A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just in case anyone missed it, see here what show NBC is putting out and why they should be banned, - anon

Posted: Aug 16, 2010

picketed and millions of emails from MTs like ourselves should be sent to them complaining, just as others are doing.  This is an absolute disgrace, comedy or no comedy!!!!  The show is called Outsourced.  If you do not want to click the link below then Google NBC - Outsourced, as I did, and read about the show and also read the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are writing NBC and complaining!  Such poor taste!

http://www.nbc.com/news/2010/05/07/nbc-picks-up-three-new-series-for-2010-11-season-with-the-event-outsourced-and-love-bites/

Outsourced - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it will stir things up more and get more people involved in writing their representatives to get a stop to offshoring. You never know.

You are absolutely right, fingers are crossed. I was so (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
glad to see the numbers of people leaving comments on NBCs board against this. Like you though, again, I hope that it does stir things up and puts pressure on the "right" people to stop offshoring!

Can't wait for others to see what we deal with! - Gem

[ In Reply To ..]
Most don't understand what outsourcing has done to us - devastating! I want others to see first-hand how these people are stealing our livelihood. I plan to be laughing out loud. I say go for it and bring it to the forefront as to what is happening to our country. Hope it's all negative press for them.
There's an outsource board just for this issue. NM - Sigh
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Snippy, snippy, we know that there is an offshore board. Did it bug you - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
that it was posted on the main board possibly by mistake? Instead of making such a brillant observation why couldn't you just jump over this conversation and move along ..... again, snippy snippy.
There's no outsource board here. You an editor? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Figures it's a comedy - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay... it's still pretty early, and I'm half awake, so excuse me if this isn't totally coherent or infested with type-o's : )

After reading the article in your link, I'm willing to bet my next unemployment check (I've been outsourced twice in the past 4-1/2 years) that this show is going to be nothing more than "The Office" set in a place where they can poke fun at foreign accents and foreign culture and most likely a very incompetent yet likeable "crazy American" boss. Good job NBC! In a time where reality TV is still very much a craze, couldn't you do a documentary-style show on the subject? How about following around an unemployed American for a while? How about a day in the life of an Indian working for an American company for pennies and still living in poverty conditions? Why dontcha follow around a corporate fatcat while they go and buy their next new car or redecorate their summer home? Unfortunately this show will probably not open anyone's eyes to this problem, but it will probably make them giggle about it.

There have been many good documentaries on this subject, but I'm not even close enough to being awake to search for them. They're old, but if I have time later, I'll search and post under this link if I can find them. Have a good day folks!

It's funny until it happens to you. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
THis is not an original idea. There is a movie called "Outsourced." It was a cheaply made, cute little movie with all the same ideas, culture clashes, poor country with all silly cultural jokes, cows wandering around outside office out in the middle of nowhere on top of a hill for good transmitter reception, guy falls in love with Indian girl, then all the workers lose their job to the Chinese. I thought it was a cute movie, but it does strike a nerve to those of us who are losing work due to cheap foreign labor. You do get to know the characters and realize that we are all human and in the same boat. I feel the U.S. govt has done us in by allowing offshoring. No one in Congress is hurting. They haven't a clue. Each and every one of our senators and representatives are wealthy. What do they care?

Wow. Thats in extremely poor taste nm - Wont be watching that one

[ In Reply To ..]

Outsource and off-shore are two completely - different things. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
0xx

Read what it is about, it is about shipping jobs to India ... - Sigh2stupidity

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Yes, and that is off-shoring, not outsourcing, in the - world of MT. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Your're missing the point! OUTSOURCED is the name of the show!!!! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Forget it...... - over their heads
[ In Reply To ..]
quit banging yours off the wall. Not worth it.
I know. Tell it to the person looking for the outsourcing - board. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
(

I emailed NBC already - sick of it

[ In Reply To ..]
but never heard back. There is also a website with a petition you can sign. I think you can find it if you google it.

Havent seen the show yet, but I think given the economy - and the offshoring problem, its in BAD TASTE.

[ In Reply To ..]
One silver lining, though: If and when the show airs, it's going to cast a bigger light on the offshoring problem, and if people are offended by the show and start complaining, what better time to bring up the subject of MEDICAL RECORD OFFSHORING?

As I've told my family, I don't think I'm going to think it's very funny. nm - mtmtmt

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

In Case You Missed It
Nov 27, 2013

will tell you one more time what they just did to me. In my former BOB was back up to about $18/hour, getting kudos for having 100% accuracy on many reports. Then switched to a new BOB. After working for about 24 hours on the account I was audited, failed at 98.1% and immediately put on 100% QA at which point I quit. Previously I had been audited once a month (and sometimes went for months without an audit) and when I occasionally failed, was given another month to "improve." I was making 1 ...

In Case Anyone Missed It This Weekend ...
Jan 27, 2014

While some of us are on Food Stamps, earning pennies and being nickeled and dimed to death, the company we REALLY work for ... JP Morgan Chase, just bumped its CEO from $11 million a year to $20 million a year.  In case you wondered, he now earns almost $55,000 A DAY, 365 days a year.    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/p-morgan-raise-james-dimon-pay-20-million-article-1.1590425 ...

When You Get Banned Here
Aug 07, 2014

I'm just wondering.  My friend has been banned for almost a year.  She has tried to contact the mods.  No reply.  She has clicked on the link to have the ban lifted. No reply.  She can't even remember what she did, but didn't think it was bad enough to be banned for life. ...

U Show Me Yours I'll Show U Mine
Mar 11, 2011

Okay, I'm new so I am not making much yet. Can we all just make a post saying how many hours we work, what we gross, how long you've been transcribing, and whether it is vr or st? Don't name your company.  This way we can guage what we can expect to be making down the line. I've been transcribing for 2 months. This week  I worked 37 hours and grossed $259.00 and it was 90% VR. ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Missed An Opportunity?
Oct 19, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has missed a job opportunity by not responding right away to a potential employer. I got an email yesterday around 3 p.m. asking to interview with me and I responded around 5 p.m. and have now heard nothing back. Just wondering if I missed my window? Would they go with someone else just because they were available in that 2-hour window? I really, really, really want this job and am just making myself sick over the possibility I may have missed my opportunity. ...

Missed The Conference Call..
Nov 27, 2009

Can someone please give me a recap?  ...

Yowza... I Think I Missed Payday?
Aug 27, 2011

My MQ check is a whoppin' 333 bucks this PP...   ramen and beans again.  Between NJA, ESL and pay cuts I think I'll call it quits here.  I can do better at a minimum wage job and have less stress.  Giving notice TOMORROW.  Gotta say this tho, the best part about MQ is this board!  LOL!  I've had some good laughs and heard a lot of solid, truthful news and facts about our industry and other's plights working here for peanuts (half peanut ...

Has Anyone Ever Missed A Quartery Tax Payment
Jul 15, 2013

I actually thought they were due this month, just pulled out my vouchers and saw they were due last month.  I actually watched a video with an accountant and he said you don't have to pay quarterly taxes, they just set it up to help you out.  I was wondering though if anyone has actually ever missed a payment and what the outcome was.  Trying to find something on the internet but not finding anything except penalties if you owe at the end of the year. ...

Missed The MDI/Transcend Conf Call
Nov 17, 2009

I missed the conference call this morning.  Was there anything new discussed? ...

Missed AB, Procedure S And C. Would That Be Suction And Curettage?
May 08, 2011

S and C procedure for missed AB?  Suction and curettage? ...

With The Changes AHIMA Is Putting Out
Sep 11, 2012

I am wondering if Andrews is still a good choice for a school. I was also thinking of calling Linda Andrews and seeing how these changes affect her course. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. ...

Putting MM On A Resume
Jan 13, 2014

I was hired at MM by acquisition.  My prior company is gone.  The 2 companies before that are gone, out of business.  Therefore, I have no "recent" references. On a job application, what info do you put down for MM address and phone number?  What about when they ask for your direct supervisor's name and phone number? I am afraid this is going to keep me from getting another job. ...

I'm Putting In My Notice! Does Anyone Know If...
Apr 01, 2014

deleted. Tried to delete the header, but it won't let me delete the whole post ...

Oh Why Oh Why Do I Keep Putting All My Eggs In One Basket...sm
Nov 01, 2011

I am getting screwed by yet another company.  I have nothing to fall back on so I am seriously considering working two jobs again.  I did it before a long time ago and it sucked the life out of me.  I barely had a life working one job with all the long hours.  Is it possible to hold down two jobs long term and still have a family life?  I just can't afford to sit here with nothing to do day after day.  Just had to vent... ...

Putting Up The Christmas Tree
Dec 06, 2014

It's just over a couple months that I got off the Nuance bus, and started a new job.  My months at Nuance had a profound impact on both my husband and me.  Not only is our bank account now on the road to recovery, his happiness has rebounded, as I am no longer so miserable and insecure.  Having a good job pays benefits well beyond the paycheck.  I cannot forget what you still chained to this miserable company are enduring.  Of course, I haven't read the d ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...

Not Putting All My Eggs In This Basket Anymore...sm
May 26, 2011

Well, I have been reading a lot and there are definitely many who are unhappy doing this for a living at this point. I think the major downfall was the MTSO.....for many, many reasons. Just like Wal Mart put many mom and pop stores out of business, MTSO's are the Wal Mart of the MT world. I decided to go back to school about a month ago. I am going to a local Vo-Tech to get a license to be a nail technician. It is totally out of my comfort zone and away from anything I have ever known. I a ...

Putting Comma After Typing A Date
Jul 01, 2011

I was taught to always put a comma after the date when it is typed in a text, even in the middle of a sentence. QA said that is wrong. Which is correct? ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

What Is Purpose Of Putting In A Password For New Posts
Oct 22, 2014

Or is it just me this happens to? ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

Working As An IC...putting Company Names On Applications?
Nov 12, 2012

I am applying to a company that would like me to give names and phone numbers of current and previous employers for verification.  I have really only had one "employer" in the last six years.  All the rest are companies I do IC work for, including the one I am working for now.  Do I put the company names and phone numbers down?  It feels somehow wrong, like I am breaking confidentiality or putting their names and numbers down in some sort of behind-their-back way.  Any t ...

Bayscribe Expander Problem, Putting An Extra Letter
Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as: bl = bbilateral cons = cconsultation It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Secu ...

So Tired Of Putting In A Lot Of Time With No Work. It Makes Me Very Upset. Nm
Aug 23, 2014

nm ...

OK Doc...sss Nn N C End Case,, Really?
Mar 07, 2012

I know exactly what you mean but I dont know the exact wording so now I have to go back and look at old reports and try and figure it out..and then make a shortcut for it cause you always talk like a dumbass...If you would talk like a human you would find your reports get done faster and more accurately.. Do they realize that we type over 100 different doctors on any given day or do they really think we are their personal transcriptionists..Someone needs to tell them how to talk..These companie ...

Into The K? End Of The Case?
Jan 24, 2013

I don't think there is a k in the renal arteries. I just can't understand what he is saying.   Confirmatory angiography s/l  --into the k --showed wide patency of the renal arteries and excellent run-off with both hypogastrics patent. ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

Serious Case Of Bunout
May 10, 2012

I know I'm fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work from home, but I have a serious case of bunout!  I've been trascribing for 25 years and have been looking for another career after recently graduating.  In the meantime, I have to transcribe.  Anyone have any techniques they use to overcome burnout?  It seems it takes all I have lately to sit in my chair and transcribe, and I hate feeling this way!   ...