A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

good keyboard that is fast to type on? - MJ

Posted: Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone have an idea of a good keyboard that is fast to type on? I have a few. One is an old Dell that is awkward and the other is a new Dell that is also awkward because the keys are so flat and touchy. Is there one out there that anyone prefers?

$15 Logitech wired keyboard - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried several keyboards - mostly of the wireless variety and hated them. One night my hands got so sore from having to hit the keys so hard I was just desperate. Went to Wal Mart and got the cheapest wired keyboard I could find. $15.00 from Logitech. I figured anything had to be better than the other piece of garbage I was typing on and actually injuring myself with.

I love this little cheapo thing. Just love it. The keys are fast, light, and I can type crazy fast on it.

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
USB, wired, under 20 bucks. I'm on my second one. The curve is very slight, just enough to put your wrists in neutral position.

Similar Messages:

Know Of A Good Keyboard That Is Fast For My Wrists?
Jan 08, 2010

I am looking for a good keyboard that will cause less pain in my already tendonitis-inflamed arms, that is also fast.  I know there are a lot of good keyboards to help relieve stress on the arms, but I need one that can be as fast ast I need it to be.  Anybody know of any??  Thanks in advance. ...

A Question For Fast VR Editors. Do You Have To Use The Keyboard
Feb 01, 2010

I tried for a month not to use the mouse and only use keyboard commands but it's soo awkward.  I started experimenting with using the mouse again and my production went way up. Is it a short-term gain?  Should I hide the mouse? LOL.   ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say About Fast Chart?
Dec 15, 2009

I see a lot of negativity about Fast Chart on previous posts. I was just wondering if there is anything good about this company?? Thanks. ...

What Is The Best Type Of Keyboard?
Oct 13, 2009

I have a REALLY old, loud COMPAQ keyboard.  I am going to buy a new one soon.  What are the best kinds for transcription?  With mine, you really have to punch down on the keys, and I know that a lot of the newer ones are much easier to press.  Any ideas? ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

LOL Hubby Trying To Type With My Keyboard!
Jan 23, 2013

Cuz the letters are worn off!  I need letters on my keyboard like a Nascar driver needs turn signals. ...

Can A KVM Type Switch Be Used ONLY For The Keyboard?
Apr 01, 2014

can a KVM type switch be used ONLY for the keyboard?, not the monitors or mouse? If so, what would i need to plug into it then?  been too long since I used mine.  Thanks. ...

Looking For A Comfortable Wireless Keyboard To Type On
Jan 28, 2013

Any suggestions as to a comfortable wireless keyboard to use with my laptop? Currently using a logitech ergonomic keyboard but the keys seem a little sharp around the edges to me.  Thank you! ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Quiet Keyboard?
Dec 11, 2014

The keys on the keyboard I use now are very "clicky" and I'd like to get one with a soft quiet touch.  Any ideas?  Thank you. ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

Super Good Keyboard With A Light Touch Response?
Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone any suggestions for a super good keyboard with a light touch response?  I hate the keyboard that came with my work equipment, bought another, but the keys clatter when I type and it's distracting.  Before I get a new one, I'd like to get some suggestions.  Thanks in advance my co-workers!  ...

Need Benefits Fast! Know Of Co That Gives Dental Ins Fast?
Jul 19, 2010

Need benefits fast!  Know of co that gives dental ins fast? ...

All Type - Good Or Bad?
Apr 01, 2011

Anything on All Type Transcription or Amphion, good or bad?     ...

Silent Type - Good? Bad?
Aug 02, 2010

Good? Bad? Any info would be appreciated. ...

What Is A Good Cpl Rate For This Type Of Work?
Apr 27, 2010

I am subcontracting for a smallish MTSO. My main account is acute care (including op notes) with about 25% ESLs. Secondary account is clinic and very easy. Good, user-friendly platform. ...

WE Type Transcription Have A Good Reputation
Jun 23, 2011

I was just approached by this company.  Sounds like it does not have a good reputation.  Is that true? ...

Is There Any Good Recent Feedback From Silent Type?
Nov 30, 2013

Is there any good recent feedback from Silent Type?  I checked the archives and it"s not great (actually pretty pitiful). Does anyone have any positive info? Thank you in advance! ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

How Fast Is Fast?
Jan 24, 2010

I know there are lots of variables that go into productivity, but I am interested to know what is considered fast for an MT. How many lines per hour are the top MTs producing? ...

Need Fast Help!
May 14, 2010

This is a peds pt who had a VP shunt placed at 9 months for intrauterine strokes.  Can not confirm this term anywhere, but the doc is VERY clearly saying this! had a partial "cerebralectomy" but has had no complications since then. ...

I Can't Believe How Fast I Did A Job!
Apr 27, 2011

It was a lonely little document I got to type! Somehow missed the ASR machine. Did it in 10 minutes. It was the of the same length as the previous ASR job that took me 20 minutes to do. ...

Now I'm Not Fast Enough
Jan 29, 2014

I don't know what these companies expect.  I think they all think we are robots that can be programmed.  My quality is excellent but I'm not fast enough doing VR.  I have NEVER been able to do VR as fast as I can type, but they seem to think that with VR you should be able to do TWICE as much as straight typing-- not!  I wish they WOULD just get robots to do the work-- then they wouldn't have to pay ANYTHING-- just the initial cost of the robots. With what they ...

Okay I Now Know They Are Trying To Fast Kill Me.
Apr 22, 2010

So much for the slow death, we have now been given an account because of loss of work in my account I have had for 20 years.  Given an account that is total ESL residents and PAs.  No following style of dictation.  Absolutely NOT to be found or understood who they are, much less dictating on patients not even entered correctly by their MRN.   I have not had to send anything to QA but now it is to this.  They want me to fail.  So, guess what I will continue to w ...

Need Fast Help, Please - S/l GelGard
Jun 07, 2010

Pt has had a skin graft (due to burn).  I have encouraged him to do scar massage, sun avoidance, continue range of motion exercises, and s/l GelGard wearing... TIA! ...

Fast Chart?
Jun 12, 2010

Any info on this company?   ...

Anyone Know Anything About Fast Chart?
Feb 06, 2011

Anyone know anything about Fast Chart?  Thanks! ...