A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how the word expander in Bayscribe works? - mt

Posted: Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks!

word expander instructions for Bayscribe - incognito

[ In Reply To ..]
I highlight what I want to expand, then type Control F3, and then click on the box on the left and put in my shortcut, and then I click on the larger box on the right and the highlighted stuff pops in. Then go to the right and click on Add Word and then go to the bottom to hit Okay or what's down there, I forgot, to complete the addition to your expanders. Then do an Alt U at the end of each report before you send and that saves your expanders you created as well.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

If sometimes you call up an expansion and it doesn't populate, space over once and try it again. I know that's a pain but that is how mine works at times. Then you have to X that space out. It's a pain, but the expander can do whole report shells, so it's good in that way.

I hope this has helped you in some way.

how do you get it to populate the word? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
when I put in my short cut nothing happens, it does not let me do anything.

hi, again - incognito

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you try spacing over one space or entering a line and then trying the shortcut? Are you not getting any shortcuts to work? You might need to talk to someone in tech support then.

Sometimes I have to space over one space or even enter a blank line, type my shortcut, and then the expanded text populates. That is only a few times a day, not with every expansion.

I'm sorry I couldn't help much.
thanks for your help - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
but none of them will populate! Frustrating!
Could it possibly have something to do with - the other tabs where SM
[ In Reply To ..]
you might have something unchecked or something checked that shouldn't be? Just a thought.

Similar Messages:

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Anyone Who Works On A Bayscribe Account
Nov 01, 2012

I am curious if your account is going to continue with Bayscribe with Nuance taking over.  I know someone who works for one of these accounts and she tells me she has not received any emails regarding switching platforms, etc.  She also only does straight typing, no VR at all.  ...

Is There Any Third-party Text Expander That Works With Speechmotion? Sm
Jun 09, 2013

The internal one is just awful! ...

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Bayscribe Expander Problem, Putting An Extra Letter
Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as: bl = bbilateral cons = cconsultation It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Secu ...

Any Company That Works Offline In Word?
Oct 31, 2014

Quit a good job with a crappy company but finding I cannot get my line counts to where I need them to be with the new company.  it's only been a couple of weeks, but I need to pay bills!  I used to work for a small company that sent me batches of work and then I just worked in Word, not online in their system, and sent them back before they were due.  Are there any smaller companies that still do that? ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...

Anyone Know If Word Starter 2010 Works With Softscript Software?
Jan 16, 2013

nm ...

Does Anyone Have A Word Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have a word expander? and how are they and do they work good. I need to get one. How much do they cost? ...

The Best Word Expander
Jan 30, 2011

What is everyone using for their word expander program?  I have been trying out ASUTYPE and like it so far. ...

Word Expander??
Feb 10, 2011

Does anyone know of a free program for short hand or word expander? ...

Best Word Expander
Jul 08, 2011

I'm looking for a word expander that really works well with the way I want to type.  I want a word expander that expands with any trigger, i.e, space bar, apostrophe, parenthesis, period, comma, etc. I also want an expander that allows me to build on an existing word without creating an inappropriate word.  For instance, my shortcut for lymphocytes is ly.  When the VR text gives my essential, and I want to turn it into essentially, I want to be able to add the ly t ...

Which Word Expander Do You Use?
Jul 16, 2011

I am wondering which word expander is the best. If you use one, which one do you use? How would you rate it? How much do you think it maximizes your productivity? ...

Which Is The Best Word Expander?
Dec 07, 2011

Which do you recommend and why? ...

What Is The Best Word Expander? Nm
Aug 17, 2013

nm ...

In Need Of A Dependable Word Expander.
Jan 12, 2010

I am looking for a dependable word expander.  I need one that is not too costly.   Thanks in advance for any replies. ...

Word Expander/spellchecker
Jan 29, 2010

Any recommendations for a good spellchecker and word expander program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? ...

What Is The Best Word Expander To Purchase?
Mar 31, 2010

And how do you come up with everything you will need to add to it?  Thx. ...

Word Expander + Typos
May 26, 2010

I am in need of a text expander that also corrects typographical errors (i.e., corrects teh to the and iwll to will).  I know there are several text expander programs out there, but also want one that will correct my typos. Any advice/help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!  ...