A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

First job as editor...I am in shock! - Shocked

Posted: Apr 10, 2012

The reports I am reviewing are unbelievable!  It would be easier to have transcribed them myself.  Obviously, these reports were not transcribed by American MTs.  It has been a jaw-dropping experience so far!  

Editing sucks. - antigeekess

[ In Reply To ..]
It's always stunning. When I used to edit other people's crap it was the same thing. Easier to just retype the whole mess yourself. But hey, since it's only "editing," and therefore "less" work, they get to pay less for it, right?

I also wouldn't automatically assume it wasn't American MTs, though. I really wonder how good most are, based on what I've seen.

It's what MTSOs deserve: Low wages = low quality! - nm - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]

yepper! - mythought

[ In Reply To ..]
They want to pay US MTs low wages and send work out.....this is what they get. When I need to check a sample report, OMG. I spot so many errors. They get what they deserve. Pay us decent wages. There would be better quality, especially when MTs aren't hurrying to make a buck.

Unfortunately, the bad quality was going on LONG before the rates got cut, as I have seen it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So how do you explain that? I believe THAT is why our rates have gone down and our quality standards have gone up. So continue to give out crap and our pay will continue to go down. That is my take. You get paid for the crap you put out. Give better quality and maybe we will get better wages. Just sayin!
More unfortunate is your ridiculous generalization. - What you are 'just sayin'
[ In Reply To ..]
is just baloney. So, the reason for wage slashing is the bad quality of work produced by MTs---those same workers now entrusted to untangle atrocious VR garbage -- for half the price! Why, MTSO greed has absolutely nothing to do with it! Seriously?! Your ''take'' is straight from the Twilight Zone, and your nonsensical remarks speak volumes about your mental capacity (or lack thereof). Yours should win an award for one of the silliest posts of all time. Just sayin!
the TRUTH hurts doesn't it....you must be one of those MTs who just plain SUCK! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Only the GREAT MTs survive and make good money at this. That is the category I fall in, so obviously a lot smarter than you think!

why obviously? - emo

[ In Reply To ..]
I've seen some really scary stuff from American MTs.

I've seen some really scary stuff made into - samples.

[ In Reply To ..]

I thought - you were going

[ In Reply To ..]
to comment on the bad pay, not the quality of the reports. Have you had a pay check yet? Did you get a pay cut with those fries?

editing - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I do QA and you wait until you see what the American MTs put out, no grammar, can't tell the difference in words, counsel/council, your/you're. I think the schools just don't teach grammar anymore.

Similar Messages:

Near Shock Syndrome?
Mar 14, 2010

"Patient presented in early infancy with (s/l near shock) syndrome." I can't find anything in my references that this would be.  Any ideas? ...

TTD Latest...what A Shock...well, Not Really.
Jun 01, 2012

Seems MTKing who posts here about how she just LOVES LOVES LOVES TTD sucked up enough to get promoted to Lead QA. NOT a surprise. Folks, take heed, some 50 people have gotten cut from TTD in THIS YEAR alone and it's only just now June. Many are owed money.  The owner sends intimidating emails.  The company offers NO training.  They also do not provide any feedback.  Read posts further down and in the archives. Nothing good can come from working for The Transcription Doc ...

Shock Liver
Jan 03, 2013

Hi.  Has anyone heard of shock liver.  Thanks.  Carol. ...

S/l Typopalo Shock Radiation For
May 26, 2011

nm ...

Septicemia Due To Pseudomonas With Septic Shock
Nov 16, 2013

I get 038.43 and 785.52, but why do I have to code the 041.7 for the Pseudomonas infection when I just coded it as a combo code for the septicemia? ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Editor Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew of any entry level editor jobs. I do have about 6 months of experience, but I am not sure where to look for a editor job online. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Thanks Julie ...

Wondering About Editor Pay
Aug 06, 2010

Just wondering if anyone here does any transcription editing and if they do, how much they make.  sadly this was the only job i could find. ...

Are You A VR Editor...or VR Proofreader?
May 05, 2011

I'm not talking about the official proofreader positions that people hire in as.  I'm talking about VR "editing" - meaning, when you get those reports where VR does what it's supposed to, and you only need to add 1 comma, for instance, in the entire report - and you are zipping along at the 300-400 lph you were promised, as justification for the 50% pay cut on switch to VR...isn't that actually proofreading?? ...but what about those OTHER reports...the ones that re ...

Letter To The Editor
May 23, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line defense against errors that can negatively and sometimes fatally affect you as a patient - physicians make mistakes. MTs ensure those errors do not end up in your Electronic Medical Record.  Healthcare consumers are you aware that local hospitals are outsourcing their work to what are kno ...

I See Proscript Has An Add For VR Editor S/m
Jun 05, 2012

I have been running out of work for about the last month now. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Editor - What To Expect For Pay?
Aug 29, 2012

I am going for an interview for an editing position with a transcription company who outsources overseas. Can anyone tell me what to expect for pay? - Thanks, SL ...

VR Editor On-line Course
Sep 03, 2012

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 38 years, with so many companies going to VR, I am leaning towards taking an editor course.  Can you recommend an on-line course? Thank-you ...

QA Hourly And QC Editor
Jun 21, 2013

Does anyone know how much the hourly QA get paid and how much the QC editors make?? Also, if you know anything else about these positions, please share!!! ...

Wonder How Much A VR Editor Is Underpaid?
Jul 05, 2013

check this out.  This is what proofreaders make:http://www.theproofreaders.com/pricing.htm An FYI - 65-character line has an estimated 5 words. ...

Does Anyone Know If Entrada Editor Is Currently Down?
Aug 28, 2014

Thanks in advance for any info! :) ...

Fluency Editor Down
Sep 13, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Fluency Editor? Mine is saying there is an issue with Client Diagnostics. Thanks! ...

Ortho VR Editor
Apr 02, 2015

I decided to check out the new advertisement on the job seekers board for ortho vr editors. something fishy there. the company name (supposedly) is iMEDat. i went to their website and looked for contact info, as I wanted to know where they were located. There is no contact info. If you need to contact them, you need to fill out an email form and send it to them. There was, however, a toll free phone number, so I looked that up. It relates back to a place called Professional Transcription ...

Master Medical Editor
May 07, 2010

Is it a good move to go into QA or should I stay where I am MT3? ...

Alltype Has Offered Me An IC QA Editor Job But...
Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance.  Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions.  This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession. Thanks ...

To Skilled Editor And VR Trainer
Sep 18, 2010

At first I was speeding up the dictation but found that it was impossible to correct while listening to the voice. My trainer encourages us to correct and listen at the same time. However, when speeding up the voice, that become impossible and I have to stop the dictation to make the corrections. So,  just out of curiosity, what do you do??...do you speed it up and stop every time you make a correction or do you correct while keeping the dictation going? ...and What is more helpful in bring ...

QA/EDITOR INFO WANTED.
Nov 04, 2010

Hi all.  Can anyone tell me what the scenario is nowdays with MQ QA/editors?  Do they still have just QA or is it QA combined with transcription?  Do they pay per hour and can anyone tell me approximately how much? Thanks in advance. ...

Transitioning To Medical Editor - Fee??
Jan 09, 2011

I have had three large accounts for over 20 years.  One has gone completely automated with voice recognition (except for two providers who will never be able to use voice recognition - yay!), one is in the process of going EMR, and one hasn't even addressed it yet.  The first one has hired me to access their system directly (Centricity/Logician) and proofead every voice recognition-created record their providers create and make corrections as needed.  They hav ...

Enterprise Express Editor
Jan 05, 2012

I have a continuous problem with ExText and I cannot find a solution anywhere. I'm using it with Word 2003 professional version. All my Word settings match up the instructions I received from both the company I work for and Nuance.  Whenever I correctly log off, I get a pop-up window that tells me Word has closed and it's searching for a solution, which it never finds. I've run all different scans for malware, viruses, etc.  Anyone know why this keeps happening and how to ...

Chartnet/M*Modal Editor
Jan 10, 2012

I am currently working for a company that uses Chartnet/M*Modal Editor and have had so many problems with my foot pedal working and a lot of other problems also.  Has anyone else had any problems with this platform?  At first I thought it was my computer but the longer I work on this I am beginning to think maybe it's a problem with the platform itself.  I would love to hear from MTs who have used this platform and how they liked or disliked it.  I am about to jump ...