A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Expander programs that are compatible with Bayscribe? - BizzyMT

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!).

Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe?

TIA!

both Instant Text and Shorthand work with Bayscribe - nm - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks, ICManiac! - BizzyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

Similar Messages:

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

Changing Expander Programs
Aug 11, 2011

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.  I was wondering if anyone knew any way of converting an IT glossary to make it work in shorthand.  Unfortunately, I had to upgrade my computer to Windows 7, and IT V Pro will not work with Windows 7.  I had received my IT as a gift MANY years ago, and so do not qualify for the upgrade price, and am not in a position to pay the nearly $200 dollars right now to buy the new version.  PC Shorthand has a monthly pay deal, where it is only ...

Questions About Expander Programs
Aug 09, 2012

I get a different answer each time I ask someone about expander programs. Does anyone use them? Does everyone use them? Are they compatible with the BIG MTSOs and their platforms? Are they worth the time, effort, and money, or are they obsolete now with most of the platforms being used by the MTSOs? Thanks for considering my question. ...

Word Expander Programs??
Oct 09, 2012

I have Word 2010 and that's what I use to work in but the autotext is awful.  I used to be able to type my shortcut and it would automatically pop up when I pressed the spacebar but now with 2010 I have to hit enter which just slows me way down.  Also they used to be able to be captilized or not depending on what I typed it in but now,  whatever case I save it in is what it comes up as.    It's just a pain and I am slowed way down.  Does anyone know a go ...

Word Expander Programs
Feb 14, 2015

Hi,  I am trying to find out what word expander system seems to work the best.  What do you like about them or dislike?  I generally use the autocorrect feature, but my expanders are disappearing.  Thanks for all your help.  Nikki ...

Question About Expander Programs That Work With ChartNet
Jan 24, 2011

I'm putting this here because more people read this board than the technical board, and I'm sure it will be moved before long.  Can anyone tell me what expander programs POSITIVELY work with ChartNet on M*Modal?  I've heard that sometimes ShortHand does and Instant Text *may* work with it, but before I invest in a different software I really need to know for sure if anyone has a program that definitely works with ChartNet on M*Modal. Thanks so much for your help! ...

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

How The Word Expander In Bayscribe Works?
Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks! ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Bayscribe Expander Problem, Putting An Extra Letter
Nov 25, 2013

Whenever I type a word and hit the space bar, it either does not expand and when it does, it puts an extra letter in front of the expanded word, such as: bl = bbilateral cons = cconsultation It is also slower to expand and looks like it is deleting a letter quickly after I hit the spacebar before expanding.  I looked in the expander and nothing has changed with the actual expander commands.  The only thing different I have done lately is unstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Secu ...

Anyway To "backdoor" The Use Of Word Expander Programs
Mar 10, 2010

Working for years as an independent contractor, it was always up to the individual transcriptionist to utilize an expander if she/he desired to do so.  Some of us pick up acute care hospital work on the side.  Most hospitals in this day and age issue each transcriptionist a PC from the hospital that connects to the hospital's VPN (virtual private network).  Keeping that in mind, many of the expander programs that we independent contractures use/used CANNOT be loaded onto the PC's th ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Not Always Compatible...
Jan 23, 2011

I was going to apply to QED but found that they do not take applicants from California. I was going to apply to Inscribe but apparently their system does not get along with my Win 7 64-bit OS or my MS Word 2010. I'm just glad I didn't go through the testing process before finding this out!  FYI:  MTs, esp. new ones: When you're researching companies, you can save yourself a lot of time and frustration by  checking these basics first.   ...

Looking For A Company That Is Compatible With
Nov 17, 2011

Windows 7 - 64 bit.  Having a hard time finding a company that accepts this on my computer and I am not currently in a financial position to change this at the moment.  Can anyone recommend a company or platform that is compatible or how I might research this myself?  Thank you very much. ...

Does Anyone Know If A 64-bit Computer Is Compatible
Dec 09, 2013

with BTXT?  I've e-mailed support, but figured I might get a quicker answer here.  TIA! ...

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Is SoftScript Compatible With Windows 7? Nm
Apr 03, 2012

ChartNet Compatible With Windows 7?
Jun 22, 2012

Hi all.  Is ChartNet compatible with Windows 7? TIA Bee ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Windows 8 And DocQscribe 7.1 Compatible?
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone know if the new Windows 8 is compatible with DocQscribe 7.1?  I really need a new laptop and see that since the new Windows 8 has come out it is harder to find a new computer with Windows 7 on it.  I'd appreciate anybody's input.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Hiring That Is Compatible With Windows 8 ???
Dec 28, 2012

Asking for a friend ... thanks! ...

Is Editscript Compatible With Windows 8?
Sep 18, 2013

I have been wanting to get a work laptop for a while now, but the only ones i can find are windows 8. Also, will the foot pedal work with this operating system?   Thanks, ire ...