A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA hourly and QC editor - sm

Posted: Jun 21, 2013

Does anyone know how much the hourly QA get paid and how much the QC editors make?? Also, if you know anything else about these positions, please share!!!

Approximately $12 hour - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

QA - Me2

[ In Reply To ..]
I make $22/hr full time QA.

Seriously? Seriously? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That infuriates me. Nuance QA is horrific and abusive and getting paid $22/hour??????

Seriously? You'd rather people qualified for QA were paid - $12/hour? Put the spleen away, think about it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
My spleen is fine. Nuance QA is not worth $22/hour. PERIOD. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Think about this - we get paid $6 to $8 an hour and they get paid $22 an hour to make sure we don't get bonus.

Not all QA is horrific. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Some are, but some aren't.

To the person making 22: Are you QA (post audit) or QC (pre-audit). Just curious and wanted to make the distinction. Thanks.

yeah right - me

[ In Reply To ..]
The rates are from 10 to 16.50 an hour, there is no reason why they would pay a QC more than a manager, unless you are awfully awfully awfully close to the powers that be...and it will be interesting when they see this board and look and see who makes this much

Similar Messages:

Is An Hourly Rate For QA/editor Unusual?
Jul 11, 2011

Also, how much experience do Account Manager/Shift Manager types have?  Years ago I worked for a couple of MTSOs and my "supervisors" had less experience than me (and would have to ask me to figure out blanks in reports) so I'm guessing its often just a matter of how long you've been there and who you know and sometimes how much you're willing to put up with (one supervisor bragged that she worked about 20 hours a day). ...

QC Editor Position At Nuance Hourly Rate
Aug 15, 2014

The Nuance QCs are paid hourly, anybody have an idea what the range is? ...

Hourly PTO Pay
Jul 17, 2012

I just started with MModal a few months ago and I'm searching for the job offer that states the amount of $$$ we receive per hour in PTO.   Meanwhile, I thought I would come here and ask.  Is it $10 or $12 per hour?   I'm thinking it's one of those.  I could be getting these numbers mixed up with training pay though.  ...

Hourly Pay
Nov 24, 2014

What is a good hourly rate for a home-based transcriptionist?   Having a hard time trying to decide what to ask for! ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Can An IC Demand Hourly Pay Or Does It Have To Be Cpl?
Nov 06, 2009

Can an IC demand hourly pay or does it have to be cpl? ...

What's An Hourly Rate?
Dec 26, 2009

I am thinking of getting into medical transcription but all I read on here is negative posts about how little work is available and how you are all getting paid less than you were last year.  Now, please don't flame me, I know this is a cheeky question, but to be quite honest ".08 cpl" doesn't mean much to me.  Would anyone mind telling me what they actually earn per hour (when the work is there) and how many hours per day they generally work.  It will just give me an id ...

Hourly QA Rates?
Dec 30, 2010

I am wondering if anyone would share the going hourly rate (being paid by the hour, not by the line) for QA?  How many lines an hour are required to get the rate? TIA ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

Provider Going To EMR -- Hourly Vs CPL?
Jun 08, 2011

One of my providers is going to switch over to EMR.  I've looked into the program and it's got a similar document section to MS Word.  However, with them going to EMR, I'm assuming I'll lose quite a bit of my bulk work (macros, etc) that I currently have with "straight typing." So my question is this ... is it worth it to transcribe EMR for a CPL rate or is it better to renegotiate my "contract" and go hourly?  I'm an IC/MTSO so get no benefits. Would ap ...

ANYBODY GET THAT BIG HOURLY RAISE
Oct 27, 2011

Hey yall get that big hourly raise... ...

Hourly QA Position?
Jan 23, 2012

I did a search but didn't find any current chatter about hourly QA positions.  Part-time, evenings and weekends.  Do they exist and any recommendations where and where not to look? ...

Hourly Positions?
Feb 25, 2012

Do any MT companies ever pay hourly instead of by the line? I am having a hard time with not knowing what my paycheck will be and would rather find an hourly pay (realizing it will be low) so at least I know what I can expect. Thanks. ...

What Is Our Hourly Pay At Nuance?
Oct 17, 2012

What minimum LPH do we have to make to keep out of trouble with our team leaders?  What is our minimum wage amount at Nuance?   I got hired and no one even told me what our pay is (other than .04/.08 line).   I have only been at Nuance for 3 weeks; I suppose this information is in the documents they attached to our emails when we trained, but I am too busy to look at it.  Thanks in advance for the answers to the above two questions :) ...

Does Anyone Know What The QC Hourly Pay Range Is
Dec 04, 2012

TIA! ...

Hourly Rate For MT
Dec 23, 2012

Are there any companies that pay hourly for MTs and/or QA? ...

If VR Were Done At An Hourly Wage,
Dec 30, 2012

would it be a more tolerable thing?  My current job is currently straight transcription but don't know how long that will last.  I know of a job opening with VR at an hourly rate, but have always hated VR in the past.  The contemplated position uses the Mmodal/Docuscribe and looks simpler than the systems I used in the past.  Do you think I should I hang on to what I have, even with a recent reduction in pay, or go for the hourly VR that also has better benefits? ...

Companies That Pay QA Hourly
Aug 12, 2014

Are there any companies that pay QA hourly besides Nuance?  Does anyone know of any companies hiring QA right now?  TIA. ...

Hourly Rate?
May 28, 2015

How often is the hourly rate supposed to be re-calculated.  My production has been up but that hourly rate has not changed for some time.   ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Editor Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew of any entry level editor jobs. I do have about 6 months of experience, but I am not sure where to look for a editor job online. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Thanks Julie ...

Wondering About Editor Pay
Aug 06, 2010

Just wondering if anyone here does any transcription editing and if they do, how much they make.  sadly this was the only job i could find. ...

Are You A VR Editor...or VR Proofreader?
May 05, 2011

I'm not talking about the official proofreader positions that people hire in as.  I'm talking about VR "editing" - meaning, when you get those reports where VR does what it's supposed to, and you only need to add 1 comma, for instance, in the entire report - and you are zipping along at the 300-400 lph you were promised, as justification for the 50% pay cut on switch to VR...isn't that actually proofreading?? ...but what about those OTHER reports...the ones that re ...

First Job As Editor...I Am In Shock!
Apr 10, 2012

The reports I am reviewing are unbelievable!  It would be easier to have transcribed them myself.  Obviously, these reports were not transcribed by American MTs.  It has been a jaw-dropping experience so far!   ...

Letter To The Editor
May 23, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line defense against errors that can negatively and sometimes fatally affect you as a patient - physicians make mistakes. MTs ensure those errors do not end up in your Electronic Medical Record.  Healthcare consumers are you aware that local hospitals are outsourcing their work to what are kno ...

I See Proscript Has An Add For VR Editor S/m
Jun 05, 2012

I have been running out of work for about the last month now. Has anyone else had this problem? ...