A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Editor - what to expect for pay? - sl

Posted: Aug 29, 2012

I am going for an interview for an editing position with a transcription company who outsources overseas. Can anyone tell me what to expect for pay? - Thanks, SL

LIke everything in MT, pay will be not much. Why take time to - interview for job you dont know pay?? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ummm...because if not posted in ad, you ask at interview (nm) - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

probably 3 or 4 cpl - have fun with that

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Be sure and scrub the toilets on your way out - NM - bailey

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

What To Expect...
Nov 05, 2012

Hi, I applied for a job at MModal.  I am only looking for part-time work to help supplement some of my income. I also work for another company subcontracting. Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as how they contact you, how long, etc.? Thanks in advance. ...

Do You SERIOUSLY Expect 99.6 When You Keep
Jan 27, 2014

It is not realistic and not likely to happen. MModal, you need to get real. ...

I Think We Can Expect To See A Lot More
Jun 23, 2015

very long reports coming in about 10 minutes before we are about to finish for the day, which will force us to either do, causing us to stay over, or opt out of, which will leave time which we then will have to make up at their approval.  There's always torture involved with just doing our job.  It's like industrial terrorism.   ...

MTSO's - Is This The Best I Can Expect?
Apr 05, 2011

After 20 years of hospital-based HIM transcription, they gave us away to Medquist.  I feel set up for failure by not getting consistent hospital accounts and never having a chance to learn a specific account.  Communication with management is - absent - unless they want something from you.  I also find the pay and line count methodology to be deplorable, to say the least.  I have VR experience, but find that Medquist just turns on literally EVERYTHING to VR, and most of it re ...

These Companies Just Expect TOO MUCH!
Aug 22, 2013

These MTSOs just expect way too much out of someone just APPLYING for a job these days that it has caused me to not even apply anymore.  I need work, but I suppose I don't need it enough to be willing to jump through all of the hoops that they require.  The MT testing site has been aggravating enough, to take so much time on a test, not even knowing if you will get a call back, even if you DO pass.  Lately, like the past 3 jobs I have looked into, their testing process was IN ...

Phone Interview, What To Expect?
Oct 13, 2009

I have a phone interview with Medquist. Could anyone tell me what to expect? Thanks in advance! ...

Softscript--don't Expect A Raise....EVER!!!
May 03, 2011

Over the 6 years I've been with them, have only gotten a half-penny/line raise once!  That was after the first year...never again since and my accuracy has been above the required 98%, usually 100%....GREEDY COMPANY! ...

In-house Job Prospect, What To Expect?
Sep 01, 2011

I just set up an interview for an in-house job.  Problem is, I've only worked from home, so I'm really not sure what to expect.  It is for a rural hospital district.  My experience is with medium to large multispecialty clinic accounts.  The HM manager said it was transcription, including radiology, as well as acting as assistant to her, which makes me think it might be more clerk work than transcription. I'm wondering if there are any questions I should ask m ...

Thinking Of Leaving? Here Is What You Can Expect.
Jun 05, 2012

1. Expect to feel proud of your career choice again. 2. Expect your family and friends to be proud of you for no longer being exploited the way you are. 3. Expect to enjoy going to work every day. 4. Expect to be able to pay your bills on time and even have a little left over to do whatever you want with. 5. Expect to feel a sense of security in knowing that you will be able to take care of yourself. 6. Expect to make some new friends and even have someone to share your mealtime with. 7. E ...

I'm A High Producer Switching To QA. How Many LPH Should I Expect
Sep 08, 2010

nm ...

How Can One Company Expect An IC To Be Full-time?
Sep 25, 2010

How can one company expect an IC to be full-time?  Isn't this a contradiction?  I mean, how can you be an IC and work for only one company?  Or, does this mean that you should have more than one job and work more than full-time? ...

How Long Should I Expect The Holiday Slump To Last?
Dec 25, 2010

I am trying to learn a new clinic account and find little to no work.  I can't even come close to getting my minimum line requirement of 1,200 daily.  How long does the holiday slump generally last? ...

How Long Should An MT With 10+ Years Experience Expect To Be On
Apr 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder with companies who pay an MT less while they are on full QA, if they don't simply keep that MT on QA for as long as possible to avoid paying the higher rate.  Has anyone ever pressed the QA issue? ...

Is It Reasonable To Expect A Raise After 4 Years?
Sep 13, 2011

I have worked for the same service for over 4 years.  I am an IC MT.  I feel I deserve an increase.  I asked for one at the end of my first year and was told the economy was bad....blah, blah.  Ok, I understood that but now I feel I have earned an increase.  Yes, I realize that many feel an IC should just inform the service of their increase.  I know that would not fly with this service.  They could care less if you work for them or not.  Theyhave a "we wi ...

Accentus Phone Interview-what To Expect?
Jul 16, 2012

Was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what they ask, etc.  Would like to be as prepared as possible. ...

Am I Naive To Expect A Reply To My Question Posted
Mar 20, 2012

Yes.  Never mind, just answered my own question. ...

System Down, They Expect You To Work Extra To Make Up For It
Jan 11, 2013

I like how CCM says that we need to work extra to make up for the downtime. Uh..I do have a life outside of Mmodal. Not my fault the system is down day after day. ...

How Long After Testing Can I Expect Objective/practicum Results?
Nov 18, 2009

Has anyone tested recently and heard back? Thanks! ...

Love The Kid Screaming In The Background - They Expect Me To Hear The Dictation?
Jul 29, 2011

x ...

Will Be Starting With M*Modal On A Radiology Account. Just Wondering What To Expect.
Mar 02, 2012

I am being paid per report and was wondering if it is better than per line. ...

Another Day Of Horrible Output! And They Expect Anything Resembling A Good Count??
Oct 03, 2013

Add to that, I am getting accounts from all over the place. Exhausting and demoralizing. ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Editor Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew of any entry level editor jobs. I do have about 6 months of experience, but I am not sure where to look for a editor job online. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Thanks Julie ...

Wondering About Editor Pay
Aug 06, 2010

Just wondering if anyone here does any transcription editing and if they do, how much they make.  sadly this was the only job i could find. ...

Are You A VR Editor...or VR Proofreader?
May 05, 2011

I'm not talking about the official proofreader positions that people hire in as.  I'm talking about VR "editing" - meaning, when you get those reports where VR does what it's supposed to, and you only need to add 1 comma, for instance, in the entire report - and you are zipping along at the 300-400 lph you were promised, as justification for the 50% pay cut on switch to VR...isn't that actually proofreading?? ...but what about those OTHER reports...the ones that re ...