A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Going to be starting a job using Fusion. Can Bayscribe expander sm - Frozen MT

Posted: Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy.

Fusion - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It usually comes with instant text which allows for converting most shortcut type lists into a glossary on that system. I'm not familiar with Bayscribe, but if you are going to be using IT, then check their website. It may have a list of programs that allow that conversion.

Thanks. I appreciate the tip. :-) - Frozen MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, Bayscribe expander will not work in Fusion - BusyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The Bayscribe expander will only work on Bayscribe and nothing else. Fusion is word-based and you have to use auto correct for your expander.

Thanks, I understand that. I was just wanting to convert my files, if possible. nm - Frozen MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Instant text says they can convert abbreviation files, which I think that is where the expander is located, so we'll see. I lost my autocorrect entries when I had to wipe my hard drive and stupidly did not have them backed up, so the only expander files I have are the ones I use for Bayscribe.

Are you starting wtih AHD - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
m

Similar Messages:

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

How The Word Expander In Bayscribe Works?
Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks! ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Bayscribe Expander Problem, Putting An Extra Letter
Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as: bl = bbilateral cons = cconsultation It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Secu ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Fusion
Apr 22, 2015

I've only worked on Dictaphone and am moving to Fusion. Does anyone work on Fusion? Wondering how it is. I have to believe it's way better than old Dictaphone. Any info or tips would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Fusion Or Effusion
Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..   Very hard to tell. tia. ...

Spinal Fusion
Apr 20, 2012

Is XLIFF correct?  -or XLIFT? -- type of spinal fusion - have typed this before - cannot remember it and cannot find it on line  Anyone know? ...

Spine Fusion
May 09, 2013

Sentence is: Right posterior fusion L4-5, S1 with __________ screw between S1 and L5. s/l "axfix"  He says it very clearly, almost like two words "axe" and then "fix". Thanks for any help!     ...

How Is VR Going With Dolbey Fusion
Apr 14, 2014

Is the software learning the docs. Is the VR side as user friendly as the straight transcription on Fusion? ...

Fusion Computer
May 17, 2014

Can someone tell me what a Fusion computer is?  What is the difference in that and a regular desktop?  Thanks. ...

Dolby Fusion.
Nov 05, 2014

I've been using Fusion for about a year.  This week when I went in to start a report there was a list sort of like   <patient name> <number> <account number>   before where I would start the transcription.  When I do the report and save it, there markers aren't visible.  I would like to hide them.  The company told me to try Alt F9 in a new document but that didn't work.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I would really ap ...

Dolby Fusion
May 18, 2015

Does dolby fusion run on XP?  thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Of Company That Uses Dolbey Fusion? Nm
Dec 02, 2009

x ...

Dolbey Fusion Text
Oct 02, 2010

The hospital I work for is currently in the process of switching over to the Dolbey Fusion Text package.  If anyone familiar with this?  Supposedly our productivity will go up 50%.  Thanks for any input. ...

Lumbar Decompression & Fusion
Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Wrist Fusion Question Sm
Jun 09, 2011

He is not tender along the s/l "course of his plate", especially anterior, posterior, medial, lateral. Thanks. ...

Dolbey Fusion For Radiology
Sep 21, 2011

Anyone familiar with Dolbey Fusion system for transcribing radiology? I use Shorthand word expander and hope I can use it on this platform?  Is it user-friendly?Any info is appreciated.   Thank you. ...

Dolby Fusion And Citrix
Nov 22, 2011

Does anyone work on the above platform?  Pros/cons? ...

Wrist Fusion Question, Sm
Mar 31, 2012

doc says:  He does describe some discomfort over the intersections.  On the pressure or palpation over this does not seem to accentuate this. I am assuming it is intersections and not inner sections.  Also, he says this like it is one big sentence, but doesn't make sense to me that way.  Your opinion on the sentence structure.  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes -- Dolbey Fusion
Aug 01, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Dolbey Fusion?  If so, how is it to work on?  Keystrokes has an ad using this platform and before applying I would like information about it.  Can you produce a good line rate on it?  Is it easy to learn?  Anything you can provide me would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...