A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

super good keyboard with a light touch response? - MTing my life away

Posted: Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone any suggestions for a super good keyboard with a light touch response?  I hate the keyboard that came with my work equipment, bought another, but the keys clatter when I type and it's distracting.  Before I get a new one, I'd like to get some suggestions.  Thanks in advance my co-workers! 

keyboards - spitfire78

[ In Reply To ..]
I have regular old Dell and HP keyboards. Love them both, have great touch. The Dell seems to be quieter than the HP though. Have also tried Logix and it also "feels" good.

I love my keyboard, but it is LOUD... - Kendra

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I like about it. I like to hear the tick-tick-tick when I type. I don't know why, but I won't mention the brand, since you clearly would not find the noise a strangely pleasurable as I do. :)

My keyboard - MarineMom

[ In Reply To ..]
I love a loud clicky keyboard too, but since I can't find any anymore that are within my price range and have the USB end, I have gone with the Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic wave keyboard, about $60) and I love it. I also get the clicky anyway thanks to my acrylic nails (can't live without 'em :)

Mine was super cheap... - Kendra

[ In Reply To ..]
and it is USB. I got it at Wal-Mart and It says "mi" on it in cursive, so whatever that brand is, it is really clicky and loud and wonderful!
I just bought a Saitek Keyboard - Eclipse III
[ In Reply To ..]
I love it. Its not loud, but it does have keys and not just that "surface with bumps" that most have these days. And it also has backlights on it, like 5 different colors. I just thought it was cool. Hooked it up and typed on it right away. Looks like a HP keyboard, which is also a plus because I type faster on those. Check it out. Really nice.

Similar Messages:

Soft Touch Keyboard For Excessive Typing
Aug 31, 2011

I need some of your opinions on soft touch keyboard for excessive typing.  Anyone have a favorite? ...

How To Help A Sticky Keyboard? Keys Seem To Be A Hard Touch But
Jun 22, 2014

Seems like for a while now the keys take a harder touch, sometimes they don't connect and I have to hit a key twice. it's a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard, model 1027.  I have taken canned air and blown dust and cat hair out of it,  wondering if using alcohol swabs gently in each key mechanism might help?  Space bar works well, seems to be only specific keys that stick or don't connect well. Backspace is one of the sticky ones.   Any suggestions apprec ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

The "saforted" Pain And Light Touch Over The Upper Lids
Nov 18, 2009

The "saforted" pain and light touch over the upper lids.????? Can't figure out the pain description ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

A Light At The End Of The Tunnel, I Found A Good Job!
May 20, 2011

I have been looking for a month and have found a wonderful job, pays well with benefits. So don't give up new MTs! Try the local hospitals...many still have their own MTs. Don't give up! ...

Good Response To Resume On Here
May 11, 2011

I have gotten a very good response to my resume on here.  It seems things might be loosening up a bit.  Do other people feel that way also.  I think I got about 7 responses in a week or so.  That isnt bad.  I havent decided what I want to do yet but I felt good about that.  ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Quiet Keyboard?
Dec 11, 2014

The keys on the keyboard I use now are very "clicky" and I'd like to get one with a soft quiet touch.  Any ideas?  Thank you. ...

Good Keyboard That Is Fast To Type On?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone have an idea of a good keyboard that is fast to type on? I have a few. One is an old Dell that is awkward and the other is a new Dell that is also awkward because the keys are so flat and touchy. Is there one out there that anyone prefers? ...

Know Of A Good Keyboard That Is Fast For My Wrists?
Jan 08, 2010

I am looking for a good keyboard that will cause less pain in my already tendonitis-inflamed arms, that is also fast.  I know there are a lot of good keyboards to help relieve stress on the arms, but I need one that can be as fast ast I need it to be.  Anybody know of any??  Thanks in advance. ...

Webmedx Red Light/Green Light
Apr 26, 2010

Is anyone else tired of the daily red light/green light game going on a certain Webmedx account.  STOP WORKING, OK OVER TIME WE ARE DROWNING, OK WORK. OK STOP.  I frankly cannot afford much more of this nonsense...... ...

Where Is The Red Light Green Light Thing?
Oct 07, 2010

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

MD IN TOUCH TESTING
Jan 25, 2011

Has anyone done the testing for MD in Touch yet?  I got an email to test.  I haven't done it yet and was just wondering how it was.  I wonder if it has the written and transcription or just transcription, probably both.  I just dread testing.  I work for Nuance right now but need part time work to supplement too.  Well, if anyone has any info on the testing or how they are to work for, I would appreciate it.    ...

How To Get In Touch With DIT Transcription?
Nov 08, 2011

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DIT Transcription? ...

Losing My Touch
Aug 07, 2012

I hope it is okay.  I just need to vent a little.  I just got a new job with a very reputable company ( I prefer not to say which one) and yesterday was my first day.  I knew I would be on 100% QA.  I found out yesterday that I am only allowed to type 3 reports a day until I am off QA.  I am so upset.  I understand they have to make sure I am typing things accurately and according to format but 3 reports a day ?  Then later this afternoon I heard from the big b ...

Anybody Work For MD In Touch?
Jan 07, 2014

I went to their website, didn't see anywhere to apply, but I emailed and asked if they were hiring. Work there? Do you like it? ...

MD IN TOUCH Based In Florida
Jan 21, 2011

Does anyone have any info on MD In Touch based in Florida.  TIA ...

Needing To Touch Base About Something
Feb 09, 2013

In the past week my team has gotten several e mails. Main topic covers 2 things: Poor quality (a huge number of major errors being reported to sup), and the other Quantity (people are not living up to the required new lph by the new compensation plan.  E mails indicated people will be receiving phone calls about this, and poor quality will be terminated from account.  Nothing said about what happens with the lph lower than compensation plan, but did say phone calls will be made. Regar ...

S/l Okayindrum Application On An I-Touch Phone/sm
Feb 06, 2013

Ocular exam by ophthalmologist... Dictator says "An s/l okayindrum application on an I-Touch phone was used individually on each eye and separately." Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Anyone Used Trackball Or Touch Pad Keyboards For Editing?
May 17, 2014

I'm so sick of having my right hand have to bounce back and forth from trackball to home keys, and arrow keys back to home keys it is much slower than transcription.  I also lose time having to constantly stop and feel for the home key position.  I did a search for keyboards and found two that have the trackball or touch pad in the middle lower portion of the keyboard so you can do what used to be mouse work with your thumbs and it looks like your fingers don't have to leave ...

Super PEG?
Feb 25, 2011

status post s/l super PEG placement for severe esophageal reflux ...

Super?
Mar 15, 2011

In the impression he says "GI bleed probably s/l super from NSAID use".  Help... maybe a cut off.  Not sure.  Any suggestions? ...

Deborah's Touch Or Medtranscription. Any Info On This Company? Sm
Jun 09, 2010

Goes by both company names.  Any help would be appreciated.  They are in Phoenix, Arizona.  Thank you. ...

Super- Or Supra-?
Oct 15, 2009

"Increasing supraclavicular adeposity" under Head and Neck. Sounds like she's saying super. They mean the same, don't they? ...

So If I Am Already Really Super-Duper, I Don't
Jun 24, 2011

dollars.  Can't improve what is already top-notch.  If we are already producing the maximum we can, already mastered those horrific docs, what then?  Real incentivizing.  Oh well.  ...

Super Cell Hemangioma
May 25, 2010

Dr. states "super cell hemangioma resection".  Is there such a thing??  He then talks about eyes.  Thanks! ...

Morbid, But Super Informational
Feb 21, 2012

I find medical terminology quite fascinating and enjoy learning about the body and such. I found a t.v. series where they do autopsies on real humans while discussing the functions of the body, various ailments, numerous terms, revelations of their findings, and a whole lot more. They were very respectful and adult about all of it, and I learned a lot. Even if I did know about something, they helped explain it in a way that helped me understand it better. I am very squimish about this stuff in ...

Super Laden Thrombus
Jun 06, 2013

Anyone ever heard of superladen thrombus?  Doing a heart cath..   ...