A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does the Shorthand expander work in Bayscribe? - nm

Posted: May 09, 2015

d

Yes - It Does

[ In Reply To ..]
not initially, but you have to ask them to make it compatible. I use SH for Windows 10 and within two days, it was made compatible. It does have its own expander as well, and you can use that in the meantime. you need to add words to it as you use it.

Similar Messages:

Bayscribe/shorthand
Oct 13, 2009

How do I transfer my Shorthand to Bayscribe word expander. ...

Bayscribe With Shorthand?
Jun 11, 2012

I know Bayscribe has its own expander, but is there a way to disable that and use Shorthand instead?  ...

Will Shorthand Work With Bayscribe?
Sep 17, 2013

The company I'm working with told me it would work with their Bayscribe platform but I can't figure out how to do it.   Does anyone know if SH works with Bayscribe and, if so, how I go about accomplishing this? Thanks :-) ...

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

How The Word Expander In Bayscribe Works?
Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks! ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Can You Use Shorthand Expander With DocQScribe? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

xx ...

Question About Shorthand Expander
Jan 08, 2012

When I opened up Shorthand this morning all my entries were gone, nearly 10,000 of them.  SHort of manually re-entering them, does anyone have any idea how I can get them back?  ...

Shorthand Expander Software
May 08, 2012

Hi Everyone:  I currently use Shorthand Word Expander program and I think it is interfering with the PScribe software I have to use for work.  When I am in a report and having issues like Shorthand putting in wrong upper or lower case letters, I will turn off Shorthand and then it types the right thing.  I have used Shorthand for years but I think it is now not compatible with the current program I have to use.  Has anyone had any issues like this?  ...

ShortHand Abbreviation Expander
Oct 10, 2012

How can I get the expander to print out the expansions quicker. In other words, when the abbreviation is expandeded on the page, it takes a while because it expands as if it is being type and not just pop up on the page. ...

Shorthand For Windows Expander
May 07, 2013

I have been having something unusual happen with my Shorthand expander.  I think I messed it up when I was doing some changing and ever since then I have not been able to expand an abbreviation when I  am in the actual SH screen.  I used to just hit enter and it would populate my document, but now it doesn't do anything at all at that point.  I have to go back out of SH and then reenter the abbreviation in the document I am working in and then it works.  Does a ...

Shorthand Word Expander
May 27, 2013

I purchased Shorthand word expander from Sylvan and I cannot get it to work. I'm using Windows 7 and Word 2007 with ExEditor. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Shorthand Expander - How To Make A Template
Mar 13, 2010

I am new to Shorthand.  I have always worked with the shortcuts withing Word.  Does anyone know how to make a template with a space that I can get to with the Function Keys?  I used to type the letter kk" and a gray box would appear that I could get to inside the document with the F11 key.  Help!!  Any helpers for this new program would be great.  Old dog working on new tricks. ...

Manual For Shorthand Word Expander?
Aug 05, 2011

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for Shorthand word expander?  I know I am missing some important processess that would turn out to be a great help.  TIA! ...

Shorthand Word Expander Question
Jan 05, 2012

I'm relatively new to this and haven't yet been able to figure out if there's a way to print out a list of the expanders.  Does anyone know if this is possible? ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Bayscribe Expander Problem, Putting An Extra Letter
Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as: bl = bbilateral cons = cconsultation It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Secu ...

Word Expander - My Free Shorthand Is About To Expire
Nov 11, 2011

I'm an MT student and my free Shorthand is about to expire. Can anyone recommend a good word expander program? I don't care for SH, it's unreliable. ...

Shorthand Expander - Can't Figure Out How To Do A Count, Or Calculation
Aug 25, 2012

I'm still in school, working on adding to my Shorthand file. I hear people talk about how many entries they have in theirs, but I can't figure out how to do a count, or calculation. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks... ...

Website To Download Shorthand Word Expander
Jan 23, 2013

I am starting at a new company who requires us to provide our own word expanders and I want to get Shorthand.  However, I'm having a hard time finding the official website for Shorthand to download/buy it.  Can someone help?  Thanks. ...

ShortHand Expander - Extra Tips Or Tricks ?
May 12, 2013

Well, after a less-than-stellar trial of IT and a bit of a disappointing trial of SmarType, I think I finally found one that works well for me in PC Shorthand.  Really easy to make additions, not too obnoxious or distracting on the screen, and, after playing with the settings, no lag in expanding.   Does anyone who uses Shorthand have any extra tips or tricks to increase its capabilities aside from what is listed in their instruction manual?  So far it's meeting my needs quite nicely ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...