A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dumb question re Bayscribe expander - Ms. Duh

Posted: Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key?

Thanks in advance!

Bayscribe expander - oldandgray

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, Ctrl F3.

Similar Messages:

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

How The Word Expander In Bayscribe Works?
Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Bayscribe Expander Problem, Putting An Extra Letter
Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as: bl = bbilateral cons = cconsultation It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Secu ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

So I Did Something Dumb
May 30, 2010

I took a job with DIT transcription.  I know. My thinking was that I could get some experience to take elsewhere because they were the only company that would hire me, and most companies clearly state that you need "on the job experience." Well, I'm getting nervous after reading all these posts about them, and I was wondering.. Does anyone have any advice on how to get work with little experience? Like, any companies that let you take a test to see how well you do or anything like that ...

Dumb
Dec 13, 2012

NEW! DO NOT PEND FOR CC ISSUES! Follow account specifics for selecting copies.  Under no circumstances should you pend a job to the client for a cc issue...ever!!! I guess they don't want us to pend to the client for cc issues, ya think?  Seriously?  Red, in caps, AND exclamation marks?  duh  ...

Am I Dumb Or What?
Mar 08, 2013

Can someone help me with my math.  If 1 point gets taken off for an error how does that constitute a 96%?.  Does that mean that 2 + 2 = 5.  If so, I guess I'm all over it.   Please help me with comprehension, I'm feeling really dumb and really pure! ...

Dumb ?
May 12, 2013

Was Saturday (5/11) the second week of Nuance's current pay period?   Thanks in advance! ...

Maybe I'm Being Dumb Here But...
Nov 20, 2014

I have seen so many posts on here asking the question of which companies provide computers and I wonder why people don't have their own computer and need one provided.  If it's a matter of "finances," there are many options available to get your own computer; rent to own, or even places like QVC or HSN.  They offer payment plans and you can pay with either a credit card or a debit card.  I recently got a VERY nice laptop from QVC and am making payments on it in the area ...

Dumb Question?
Oct 15, 2009

I was just wondering, how do you view older posts or post after the last one on the page. I used to be able to see older ones, but now for some reason I cannot.  It seems since the page has changed. Thanks. Sorry for such a "dumb question". ...

I Feel REALLY Dumb Asking This But
Nov 15, 2009

I have a doc describing a cough and I can not come up with the correct spelling on the end of the word.  It is a rattley cough, as in rattle-like sounding cough.  It is not rattling, but rattle-e.  Some days, the brain is just not functioning.  Duh!  Sorry. ...

Got A Really Dumb Question
Jan 29, 2010

Is there any method besides a phone line to connecting to a hospital-based system? an it be done through the Internet? ...

This May Be A Dumb Question, But If You Are (sm)
Oct 21, 2010

an IC and work for an MTSO are you supposed to "know" more and not have to leave blanks for QA? ...

Dumb Question Maybe...why Can't I See...sm
Aug 01, 2012

I notice other people mentioning likes/dislikes on posts.  I'm not seeing them and I wonder why.  Anyone know?  ...

Maybe A Dumb Question, But Anyway...
Dec 25, 2012

So in working on getting my own clients, questions keep coming up in my mind. Here's today's: How do you charge for CCs if the doc requests one be sent to another doc? Or is this something that is done on their office end? I'm planning on a call-in service that also allows handhelds, so it will have the FTP system in place, if that matters in answering the question. After working for large MTSOs, I'm having a hard time "picturing" things in motion. Thank you so much f ...

Might Be A Dumb Question, But....
Jan 16, 2013

I wondered in order to take the exams for AAPC and the AHIMA, do you have to be a member of each of the organizations?    Thank you, T ...

Okay Now I Feel Dumb
Mar 04, 2013

I have been trying to apply to N.  Went to the website, created an account and filled in the info.  Then try to apply for job, keeps sending me back to the fill-in-info page.  Am I dumb or what?  Maybe this is a sign I am not meant to work for N.  Did I just apply multiple times or not at all?  If I can't even figure it out, geez.  Shouldn't it say "thanks for applying, we'll get back to you" or something like that?  Anybody know?  Will ...

This Might Be A Dumb Question, But If You're
Apr 19, 2013

....working for an MTSO, is it typical to let them know you won't be working any more with a traditional 2-week notice?  I'm thinking about doing some IC work for the first time (have always been an employee in the past), and I'm just wondering how that usually works if and when you decide you don't want to work for them any more.   So, if you're an IC, do you typically just let them know not to send you any more work when you want out?  I have a feeling ...

Dumb Tax Question
Feb 14, 2014

I only worked as an MT for a short time in Jan/Feb of 2013, IC status. I haven't received any tax info from this company yet.  I moved over the summer and I'm wondering if the form wasn't forwarded by the PO.  I've been trying to contact this company, but I'm not receiving answers to my emails or phone messages.  Can someone confirm what tax form I should have received?  Is it the 1099?  ...

Dumb And Dumber
May 04, 2015

I am an experienced MT but need some help; haven't had to test for a long time.  I was given the opportunity to test for a company and got the sound file up but the foot pedal will not stop/go the sound. Second problem is that when I move to another page to create a document, I lose the sound feature/box.  (was trying to use word pad or email as I do not have Word on my machine.) Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.       ...