A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

VR not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods??? Anyone else? - SOSDD

Posted: Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long? 

Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine! 

I have one account that does it - Trampled underfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
VR does it for one of my accounts, but it is the hospital's preference. When I type straight typing for them, though, it doesn't happen; there's no way I can un-train myself from putting 2 spaces after a period and they've never complained.

If I were you, if it comes through that way, I wouldn't change it.

Yup and the other day made a heading out of - someones name

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like recently VSR has taken a HUGE step backwards..

Make sure it's not in the client profile preferences - for one space not two

[ In Reply To ..]
Many facilities prefer only one space, and the system complies with those preferences by default.

I wish the system complied - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure what you mean that the system complies with those preferences. We have many accts that want us to type cc as dictated and it's on the CP but ASR always changes it to mL. I've asked about this and was told that many accts share the same grouping for ASR and so other accts must want it changed and there's nothing they can do about it.

They can do something about it, but they are unwilling to do the work. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
They would have to create more program files which would make the program even bigger and take up more space. A long time ago I asked IT, and he especially mentioned that (disk) space it would take up.

Heck, they still can't get the program fixed so it puts in the doctor's names correctly in ADT without the question marks.

If ASR expands acronyms, expands the dates, changes cc to mL, even if it is against the CP, I don't bother to change it. Why take the time. Any time spent in corrections means less lines which means less pay, and I certainly don't need anything taking away from trying to make my 150 lph.

Similar Messages:

MTSO's Removing Spaces After Periods?
Nov 04, 2011

Have worked for a couple different MTSO's over the last few years. When copying and pasting prior reports I have typed into a new blank document, I have noticed 1 space has been removed after every period, colon, etc.  Anyone else notice this?  If the MTSO's are removing that 1 space, on every report, for every MT, I can't fathom how much $ that would save them in compensation payout... (over a month, over a year!); yet still charging the cl ...

10 Cpl With No Spaces, Is That A Good Wage Or No? I Have Always Been Paid With Spaces, Thx, Nm
Jun 03, 2011

nm ...

Does Anyone Know What 0.08 Line Without Spaces Equals Out To With Spaces?
Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? ...

Sten-Tel -Work Available Consistently?
Jun 29, 2010

I am considering taking a position with Sten-Tel (based in Massachusetts). I want to work full time, but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is consistent work available? Are there days when you aren't able to get any work? Any feedback would be helpful! ...

OK, What Do You Guys Do When You Consistently Run Out Of Work? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

This is getting crazy now.  I'm clocking in and out so many times in a day that I spend more time doing that than actually working.  I show up for my shift and am available to work my entire shift but with no work and no pay.  I've been trying UI in between running out of work but can't get through.  I need the money; please don't get wrong about that, BUT I also have other things going on and alot of it, and I don't have the time most days to make th ...

How Much Do You Consistently Average Per Hour As An MT
May 17, 2015

nm ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...

Anyone In South Region, V Account, Consistently OOW?
Nov 30, 2013

tired of OOW all the time. Don't know how others are making a livable income. ...

When To Use Periods
Jul 20, 2010

I am curious if anyone can offer advice.  I was recently corrected  for not using periods after Mr/Mrs Dr etc.  In my BOS 11 it says it is correct to use/not use periods as long as consisent.  However,  I thought in BOS III periods were elimiated.  Can anyone advise?   Thanks! ...

Pay Periods
Apr 20, 2011

I am new to Medquist and trying to navigate around MQ Central.  I cannot seem to find out where it talks about pay days?  Did I miss something? ...

The Last 2 Pay Periods, I Have Been At 97%. S/m
Oct 29, 2012

Am I on the road to getting fired? ...

Keytrokes Pay Periods
Dec 30, 2010

Keystrokes pays on the 1st and the 15th.  Technically they do not have to pay until Monday, Janaury 3, 2011.  I was wondering, however, if maybe it was the 31st because of holiday etc. Not here last year so do not know.  Thanks if anyone knows.   ...

To Nn...What Are The Pay Periods At Aero?
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Help? ASR Spacing After Periods?
Oct 21, 2011

I have always double spaced my reports when I transcribed unless the client profile told me otherwise.  I have noticed most of my ASR reports are single spaced and some are double, even on the same client.  What is the standard for spacing regarding ASR?  Thanks guys!  I couldn't get any email back on what is what! ...

Forgotten Periods!
Apr 22, 2014

Anyone else having issues with the speech engine just randomly forgetting periods.  As in, it knows the sentence has ended, has capitalized the next word or put in a paragraph carriage return, but there is no punctuation to be found. It used to be there'd be a missing one every now and again at the end of a paragraph, but this morning it's every other sentence.  Happy Earth Day!  ...

With The Changes AHIMA Is Putting Out
Sep 11, 2012

I am wondering if Andrews is still a good choice for a school. I was also thinking of calling Linda Andrews and seeing how these changes affect her course. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. ...

Putting MM On A Resume
Jan 13, 2014

I was hired at MM by acquisition.  My prior company is gone.  The 2 companies before that are gone, out of business.  Therefore, I have no "recent" references. On a job application, what info do you put down for MM address and phone number?  What about when they ask for your direct supervisor's name and phone number? I am afraid this is going to keep me from getting another job. ...

I'm Putting In My Notice! Does Anyone Know If...
Apr 01, 2014

deleted. Tried to delete the header, but it won't let me delete the whole post ...

Transcend And WebM Pay Periods
Dec 29, 2009

Can someone enlighten me as to how the pay periods run for these 2 companies? Is it every other Friday, every 2 wks, maybe someone can tell me when the first pay period in January is for each, I am trying to make a decision and the pay dates are going to make a difference, don't like getting paid twice a month, would prefer every other week on a set date. Thanks ...

Question About Quotes And Periods
Mar 26, 2010

I'm doing a psych clinic report and the doctor uses the patient's words in quotes often, and he always dictates it with the period after the quotes, which I learned is wrong, but I am wondering if the entire sentence isn't a quote, only the last part, does that still hold true, such as: The patient states he is tired, doesn't sleep and is "run down" Does the period go before or after the quotes? Thanks ...

Precyse Pay Periods--Question
Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! I just signed with Precyse and I know they will fill me in on all the details, but it's 8 at night and I was just curious about the dates of their pay periods. I know that they pay every 2 weeks. Can someone tell me the next pay date, please? Thanks! ...

AutoCorrect Not Expanding After Periods. Help!
May 07, 2013

I started using AutoCorrect for my expanders. The problem is when I use them followed by a period they won't work. So "t" doesn't turn into "the" just "t." They work after any other punctuation or a space. I've scoured the internet and Microsoft forums and I can't find a thing. I've tried turning off the auto-caps and that doesn't work. Help? ...

OK This Spacing After The Periods Is Getting To Be A Pain
Feb 25, 2014

I would just leave it as is,,but there is no continuity within the reports, sometimes 1 sometimes 2. Same with colons. Now I have to check every single period, if it is at a margin, it is a real pain. This is why I firmly believe we are sll editing some foreigners work on a regular basis. I never too the editor test, I want no part of it. ...

Oh Why Oh Why Do I Keep Putting All My Eggs In One Basket...sm
Nov 01, 2011

I am getting screwed by yet another company.  I have nothing to fall back on so I am seriously considering working two jobs again.  I did it before a long time ago and it sucked the life out of me.  I barely had a life working one job with all the long hours.  Is it possible to hold down two jobs long term and still have a family life?  I just can't afford to sit here with nothing to do day after day.  Just had to vent... ...

Putting Up The Christmas Tree
Dec 06, 2014

It's just over a couple months that I got off the Nuance bus, and started a new job.  My months at Nuance had a profound impact on both my husband and me.  Not only is our bank account now on the road to recovery, his happiness has rebounded, as I am no longer so miserable and insecure.  Having a good job pays benefits well beyond the paycheck.  I cannot forget what you still chained to this miserable company are enduring.  Of course, I haven't read the d ...

Confusion Over Start And End Of Pay Periods With Nuance
Dec 29, 2012

Okay, got the shift differential figured out but now I am totally confused as to the pay periods start and end dates. I have an email from Cathy Jones with Nuance that says this pay period runs from 12/22 to 1/4, which I think would be correct as it is 2 weeks.  My TL sent us an email this morn saying we have until 1/2 to approve our timecards and the pay period ended last night at midnight!!! What?  Don't we work two weeks and then get paid???? Please explain.  Also, have no ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...

Not Putting All My Eggs In This Basket Anymore...sm
May 26, 2011

Well, I have been reading a lot and there are definitely many who are unhappy doing this for a living at this point. I think the major downfall was the MTSO.....for many, many reasons. Just like Wal Mart put many mom and pop stores out of business, MTSO's are the Wal Mart of the MT world. I decided to go back to school about a month ago. I am going to a local Vo-Tech to get a license to be a nail technician. It is totally out of my comfort zone and away from anything I have ever known. I a ...

Putting Comma After Typing A Date
Jul 01, 2011

I was taught to always put a comma after the date when it is typed in a text, even in the middle of a sentence. QA said that is wrong. Which is correct? ...

What Is Purpose Of Putting In A Password For New Posts
Oct 22, 2014

Or is it just me this happens to? ...