A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance QC Editor Position - Me

Posted: May 13, 2013

Ok - so anyone who is a QC Editor for Nuance - can you please tell me what I'm in for? I'm about to accept a position and with all this fighting & negativity on here, it's not very encouraging. Anyone with GOOD news??

You will be told to be as strict as possible doing qa. - You will be told to keep as many SM

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs as possible from getting the bonus. You will be told you can cherry pick to make up for the awful wages you will be earning doing qa. So the good and the bad --- you will be ripping your fellow MTs to shreds and impacting their financial situation, but on the other hand, you can cherry pick all the easy VR jobs for yourself.

QC editor - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The above post is soooooo untrue. I am a QC. We are instructed that when we document an error to always think and choose a 1/2 point less than we first thought. We are stressed to that this is to help the MTs learn and not make them feel incompetent. I was grading too harshly when I first started and even got an email from my TSM telling to go lighter. Nobody allows me to cherry pick anything and if caught you can be written up.

Thank you! - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there enough work all the time? At least like 95% of the time? Is OT ever allowed?

QC too - anom2

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a QC at Nuance and have been since November. I agree with the above poster, we do not grade harshly. We are taught to help "teach" the MTs and not take their errors personally. We are not allowed to cherry pick. I have a great supervisor who is very understanding. The QCs are very friendly and will not hesitate to help you out if you have questions. I am fortunate to be on a large account which usually has plenty of OT. We do receive several e-mails with changes to the account but the changes are usually requests from the client. I really have no complaints at all so far (well...wouldn't mind a little more pay...lol). All in all, I think you will like it here as a QC. Good luck!
Great! - Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That is great to hear after all this negativity on here. Sounds exactly what I've been doing while QAing myself. Thanks!

For the record... - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been an MT for 24 years and have done QA for many years. I've yet to rip any MT to shreds & I always keep it positive.

I think that is against the rules at Nuance. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry but Nuance QA is full of horrific, nasty people.

I have been an MT for 15 years and have done QA (still do at another company) and Nuance gives errors for NOTHING.

QC is the worst at giving errors for things that aren't even wrong. I cannot tell you how many account errors QC has made and then I have to waste MY OWN TIME to reverse the idiot mistakes.

I think the problem with QC is they hire with very - little experience. I doubt
[ In Reply To ..]
they are instructed to score low and rather it is a case of inexperience. I've worked QC here for 2 years and only recently were we changed to hourly. Prior to that it was really just extra money as I did QA for another smaller company. Good luck to you, but don't expect to get rich. You'll be reviewing the worst of the worse dictators and a LOT of inexperienced MTs.
qc promises - kt16
[ In Reply To ..]
I would be careful putting my eggs in that basket. I was top transcriptionist at my company that nuance took over. I offered myself for QA; it would have been the perfect transition for anyone. They were going to call me right away. 16 months later, I'm still waiting. Honest. They would have been fortunate to get me. They really do lie. A lot. Get everything in writing.
QC - ?
[ In Reply To ..]
Why didn't you followup with them instead of waiting all this time?
I actually like... - Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
...doing QA on new MTs. I like seeing them improve & do well. QA should be paid by the hour as you have to give feedback.

I'm just amazed at the nastiness on here. If some of you are so unhappy, why are you still there & just keep complaining? Makes no sense.
I don't know if they are nasty... - but they do shred you
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been dinged for commas, semicolons, misspelling doctor name (which was spelled correctly), blanks filled in with wrong instrument names, it takes a fair amount of time to deal with this. AND there IS cherry picking going on, I don't know if it's QA or TL's but it has been documented time and again. Yep, cherry picking to the max. What, they think we don't notice?
Sounds like a ... - Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
...typical case of not liking constructive criticism, which I have just gone through with a girl I QA'd. Lots of omissions of critical words, but she said she didn't do it. Do they think we just make this stuff up? I've dealt with lots of disgruntled employees in my 24 years in this field. It's okay. I can handle that. Quality is #1 in my eyes, as there is no room for critical errors in transcription.
Actually, yes, I do think QA "makes things up" - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
QA/QC at Nuance seems to assume all of the MTs just got out of school.

I am dinged for insane things that are totally subjective with NASTY little comments.

I work QA for another company and they tell us outright to not change subjective things EVER, leave it the way the MT did it. Also, we are not allowed to leave nasty little notes to the MT.

Nuance is the exact opposite and it is because of the bonus structure. You will never convince me QA is not instructed to over-edit, over-correct and ensure as few people as possible qualify for bonus. I had 25 QA reports done a month ago that got me just below 99%, since then guess what NOT ONE SINGLE post audit.

editing - Just a thought
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps you ought to ensure that your reports are perfect before sending them so that QA doesn't have to make so many corrections.
Oh, sure - I will take the time to do that
[ In Reply To ..]
ahhhh... the name of the game now is "production." Do you personally read over your reports a second time before you send them in? Are you taking home a paycheck, or are you doing it because you just love it so much?
editing - just a though
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I do go over my reports. You are complaining because you get low scores, yet, you do not want to review your reports for corrections?
Nuance - me
[ In Reply To ..]
You are clearly told to go by account specifics and BOS-3, and if QA doesn't catch your mistakes, the person over QA dings the QA person for it.
Oh, you can appeal... - and guess what?
[ In Reply To ..]
Each and every one I have appealed to my TL has been reversed. It is just exhausting to have to do my own job and QA's job as well.
Appeal - So funny
[ In Reply To ..]
You hit the nail on the head. It takes up my time to appeal when I had it right in the first place. Shut that QA, QC (whatever) up!

LOL. You made my day. I only have time for this job. Not mine and HERS.

I really wish you folks would stop - commenting (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
commenting when you obviously do not know what you are talking about. That's the way you want to see it, but it's not truth. QC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BONUSES. QA does. She was asking about QC. Again, for the trillionth time, QC and QA are completely different! It's extremely sad that you see no problem stating something as fact when you don't know whether it is or not, and it's obvious that you don't care what is truth. #tiredofadultsactinglikechildren

don't waste time on QC errors! - worn out

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, PLEASE don't waste your time trying to reverse QC mistakes. The errors you want to focus on are only the Post Audit (QA) ones in FIESA. That's where the QA accuracy scores come from. As far as bonuses, QC is only used for pended percent (currently having to be less than 10%).

QA - me

[ In Reply To ..]
That is an outright lie and shame on you. QC doesn't do typing or VR so that part is a lie as well. As far as being as hard as possible, staff is told to be as lenient as possible unless there is a major error, medication, etc., and for that if an MT gets pissed over it then it's their problem for not being more careful. A lot of you forget there are people attached to names and it's important to be correct in these legal documents. If you are going to rant, rant without lying.

Not hiring from among their own ranks is a clue - upbeatbutpoor

[ In Reply To ..]
The very fact that you are being hired from OUTSIDE the organization when there are hardworking MTs that would have loved to have a promotion is a clue. These jobs are never even announced.

Ranks - seracohw

[ In Reply To ..]
Really? Companies of all types hire from outside all the time; this one is no different. I've been here over 5 years and started as an MT/MLS, then an MLS/Editor, and am one of the Qs now. How far I go is up to me and the work I do. I too make less than 6-7 years ago. A job is something you get up and do only to collect a paycheck. A career/profession is the exact opposite; you do it because you like/love it and fit your lifestyle around what you make. I'd rather be happy doing a job I love then dreading to go to work and then clock-watching the whole time I'm there waiting for quitting time.

IMHO

Well I'm happy as - QC

[ In Reply To ..]
Well certainly are NOT told to be aggressive with corrections.
Also, for all you MTs who supposedly work here, and I think a lot aren't just like to stir the pot, STOP confusing QC and QA. They are 2 different entities. QC deal with nonDSP MT's and edit reports before they are sent to the client. QA audits reports AFTER they are sent to the client to determine an MT's accuracy that determines the bonuses.
Also, if you are so unhappy here then PLEASE LEAVE.

What I know you are in for... - upbeatbutpoor

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a QC or a QA at Nuance. What I am is an MT that can tell you from my perspective only. I have challenged almost 99% of the "dings" I get by QC and QA people and probably average 99% reversals of those errors after I proved the case right according to client specs, BOS, or simple grammar rules. I challenge dang near everything because Nuance has abused their FIESA system to keep MTs from bonuses for far too long and gotten away with it. Nothing personal, you understand. But a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do to protect her livelihood.

Nuance QC - December

[ In Reply To ..]
Just my thoughts, but I am a QC at Nuance who was in fact hired from within and have NEVER been told to be harsh. In fact before I was promoted was given quite a speech from my supervisor stating she would not tolerate mean or harsh corrections/comments. I agree with the poster who said if you don't like it here, please leave.

Nuance QC - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad you're happy here, but go do your job. QC is a JOKE at Nuance and so are you.
QC - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, it amazes me that people get shredded for voicing something positive. You complain that you get shredded by QC, yet when a QC person has a positive comment and tries to explain that they are being positive with their feedback, they get shredded by you! Not all of us are bad. There are many, many very good QCs/QAs here who work very hard to ensure that their feedback is positive. If we have to accept your negativity on this board, then you must accept the positive also. Seriously, quit acting like children! Perhaps if you weren't so negative ALL THE TIME, you might see some positive things.

How would they know - unless reported by MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Please. QC supervisor wouldn't know how kind or harsh you are until they heard about it. You think they read every feedback you send to the MT? Until a correction/comment is challenged by an MT, they will never hear of your your diatribe or commendation.
Blah - blah, blah
[ In Reply To ..]
blah, blah, blah

ME, you may want to be fair, but you'd be joining an - organization that is anything but. I used to

[ In Reply To ..]
transcribe around 250 lines per hours (courtesy of expander) on accounts I was familiar with. I am hard put to top 200 now. It's NOT the platform, which is very good. It's not anything official. It's something occult and unexplained.

I've always been an excellent, fast editor, using all shortcuts I can pick up and a truly massive expander. Yet even as I get only faster myself as I continue to try to develop speed, my editing LPH goes down.

I used to always get incentive pay and compliments on my excellent work, always topping 98.5%, with a company taken over by Nuance. I now get paid half what I was then for the same excellence, but the requirements for accuracy have increased dramatically to consistently over 99.5%, a tremendous difference that somehow makes it impossible to get incentive more than 2 or 3 pay periods in a row. At the same time we are dinged for missing an inhaled "the" or "then," we are told we should be able to double the dictation speed to offset the rate decreases. When accuracy drops below 99.5%, we have to produce over 99.5% accuracy for the next 3 months before we get paid incentive for the next one pay period. A system that results in Nuance paying many MTs incentive for 1 only pay period instead of the 10 or so actually earned. That's easily $1000 a month lost--at the low end of the possible earnings, or trimmed depending on your viewpoint.

The entire system is geared to nipping away at our paychecks every way possible, some announced, many not, and you can tell yourself that whatever is going on will not be crossing your desk, but it will be because you WILL be part of it.

Now that's some truth for ya - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Nuance is bad for MTs, QCs, and QAs - upbeatbutpoor

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm verbatim repeating this post by someone else because it is such a good representation of exactly what is happening.

"I've always been an excellent, fast editor, using all shortcuts I can pick up and a truly massive expander. Yet even as I get only faster myself as I continue to try to develop speed, my editing LPH goes down.

I used to always get incentive pay and compliments on my excellent work, always topping 98.5%, with a company taken over by Nuance. I now get paid half what I was then for the same excellence, but the requirements for accuracy have increased dramatically to consistently over 99.5%, a tremendous difference that somehow makes it impossible to get incentive more than 2 or 3 pay periods in a row. At the same time we are dinged for missing an inhaled "the" or "then," we are told we should be able to double the dictation speed to offset the rate decreases. When accuracy drops below 99.5%, we have to produce over 99.5% accuracy for the next 3 months before we get paid incentive for the next one pay period. A system that results in Nuance paying many MTs incentive for 1 only pay period instead of the 10 or so actually earned. That's easily $1000 a month lost--at the low end of the possible earnings, or trimmed depending on your viewpoint.

The entire system is geared to nipping away at our paychecks every way possible, some announced, many not, and you can tell yourself that whatever is going on will not be crossing your desk, but it will be because you WILL be part of it."

I can only hope the employees in other parts of the organization are treated a whole lot more equitably than anyone in the transcription side of their large house. Stockholders, alas, are likely the only ones really making the money.

Similar Messages:

QC Editor Position At Nuance Hourly Rate
Aug 15, 2014

The Nuance QCs are paid hourly, anybody have an idea what the range is? ...

Master Editor Position Pay Range?
Jan 18, 2011

Anybody know? Is this a new job title for QA or is this position different?  If so, how is it different?  ...

Anyone Know Nuance Editor Pay Rate? Work Steady?
Jan 31, 2011

x ...

Is Nuance A Good Place To Work As A QC Editor?
Feb 18, 2013

Is Nuance a good place to work as a QC editor? Has anyone been a QC editor for them before or is one currently? How is the pay? I saw it says hourly. ...

MT Position With Nuance?
Jun 13, 2014

I have been offered a medical transcription position at Nuance. Expected pay is 8cpl, 65-character lines, 1,000 lines per day (Qualified Text 1cpl - really not sure what this means and how it relates to pay). FIESA is not mentioned, although I have seen it mentioned in this forum and it makes me a bit nervous. Any opinions on this company, whether I should take this position or not, and whether this is fair pay (I was paid hourly + a production bonus at my prior job, so I can't quite relate ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Editor Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew of any entry level editor jobs. I do have about 6 months of experience, but I am not sure where to look for a editor job online. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Thanks Julie ...

Wondering About Editor Pay
Aug 06, 2010

Just wondering if anyone here does any transcription editing and if they do, how much they make.  sadly this was the only job i could find. ...

Are You A VR Editor...or VR Proofreader?
May 05, 2011

I'm not talking about the official proofreader positions that people hire in as.  I'm talking about VR "editing" - meaning, when you get those reports where VR does what it's supposed to, and you only need to add 1 comma, for instance, in the entire report - and you are zipping along at the 300-400 lph you were promised, as justification for the 50% pay cut on switch to VR...isn't that actually proofreading?? ...but what about those OTHER reports...the ones that re ...

First Job As Editor...I Am In Shock!
Apr 10, 2012

The reports I am reviewing are unbelievable!  It would be easier to have transcribed them myself.  Obviously, these reports were not transcribed by American MTs.  It has been a jaw-dropping experience so far!   ...

Letter To The Editor
May 23, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line defense against errors that can negatively and sometimes fatally affect you as a patient - physicians make mistakes. MTs ensure those errors do not end up in your Electronic Medical Record.  Healthcare consumers are you aware that local hospitals are outsourcing their work to what are kno ...

I See Proscript Has An Add For VR Editor S/m
Jun 05, 2012

I have been running out of work for about the last month now. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Editor - What To Expect For Pay?
Aug 29, 2012

I am going for an interview for an editing position with a transcription company who outsources overseas. Can anyone tell me what to expect for pay? - Thanks, SL ...

VR Editor On-line Course
Sep 03, 2012

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 38 years, with so many companies going to VR, I am leaning towards taking an editor course.  Can you recommend an on-line course? Thank-you ...

QA Hourly And QC Editor
Jun 21, 2013

Does anyone know how much the hourly QA get paid and how much the QC editors make?? Also, if you know anything else about these positions, please share!!! ...

Wonder How Much A VR Editor Is Underpaid?
Jul 05, 2013

check this out.  This is what proofreaders make:http://www.theproofreaders.com/pricing.htm An FYI - 65-character line has an estimated 5 words. ...

Does Anyone Know If Entrada Editor Is Currently Down?
Aug 28, 2014

Thanks in advance for any info! :) ...

Fluency Editor Down
Sep 13, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Fluency Editor? Mine is saying there is an issue with Client Diagnostics. Thanks! ...

Ortho VR Editor
Apr 02, 2015

I decided to check out the new advertisement on the job seekers board for ortho vr editors. something fishy there. the company name (supposedly) is iMEDat. i went to their website and looked for contact info, as I wanted to know where they were located. There is no contact info. If you need to contact them, you need to fill out an email form and send it to them. There was, however, a toll free phone number, so I looked that up. It relates back to a place called Professional Transcription ...

Master Medical Editor
May 07, 2010

Is it a good move to go into QA or should I stay where I am MT3? ...

Alltype Has Offered Me An IC QA Editor Job But...
Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance.  Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions.  This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession. Thanks ...

To Skilled Editor And VR Trainer
Sep 18, 2010

At first I was speeding up the dictation but found that it was impossible to correct while listening to the voice. My trainer encourages us to correct and listen at the same time. However, when speeding up the voice, that become impossible and I have to stop the dictation to make the corrections. So,  just out of curiosity, what do you do??...do you speed it up and stop every time you make a correction or do you correct while keeping the dictation going? ...and What is more helpful in bring ...

QA/EDITOR INFO WANTED.
Nov 04, 2010

Hi all.  Can anyone tell me what the scenario is nowdays with MQ QA/editors?  Do they still have just QA or is it QA combined with transcription?  Do they pay per hour and can anyone tell me approximately how much? Thanks in advance. ...

Transitioning To Medical Editor - Fee??
Jan 09, 2011

I have had three large accounts for over 20 years.  One has gone completely automated with voice recognition (except for two providers who will never be able to use voice recognition - yay!), one is in the process of going EMR, and one hasn't even addressed it yet.  The first one has hired me to access their system directly (Centricity/Logician) and proofead every voice recognition-created record their providers create and make corrections as needed.  They hav ...

Enterprise Express Editor
Jan 05, 2012

I have a continuous problem with ExText and I cannot find a solution anywhere. I'm using it with Word 2003 professional version. All my Word settings match up the instructions I received from both the company I work for and Nuance.  Whenever I correctly log off, I get a pop-up window that tells me Word has closed and it's searching for a solution, which it never finds. I've run all different scans for malware, viruses, etc.  Anyone know why this keeps happening and how to ...