all these years in thinking with an "AND" there would make the correct phrase "WERE" ...

Another Confusing Fill-in By MME..........hematocrit Of 340???
Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340?  A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which ...

His Hematocrit Is Actually Very Stable S/L Rel-uv To Prior Values, Although I Think It Will Drop Som
Dec 30, 2009

ty ...

Hemoglobin 8.+
Oct 16, 2010

How would this be typed out?  Hemoglobin 8.+ or plus?  Thanks!! ...

Hemoglobin Baltimore???
Dec 02, 2009

Dictator giving past medical history list and states "history of variant hemoglobin, hemoglobin baltimore?, of little apparent clinical significance."   Hemoglobin Baltimore?  I cannot find reference material on this...am I hearing her correctly? ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Hemoglobin A1c Referred To..
Mar 29, 2010

as a "long-term" blood sugar ??? ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...