A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stop putting Thank you, when it stands alone, under ship markers - tired of having to fix it.

Posted: Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves

oops skip markers that is... - one of those days already :-(

[ In Reply To ..]
X

My ASR does it by itself. Of all the things to have - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
"learned," it does that consistently.

We were told in training that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you don't have to put skip markers for short phrases like that, but if you would take the time to put skip markers for the short phrases, it's appreciated and helps the system to learn.

You can put short not normally used phrases - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you is a normally used phrase so its not ok.."end of report thank you" is fine...it recognizes the whole thing...

I think they are putting them under the R marker - -- redundant I think

[ In Reply To ..]
We were told to be VERY careful putting in any redundant markers (control R instead of S). Skip just skips for that report while redundant will skip it from now on.

We were told in training that - MSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
you can put a skip marked to help the system learn too, about 8 years ago! Sorry, but you must be new or you would have read how a lot of us have wasted time "training" the system!

I use skip marker at the end of every report - - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
whether it is redundant or not. I was told by CCM the system is not going to learn anymore. That saved me so much time. End of report - Skip everything that does not go into report. That is what I do.

Similar Messages:

Wonder How Many JLG MT's Jumped Ship?
Sep 25, 2011

I'm still here, rockin w/ MQ! Anybody else? ...

Abandon Ship
Nov 27, 2012

We need to take massive action to change this industry.  Are we going to continue to take the lies from the thieving MTSOs?   A lawsuit here, a lawsuit there, that is helpful for the few involved, but as a group we have to make change happen now.   Fear is keeping us here, and that is what they want.  They steal our pay, they disrespect us, while they get rich.  That's not right in my world.  I deserve to have work when I log in.  I deserve to be paid a ...

With Everybody Jumping Ship From These Companies--
Mar 07, 2014

and everybody sending resumes to the few remaining companies that are left, this is going to cause a big glut of hungry MTs looking for jobs, so guess what?  The MTSOs are going to start lowering their line rates, upping their requirements for equipment, internet, etc., and the MTs are going to be the ones losing even more in the end.  Then with shipping the remaining work to India and the EHR, it is DEFINITELY time to get out of MT!  The ones who can't see this and are hangi ...

Employees Jumping Ship?
Dec 03, 2014

After the new compensation plan was "explained" today, I wonder how many employees jumped ship.  No one should have to work under those conditions. Smh  ...

Considering Jumping Nuance Ship
Jan 22, 2015

Are there any good IC positions that use Editscript?  I have 5 years experience on this platform.  I have a ton of heme onc experience as well.  I can get on my BF's insurance, so I don't see why I shouldn't go to contracting and be done with this pay system...   ...

EG Stands For ?
Apr 23, 2010

HI, In a pediatric exam for a baby just born, I can't find what EG stands for? Thanks   ...

What C-LPH Stands For
Feb 25, 2015

I have forgotten what C – LPH stands for. Too many abbreviations with this job. ...

Does Anyone Know If Diskriter Pays For You To Ship The Computer Back, Or Sm
Dec 15, 2011

if you have to pay for it yourself?  I am really unhappy there, but I hate to incur another big expense around Christmas time if I do not have to do so.   TIA. ...

An Y Idea What VCG Stands For?
Feb 02, 2010

Chief Complaint: left wrist, s.l  VCG ...

What Does CIIRS Stands For
Sep 15, 2011

medical floor with pneumonia and ____(CIIRS).  The doc pronounce it as "SEARS" and spells it as CIIRS ...

S/l TSL Level 2 - Anyone Know What TSL Stands For?
Mar 16, 2012

He may follow up on an outpatient basis for continued complaints of urinary symptoms.  The patient did fill out a living will requesting TSL level 2 though he does need to notarize the documents.   Does anyone know the acroynm for TSL?? ...

What Does MTSO Stands For
Dec 16, 2013

See it all the time, don't know what it means. ...

HEENT: CC Are Plethoric - Does Anyone Know What The CC Stands For?
Aug 23, 2011

"HEENT:  CCs are plethoric. Sclerae are anicteric."  Anyone know what the "CC" might stand for?  TIA! ...

FROSBI Work Up. Does Anyone Know What This Stands For. It's A Workup For An Infant Performed
Mar 26, 2013

xx ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

With The Changes AHIMA Is Putting Out
Sep 11, 2012

I am wondering if Andrews is still a good choice for a school. I was also thinking of calling Linda Andrews and seeing how these changes affect her course. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. ...

Putting MM On A Resume
Jan 13, 2014

I was hired at MM by acquisition.  My prior company is gone.  The 2 companies before that are gone, out of business.  Therefore, I have no "recent" references. On a job application, what info do you put down for MM address and phone number?  What about when they ask for your direct supervisor's name and phone number? I am afraid this is going to keep me from getting another job. ...

I'm Putting In My Notice! Does Anyone Know If...
Apr 01, 2014

deleted. Tried to delete the header, but it won't let me delete the whole post ...

<non-s> Markers?
Dec 02, 2010

I'm fairly new to MQ and learning the skip marker thing.  Could someone please tell me, are we suppose to remove the markers that say <non-s>?  I've had so many reports that are FILLED with these markers.  Or, are they suppose to stay in? I'd appreciate input/answers.  Thank you, Happy. ...

QA Markers On 7.1
Nov 15, 2012

Has anyone else had this problem, where you put a QA marker, but when you go back to listen to it again, it takes the sound back to the beginning of the report and no matter how many times you try to fix it, it just keeps doing that? What's the deal? ...

Oh Why Oh Why Do I Keep Putting All My Eggs In One Basket...sm
Nov 01, 2011

I am getting screwed by yet another company.  I have nothing to fall back on so I am seriously considering working two jobs again.  I did it before a long time ago and it sucked the life out of me.  I barely had a life working one job with all the long hours.  Is it possible to hold down two jobs long term and still have a family life?  I just can't afford to sit here with nothing to do day after day.  Just had to vent... ...

Putting Up The Christmas Tree
Dec 06, 2014

It's just over a couple months that I got off the Nuance bus, and started a new job.  My months at Nuance had a profound impact on both my husband and me.  Not only is our bank account now on the road to recovery, his happiness has rebounded, as I am no longer so miserable and insecure.  Having a good job pays benefits well beyond the paycheck.  I cannot forget what you still chained to this miserable company are enduring.  Of course, I haven't read the d ...

Cardiac Markers
Nov 20, 2009

Cardiac bile markers?  I have never heard of this but that sounds like what he is saying. ?? ...

Skip Markers
Jan 25, 2010

I got a call from MQ regarding the amount of <skip> markers in my ASR reports.  I was told that there shouldn't be more than 3 to 5 skip markers in any given report???  This sounded absolutely ABSURD to me and I told them to give a listen to some of the reports I edit and explain to me how exactly I am suppose to accomplish that!  Has anyone been told that or something similar?  It doesn't seem to me that the "ASR machine" will learn if we simply do correctio ...

CMTgenetic Markers
Jul 13, 2010

He says "I was going to do the CMT genetic markers for the "excellent" gene".  I have looked under CMT genetic markers and cannot find any "excellent" gene or anything that looks like it. Any ideas?  ...

Some Thoughts On The S Markers
Sep 16, 2010

I was wondering why in the new 6.1 version, it takes more words to get an automatic S marker inserter (highlighting words then using the delete button).  I used to have to count the words and if 5 or more, used to place the S marker.  I wonder why now the difference.  Do you think the Q keeps track of how many S markers are generally given in our documents as their ASR system is developed, and now wants to give themselves another pat on the back, exclaiming how their stellar ASR s ...

ASR And Skip Markers
Sep 24, 2010

I accidentally hit the delete button and it did not put in a skip marker so wondering if the trainer was wrong. ...

What Are These Non-s Markers Showing Up Now? Sm
Oct 31, 2010

Since the new upgrade 3 days ago, the ASR reports are showing continuously these red non-s markers....   Annoying.  And I don't hear in the report any lapses of time.   I thought this was supposed to be something that was manually put in, so my guessing is Yes, we are editing ILP work!!!!   Oh well, I am just ecstatic I now have high speed internet and now no longer at the mercy of dial up on top of NJA and other problems.   I actually do li ...

Margin Map Markers
May 09, 2011

Has anyone heard of Margin Map markers used during mastectomy?  Previous reports have it as MarginMap markers, but I cannot find this in any of my reference books or online.  The complete sentence is "The breast was labeled with a MarginMap markers."  TIA! ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...