A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bayscribe expander problem, putting an extra letter - in front of the word when exspanding

Posted: Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as:

bl = bbilateral

cons = cconsultation

It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.  I did do a scan and found an Adware and quarantined it.  Before doing the scan, I had uninstalled the productivity tools (expander) and reinstalled it in case there was a problem with that.  I had also did a system restore to an earlier point and it was still happening.  Can someone help me with this problem by chance?  Thanks SO much! 

I've had an issue for a month or longer - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It happens a few times during the day. Some days worse than others. I'll sit here and hit keys and nothing happens, then I get a couple of keys. They I try to type a work and get half the work or it deletes or doubles letters. No solution. share in your misery.

Windows 8 system? - SharFor

[ In Reply To ..]
If using windows 8 system, take off the automatic spelling within the system and this has cured the bayscribe problems with expander

Similar Messages:

ShortHand Expander - Extra Tips Or Tricks ?
May 12, 2013

Well, after a less-than-stellar trial of IT and a bit of a disappointing trial of SmarType, I think I finally found one that works well for me in PC Shorthand.  Really easy to make additions, not too obnoxious or distracting on the screen, and, after playing with the settings, no lag in expanding.   Does anyone who uses Shorthand have any extra tips or tricks to increase its capabilities aside from what is listed in their instruction manual?  So far it's meeting my needs quite nicely ...

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

How The Word Expander In Bayscribe Works?
Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks! ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

With The Changes AHIMA Is Putting Out
Sep 11, 2012

I am wondering if Andrews is still a good choice for a school. I was also thinking of calling Linda Andrews and seeing how these changes affect her course. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. ...

Putting MM On A Resume
Jan 13, 2014

I was hired at MM by acquisition.  My prior company is gone.  The 2 companies before that are gone, out of business.  Therefore, I have no "recent" references. On a job application, what info do you put down for MM address and phone number?  What about when they ask for your direct supervisor's name and phone number? I am afraid this is going to keep me from getting another job. ...

I'm Putting In My Notice! Does Anyone Know If...
Apr 01, 2014

deleted. Tried to delete the header, but it won't let me delete the whole post ...

Oh Why Oh Why Do I Keep Putting All My Eggs In One Basket...sm
Nov 01, 2011

I am getting screwed by yet another company.  I have nothing to fall back on so I am seriously considering working two jobs again.  I did it before a long time ago and it sucked the life out of me.  I barely had a life working one job with all the long hours.  Is it possible to hold down two jobs long term and still have a family life?  I just can't afford to sit here with nothing to do day after day.  Just had to vent... ...

Putting Up The Christmas Tree
Dec 06, 2014

It's just over a couple months that I got off the Nuance bus, and started a new job.  My months at Nuance had a profound impact on both my husband and me.  Not only is our bank account now on the road to recovery, his happiness has rebounded, as I am no longer so miserable and insecure.  Having a good job pays benefits well beyond the paycheck.  I cannot forget what you still chained to this miserable company are enduring.  Of course, I haven't read the d ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...

Not Putting All My Eggs In This Basket Anymore...sm
May 26, 2011

Well, I have been reading a lot and there are definitely many who are unhappy doing this for a living at this point. I think the major downfall was the MTSO.....for many, many reasons. Just like Wal Mart put many mom and pop stores out of business, MTSO's are the Wal Mart of the MT world. I decided to go back to school about a month ago. I am going to a local Vo-Tech to get a license to be a nail technician. It is totally out of my comfort zone and away from anything I have ever known. I a ...

Putting Comma After Typing A Date
Jul 01, 2011

I was taught to always put a comma after the date when it is typed in a text, even in the middle of a sentence. QA said that is wrong. Which is correct? ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

What Is Purpose Of Putting In A Password For New Posts
Oct 22, 2014

Or is it just me this happens to? ...

Just In Case Anyone Missed It, See Here What Show NBC Is Putting Out And Why They Should Be Banned,
Aug 16, 2010

picketed and millions of emails from MTs like ourselves should be sent to them complaining, just as others are doing.  This is an absolute disgrace, comedy or no comedy!!!!  The show is called Outsourced.  If you do not want to click the link below then Google NBC - Outsourced, as I did, and read about the show and also read the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are writing NBC and complaining!  Such poor taste! http://www.nbc.com/news/2010/05/07/nbc-picks-up-three-n ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

Working As An IC...putting Company Names On Applications?
Nov 12, 2012

I am applying to a company that would like me to give names and phone numbers of current and previous employers for verification.  I have really only had one "employer" in the last six years.  All the rest are companies I do IC work for, including the one I am working for now.  Do I put the company names and phone numbers down?  It feels somehow wrong, like I am breaking confidentiality or putting their names and numbers down in some sort of behind-their-back way.  Any t ...

So Tired Of Putting In A Lot Of Time With No Work. It Makes Me Very Upset. Nm
Aug 23, 2014

nm ...