A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone have a good site listing cardiac catheters and sheaths? - Too many products!

Posted: Nov 17, 2010

It seems like every time I transcribe a cardiac cath report, there's yet another new sheath, catheter, introducer, etc., that I've never heard of.  Does anyone have a go-to website listing these?

Don't have a go-to website other than trying - sl

[ In Reply To ..]
to Google what you hear. Your best bet is to invest in some reference books. Stedman's has Word Books for every speciality. Their Medical & Surgical Equipment Words is a fantastic one to get started with.

They list catheters under "catheters," sheaths under "sheath," etc.

There are so many different manufacturers it would be hard to find an all-inclusive site.

Similar Messages:

Cardiac Cath/sounds Like Basofil (hemostasis Using Basofil At The Arterial Site)
Jan 18, 2010

I'm doing a cardiac cath and she says s/l Basofil was used to ensure hemostasis at the arterial site. ...

Need A Good Site To Look Up Doc Names. Sm
Jan 31, 2012

I am needing a good site to search for docs for particular states.  I've been using NPI, but the doc I am trying to find is not coming up.  He/she has an unusual name and it is being dictated by another doc who is struggling to pronounce it.  The doc I am needing to do a search on right now is in Missouri.  I don't know the clinic.  I only know that the patient is to follow with him/her for diabetes. ...

Is This Site Still Good For Companies?
Feb 24, 2015

Is this link with companies still good? Was wondering if it was old or not. ...

Good Site To Go To For Basic Four Samples
Feb 23, 2010

I need a good site to go to for basic four samples.  Does anyone know of any?  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Site That Will Search Medications
Sep 29, 2010

nm ...

Good Morning. Help! Doc Is Saying Quick-look Echo On S/l Sono Cardiac Machine Sm
Feb 25, 2012

I'm thinking sono for sonogram, but not sure. Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Site To View Videos Of Surgeries
Jul 11, 2012

NM ...

Can Someone Direct Me To A Good Resume Site? I'm Dusting My Off, Sm
Jan 23, 2014

and heading out into the sunset!!!  I've been fighting it for some time and as I see my debt mounting, my blood pressure increasing, my paychecks going down, my stress through the roof (the list goes on and on), I'm ready.  I actually have an interview already.  I have a copy of my last one before I started MT 15 years ago and boy does it need updating!!  Any help would be appreciated!! Wow, it is quite liberating to finally come this decision and mean it!! ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

Another Good Site To Search For Coding Jobs: Twitter
Mar 11, 2012

Yep, you read that right: Twitter. I have an account and just now I did a search at the top of the page, and you wouldn't believe all the results that came up, local results from different parts of the country posting coding jobs. It's great. So that's just FYI for y'all. ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site For Ophthalmology Or Bone Marrow Transplant Info. TIA. Nm
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Urinary Catheters
Jul 16, 2014

patient is using a ?stro catheter?  Cannot find anything like it. ...

In The New Cardiac Reference (cardiac Drug List)
Jan 16, 2015

wrong.  Whoever did that, 3 points off and your pay gets docked by $129.   ...

Catheters For Heart Catheterization
May 24, 2011

It sounds like the dictator is saying "Hidalgo catheter was passed for right heart catheterization" is this a name of catheter out there?   Thanks in advance for any help given. ...

S/l Ancel Or Ansell I And II Guides And Catheters
Jan 29, 2011

Sounds like ancell or ansell I and II guides and catheters?  Used in an angiography report.  Any help appreciated! ...

Difference Between Rumel And Rummel Catheters?
Apr 10, 2012

I feel like an idiot that I can't figure this out.  I asked my supervisor and QC.  I event sent the report with the blank to QA and never got the corrected report back.  Does anybody know?  Thanks so much! ...

Med Listing S/l Procetil Nm
Nov 08, 2009

xx ...

Weakness And Listing
Nov 11, 2011

The doctor is saying weakness and listing to one side...is it listing or am I not hearing it right? ...

SmartMed Job Listing
Sep 11, 2012

I see there are 2 dislikes on the Smartmed job listing that was posted tonight.  I sent in my resume a little bit after it was posted and before I saw that.  Anyone work for them currently?  I couldn't find much in the archives about them.  My only problem is that I have no recent acute care experience, I did work at a hospital from 1995 to 1997 and the rest of the time I have done various clinic jobs.    I just want to break into a company and get some acut ...

Question About A Job Listing
Mar 15, 2014

I was looking at the ad for Babbletype...Does anyone know anything about them ...

Need Help With Medication Listing
Sep 17, 2014

Under the medication heading the doc ditates: Medication 50 mg, quantity 60 for 30 days, take 1 capsule by mouth twice a day, with 1 refill Every medication is listed this way and there are approx. 8.  I have not seen this before and an usure how it should be transcribed.  Would it be as typed above with a semicolon between each, each typed as a sentence, or what?   Thanks! JB ...

Number Sign And Listing In ASR
Jan 28, 2010

In ASR I was told that when there is a list (docs usually say "next number"...) and the machine puts the # sign, that the "system would automatically make a numerical list, converting the # sign to an actual number".: #.... #.... #... One one report I had a report that had #, about three or four of them and I sent it through.  I got negative feedback, because I had left the # in and didn't type out the number.  Yet on others, nothing ever came back!  Which is correct? & ...

Medication Listing Question
Aug 25, 2012

When typing out medications patient is taking. Can you type it like this? LESCOL ZANTAC TOPROL LASIX etc. Or does it matter? ...

Listing The Thoracic Vertebrae
Mar 11, 2015

How are the thoracic vertebrae listed if dictated individually, i.e.  T 8, 9, 10 and 11, or T8, T9, T10 and T11?  In other words, should the "T" be added before each numeral?  Thanks. ...

MCOD Medical Coder Job Listing
Mar 12, 2013

x ...

Got A Reversal Only Because They Made A Mistake Listing Me As The Dictator
Feb 18, 2015

I can just see their smug red face conceding they made a mistake. Makes my day. Now back to my dictating! ...

Back Pain And "listing" While Walking
Mar 09, 2010

Dr. states "back pain and listing while walking".  Is listing correct??? ...

Cardiac
Nov 05, 2009

A repeat CT was done, which showed an "interwall" decrease in the subdural hemorrhage in the left tentorial edge. ...

Non-cardiac?
May 02, 2010

Should it be non-cardiac or noncardiac?  I saw it both ways online and just wanted to be sure.  Thanks! ...

HELP With Cardiac Lab Value
Oct 01, 2013

Patient will be undergoing CABG and dictator stated: "AP 2 wide 12 assay will be obtained to evaluate the level of platelet inhibition" AP 2 Y 12? a P2Y12? I can't find anything. TIA ...