A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

know of a good keyboard that is fast for my wrists? - mt4ever

Posted: Jan 08, 2010

I am looking for a good keyboard that will cause less pain in my already tendonitis-inflamed arms, that is also fast.  I know there are a lot of good keyboards to help relieve stress on the arms, but I need one that can be as fast ast I need it to be.  Anybody know of any??  Thanks in advance.

Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro Ergonomic (not the new Wave board). - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
The keys are a little closer together than most ergonomics and it has a light, fast touch. I have severe CTS but can go a long time on this board without pain. I've been using this board for 6-7 years so you may have a little trouble finding it since they came out with the new Wave board.

MT4ever - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
I transcribe in the 350-400 lph range and love the Microsoft Natural--the original one, not the subsequent versions. Should help your tendinitis.

Microsoft gull-wing - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The best keyboard I've ever used is the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Model 4000 (gull-wing). It's wonderful for wrist problems and very quiet. The keyboard is split like the old ergonomic ones, but it's higher in the center so your hands aren't flat, but slightly facing each other.

Similar Messages:

Good Keyboard That Is Fast To Type On?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone have an idea of a good keyboard that is fast to type on? I have a few. One is an old Dell that is awkward and the other is a new Dell that is also awkward because the keys are so flat and touchy. Is there one out there that anyone prefers? ...

A Question For Fast VR Editors. Do You Have To Use The Keyboard
Feb 01, 2010

I tried for a month not to use the mouse and only use keyboard commands but it's soo awkward.  I started experimenting with using the mouse again and my production went way up. Is it a short-term gain?  Should I hide the mouse? LOL.   ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say About Fast Chart?
Dec 15, 2009

I see a lot of negativity about Fast Chart on previous posts. I was just wondering if there is anything good about this company?? Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Quiet Keyboard?
Dec 11, 2014

The keys on the keyboard I use now are very "clicky" and I'd like to get one with a soft quiet touch.  Any ideas?  Thank you. ...

Super Good Keyboard With A Light Touch Response?
Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone any suggestions for a super good keyboard with a light touch response?  I hate the keyboard that came with my work equipment, bought another, but the keys clatter when I type and it's distracting.  Before I get a new one, I'd like to get some suggestions.  Thanks in advance my co-workers!  ...

A Stuttering ESL. Please, I Will Slit My Wrists Now
Feb 02, 2015

nm ...

Painful Fingers/wrists - Suggestions?
Oct 20, 2011

I am having a great deal of trouble with stiff and aching fingers and wrists - it is really slowing down my typing, which I can't afford. No insurance to go to doc. Just wondering if anyone with similar issues had non-med suggestions I could try, particularly for fingers. Any suggestions about wrist splints would be appreciate as well. I have arthritis in my knees so I assume this is what it is. ...

Need Benefits Fast! Know Of Co That Gives Dental Ins Fast?
Jul 19, 2010

Need benefits fast!  Know of co that gives dental ins fast? ...

Help! In PE: Normal S/l (cardinal) Range Of Motion Of Wrists? Nm
Nov 24, 2010

.. ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

How Fast Is Fast?
Jan 24, 2010

I know there are lots of variables that go into productivity, but I am interested to know what is considered fast for an MT. How many lines per hour are the top MTs producing? ...

Need Fast Help!
May 14, 2010

This is a peds pt who had a VP shunt placed at 9 months for intrauterine strokes.  Can not confirm this term anywhere, but the doc is VERY clearly saying this! had a partial "cerebralectomy" but has had no complications since then. ...

I Can't Believe How Fast I Did A Job!
Apr 27, 2011

It was a lonely little document I got to type! Somehow missed the ASR machine. Did it in 10 minutes. It was the of the same length as the previous ASR job that took me 20 minutes to do. ...

Now I'm Not Fast Enough
Jan 29, 2014

I don't know what these companies expect.  I think they all think we are robots that can be programmed.  My quality is excellent but I'm not fast enough doing VR.  I have NEVER been able to do VR as fast as I can type, but they seem to think that with VR you should be able to do TWICE as much as straight typing-- not!  I wish they WOULD just get robots to do the work-- then they wouldn't have to pay ANYTHING-- just the initial cost of the robots. With what they ...

Okay I Now Know They Are Trying To Fast Kill Me.
Apr 22, 2010

So much for the slow death, we have now been given an account because of loss of work in my account I have had for 20 years.  Given an account that is total ESL residents and PAs.  No following style of dictation.  Absolutely NOT to be found or understood who they are, much less dictating on patients not even entered correctly by their MRN.   I have not had to send anything to QA but now it is to this.  They want me to fail.  So, guess what I will continue to w ...

Need Fast Help, Please - S/l GelGard
Jun 07, 2010

Pt has had a skin graft (due to burn).  I have encouraged him to do scar massage, sun avoidance, continue range of motion exercises, and s/l GelGard wearing... TIA! ...

Fast Chart?
Jun 12, 2010

Any info on this company?   ...

Anyone Know Anything About Fast Chart?
Feb 06, 2011

Anyone know anything about Fast Chart?  Thanks! ...

Too Fast To Understand
Jun 14, 2011

The patient s/l FI and brought to the operating room. General endotracheal anesthesia was used as s/l restroom :0. Seriously. This guy talks so fast and I know these are common and could be anything but any help would be great. ...

Fast Chart Or TTS
Aug 24, 2011

I got a job offer from both companies today.  One is for night's with much better pay and the other is during the day with some weekend hours in a month, but really low start out pay.  Not sure which company is better.  I read the posts, but still need a job right now.  Any input would be soooo appreciated.  ...

Someone Please Answer This Fast (sm)
Aug 30, 2011

as it will be moved to the tech board where it belongs, but it doesn't have email options.  I really would like someone to let me email them with a screenshot of the Chartnet I am working on.  I have permission from my TL.  We are switching over to Chartnet and I just hate it.  I have read where everyone loves it but something is different with what I am working on.  Early on, someone suggested it was set up in M-Modal version which is not as user friendly, but all ...

Anyone Heard Of Fast Fox?
Jul 26, 2013

I just stumbled upon a new shortcut/expander program and was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of it or tried it.  It's called Fast Fox and apparently the company might be associated with ExpressScribe?  Anyway, here's a link and if anyone's used it, feedback appreciated! ...

MQ Vs Fast Chart?? Would Appreciate Any Input. Thanks.
Jan 06, 2010

x ...

Do You Have To Be A Fast Typist To Do Coding?
Apr 02, 2010

nm ...

Slow/fast Bar Problems?
Sep 10, 2010

Anyone else having problems with the slow/fast control bar being slow & jerky?  ...

Sounds Like A Fast Gut Suture
Sep 19, 2010

"... The stent was pulled taut as well, and the Monica was seated nicely in the inferior puncta.  A single deep 6-0 horizontal mattress suture was used in the temporal extent of the wound to bring the deeper layers together.  Then 2 interrupted fast gut sutures were placed to close the skin..." ASR put facet sutures, but the doc is saying "fascut or fastgut" ?  Any ideas?  Surgery is repair of an eyelid laceration.     Thanks! ...