A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word autocorrect - hopeful1

Posted: Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :)

Word expanders - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have used Instant text for years and LOVE it..It attaches to any document you are transcribing, even emails. And you can close it out when you don't want it. But it's all a matter of preference, I guess. I used it for years at the hospital so it was only natural that I buy it for my home system. It's what I'm used to using. Hope this helps a little.

Similar Messages:

Instant Text And Word Autocorrect??
Jul 13, 2011

I was just offered a job and the company uses Instant Text as their expander. I have over 1900 entries in Word's autocorrect in the MSO1033.acl file. This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times over, but can't seem to locate the results: Can I take my Word autocorrect and import the entries into Instant Text without have to copy and paste them in individually? I know many of the MTs do use Instant Text. If you can, could you tell me how difficult it is, if it is? Thanks ...

Converting Word Autocorrect Into Instant Text
Nov 07, 2011

Could someone tell me if there is a way to convert your autocorrects from word into instant text so that I can use them in emdat?  Thank you!!! ...

Word Autocorrect File Imported To Instant Text V BUT!!!
Jul 23, 2011

I followed the instructions of a poster below for importing my .acl autocorrect to Instant Text V via the importer. It seemed to go. The question I have now is when I open Instant Text on the bottom right I see glossaries, the first glossary is for the transcription department of the company I will be working for. Then the second position shows my MSO1033.acl. When I highlight that, all my entries are there. But when I close the program and then open again, the MSO file is not there, and I have ...

Autocorrect And Instant Text
Apr 13, 2015

Hello, Can anyone tell me how to convert the glo file in Instant Text to autocorrect?  I have asked for help from Instant Text with no response.  I do not want to/can't afford with the wages today to upgrade, and quite frankly getting sick and tired of what appears to be constant glitches in programs (which IMO are on purpose) to more or less force people into buying newer and better versions. As an MT, I am already in the poor house.  When I bought it years ago, I was told ...

Transferring Instant Text Into AutoCorrect
Jan 18, 2013

I am chaning jobs.  Current company uses IT on company-owned/provided computer (required).  The platform is Word-based and has AutoCorrect, but IT is the expander company uses. New company also will be company-owned/provided computer (required).  The platform is the same, but they use AutoCorrect.  Is there any way to convert my IT expanders to AutoCorrect on current company's computer, then somehow transfer file (via email or whatever) to new company computer? I don ...

SHORTHAND 10 Vs INSTANT TEXT
Feb 22, 2010

nm ...

Shorthand To Instant Text
May 27, 2010

Can directories from Shorthand be transferred to Instant Text?   ...

Instant Text Or Shorthand...
Aug 24, 2010

Hi everyone, I just started editing and I'm having a very difficult time with getting my speed up. I use Instant Text and find this to be a very awkward program to use for VR. Anyone have any suggestinos or tips on how to increase my speed with VR using this program. Otherwise, do you use something that helps you specifically...I need all the suggestions I can get!! Thanks a bunch! ...

Which Is Better For VR, Instant Text Or Shorthand? (nm)
Oct 16, 2010

f ...

Does Winscribe Work With Instant Text Or Shorthand?
May 20, 2011

I have possibly found an MT position that uses the Winscribe platform.  Does this platform work with Instant Text or Shorthand?  Thanks in advance ...

InstantText, Smartype, Or Shorthand - Which One Is Most Like Word Autocorrect? Sm
Oct 29, 2009

Which one is most MT friendly to use?  TIA. ...

Transferring Word/WordPerfect Autocorrect To PC Shorthand
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone, I use both Word and WordPerfect.  I have autocorrect entries in both Word and WordPerfect that I would like to transfer over to PC Shorthand.  Since I'm new to PC shorthand, I've been reading it over.   I know with PC Shorthand we can use the SHCNV.EXE to convert autocorrect. My problem is that I am at a loss as to what the Word and WordPerfect auto correct entires are labeled or where they are stored in my computer. I did a search and for Word Perfe ...

Converting PC Shorthand Entries To Word 2003 Autocorrect
Jun 10, 2012

I want to convert all my shorthand entries to word 2003 as the in-house company I am working for does not allow any outside software to be running on their machines.  Anyone know if this can be done and if so how to proceed with same? ...

Word Expander Other Than Instant Text
Jan 27, 2011

Are there any other expansion programs that lets you use the same keyword for multilple entries like Instant Text does?  For example, CVA could be either cerebrovascular accident or cardiovascular accident... ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Word Expanders - Instant Text, Or ShorCut By Sylvan Is The Best?
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas on whether Instant Text, or ShorCut by Sylvan is the best? ...

Cannot Link Instant Text Pro V To BeyonText (word 2009)
Aug 10, 2011

I am having problems with Instant Text linking to my word program.  I just started w Transcend and they use Beyond Text as their wp.  I am using the trial version of IT Pro V and cannot get it to link.  The red light will not go off and when i press on the up arrow to link the program nothing happens.  I thought it might be b/c the same command to link is also a command in BT but the arrow wont even work.  Help!  If I cannot even link the program how can I use it! I ...

Converting Shorthand To Word Auto Text
Sep 14, 2011

Please Help! Anyone know how to convert shorthand dictionary into auto text in word 2007? ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

Smart Type
Oct 28, 2014

I downloaded the trial version of Smart Type and have been trying to use it for the last two days.  I think it might work for me but I have a lot of word expanders in Word 2010 that would take me forever to duplicate in Smart Type.  Is there any easier way?  And how long does it normally take to become proficient in using this program.  Right now it is slowing me WAY down!   Thanks for any help you can give me. ...

For EScription, Is AutoCorrect Of Shorthand Better, If I Do
Dec 19, 2009

AutoCorrect seems much easier to deal with, but won't handle long canned text, and there is no "normals" program in eScription I can add long reports to.   I cannot tweak Shorthand to my liking; no matter how much I try, I still have to fight to get a lot of terms to expand.  It's really annoying.  But it can handle unlimited entries and long blocks of Text that AutoCorrect can't. ...

Stedman's Smart Type
May 20, 2011

wondering about how stable stedman's smarttype is for everyone else.  I have used the program for years, but noticed recently odd things happening.  Has anyone else had unexpected things happen with smartype and word 2007.  What could I replace it with that would be its equal?  Call the programmers consortium who made the program originally, but no one knows anything.  Could use some light shed on the subject.   ...

Starting Smart Type
Nov 22, 2013

I have downloaded Smart Type on Word 2007 but it does not start when I open a document.  Could anyone tell me what I have to do to get it running.  Thanks! ...

Copy Shorthand Files Into AutoCorrect?
Jun 01, 2015

I have a potential job offer but it would be using their computer with Dolbey Fusion and I am not allowed to use Shorthand expander but they said if I have files in Autocorrect they will transfer them for me. I know there is a way to get autocorrect files into Shorthand and I am pretty sure there is a way to do the reverse but I can't figure it out and I have searched for days online without success. Of course Shorthand customer service won't help me. They just keep asking me why I ...

Anybody Using Smart Type Speed Typing Software?
Aug 19, 2011

Is any body using Smart Type speed typing software?  I could not find it on the net.  Please let me know if it is still availabe.  sf ...

Smart Type Will Work On The IntraScript Platform?
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me if Smart Type will work on the IntraScript platform?  ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...