A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know Nuance editor pay rate? Work steady? - Management okay? TIA nm

Posted: Jan 31, 2011

x

Nuance - shebee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Nuance for 3 years. They have just added many new benefits. I have absolutely no qualms about recommending them. Works can be low at times but then again lots of volume. My team leader is great-can't say much about management because I don't know them.

Hey, thanks for replying. I am not interested in benefits - but can you give ruff idea on pay? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Nuance - NuanceQC

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a current QC with Nuance and I make 5 cpl before 10 pm EST and 6 cpl after. Since October, my paychecks have been cut in half because of no work, having to do super difficult dictations (I'm not sure why reports are so much worse lately but they are) and switching between platforms to try to get work and then doing VR work when I can get it. They say things are going to pick up soon, but I'm certainly not happy and am looking for another position. My team lead is downright nasty sometimes, but I've learned it's just her personality and I don't take it personally, but there are many team leads and you may not get the right one. It's good you aren't interested in benefits, they are terrible and very expensive. As far as the work situation goes, again, that's just on my account and it may be different for you. There are many different accounts. If you do decide to go with them, do be prepared to be STRICT about sticking to client specifications and BOS. I'm a QC and have my work looked at all the time and I have learned what they want finally (after over a year) and don't get quite as bad of a review. The incentive pay is nice when you can get it (if there's enough work and you have at least 99% accuracy and no critical errors). Good luck to you!
Thanks. Who checkes your work if YOU are the QC? - Please dont say Rajeeb in India. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Sorry for the delayed reply! - Tired
[ In Reply To ..]
They do things a little differently. QC is the "first" level of editing, QA then checks my work randomly to make sure of my accuracy. I have had some offshore QA people check my work and they were my worst scores, interestingly enough. I won't even begin to think about that too much, it makes my head hurt. Hopefully I won't be here much longer to ponder that further.
The very, and I mean very, nasty QA People do - TexasTyper
[ In Reply To ..]
I am also a QC at Focus and I don't like it here to well, they want you to scrutinize every report and if you do that you'll make about $12 an hour and if you don't the errors the MTs make will be held against you : ( This company has changed quite a bit lately and they are starting to feel like another MQ
supervisor - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
Team leads first initial isn't H, is it? Had problems with her when I was there.
Nope, I don't know of one with that first initial... - Tired
[ In Reply To ..]
So she may not even be there anymore, but there are a lot of accounts.
Well..that was on the dictaphone team sm - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
She is still there, from talking with a lady I used to work with there. But from what I recall, with the ban on communicating with coworkers, no one really seems to know anything about the other teams.

response - tammy

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, when I started at Focus now Nuance, 2 years ago, it was rosy, NOW the work has dwindled and all of us QC's are now MT's and our rate has dropped yet again.

Similar Messages:

QC Editor Position At Nuance Hourly Rate
Aug 15, 2014

The Nuance QCs are paid hourly, anybody have an idea what the range is? ...

Is An Hourly Rate For QA/editor Unusual?
Jul 11, 2011

Also, how much experience do Account Manager/Shift Manager types have?  Years ago I worked for a couple of MTSOs and my "supervisors" had less experience than me (and would have to ask me to figure out blanks in reports) so I'm guessing its often just a matter of how long you've been there and who you know and sometimes how much you're willing to put up with (one supervisor bragged that she worked about 20 hours a day). ...

Nuance QC Editor Position
May 13, 2013

Ok - so anyone who is a QC Editor for Nuance - can you please tell me what I'm in for? I'm about to accept a position and with all this fighting & negativity on here, it's not very encouraging. Anyone with GOOD news?? ...

Is Nuance A Good Place To Work As A QC Editor?
Feb 18, 2013

Is Nuance a good place to work as a QC editor? Has anyone been a QC editor for them before or is one currently? How is the pay? I saw it says hourly. ...

Keystrokes - Do You Get Steady Work?
Jan 19, 2010

I've recently been hired by Keystrokes and wonder if any current employees could give me some info on what their day is like working there.  I'm a bit nervous starting a new job after 19 years at my old one.  Do you get steady work?  Is it hard to make required lines?  How easy is it to adjust schedule if needed?  Are you QA'd to death like at some other places?  How often are you audited?  How's the communication between staff?  Thanks a bunch.    ...

OT Rate Nuance
Sep 12, 2012

On looking at my pay stub, it looks like the OT rate is not time and a half, is this correct or am I reading this wrong?  Thanks. ...

What Is The Nuance VR Rate?
Dec 11, 2012

x ...

Nuance - Rate Of Pay
Nov 10, 2014

Hello - I am a long time salary employee for an orthopedic group that is laying off all inhouse transcriptionists and outsourcing to Nuance.  Does anybody know the production line rate of pay offered by Nuance?  ...

Any Current Information For Chronicle Transcripts? Steady Work, Pay,
Jul 25, 2012

TIA ...

Wmx/Nuance Upcoming Rate Changes
Nov 05, 2011

Shall we make our guesses?  Wonder if the new pay scale will be an across the board percentage reduction in rates or will everyone be moved to the bottom rate of 8 and 4?  What about the people recently hired who make 8 and 4?  Will they go even lower? My personal opinion (pure speculation on my part) is they might just reduce all shift differentials and perhaps jack with the incentive plan some more.  I know they were going to roll out this new pay scale soon, but the anti ...

Does Nuance Pay Hourly Rate?
Feb 10, 2012

I've seen several posts mentioning this.  I'd probably make more money hourly than this 4 cpl editing I have to do.  ...

Nuance Line Rate
May 28, 2013

I'm new to this board but have been working as an MT for many years in a rather unusual pay structure. I started out years ago with Medquist at something like 8 or 9 cents a line I think. I'd love to know what the going line rate is now as far as working for Nuance? TIA ...

Nuance Line Rate?
Jun 19, 2014

With 14 years' experience, what would the average line rate be for Nuance? Are QA paid line rate or hourly? ...

Can Someone Tell Me Current Line Rate For Nuance??
Nov 22, 2012

Just wondering what the current cpl for editing and transcribing is for Nuance.  I know what I make with Transcend and would like to keep it that way.  Hubby is out of work and I cannot afford a pay cut of any kind.  Peanut butter and jelly - it's what's for dinner!!!! :( ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

Hourly Rate For Editors At Nuance
Mar 05, 2013

Anyone know what the hourly rate is for editors at Nuance?  I don't want to waste time applying if not good.  Do you run out of work there?  ...

What's The Starting Hourly Rate For QA At Nuance?
Apr 16, 2014

x ...

WMX/Nuance Insurance DOUBLE Rate For Zip Code!!
Nov 14, 2011

OMGGGG!!!  Already in shock at the high insurance rates, wondering how anyone could afford them with the high deductibles and co-pays, and got an e-mail that my zip code is out of their area and so my rates would be DOUBLE!!! For the same stinking high deductible and high co-pay plan???  My entire pay would not cover the insurance!!  Anyone else get such an e-mail, and what the heck are you going to do??  I am not in a "rural" area and am within 30 minutes of major medical ce ...

What Is Nuance's Standard Cpl Rate For Straight Typing?
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

H&H Is Holding Steady At "10-8 And 33-1" ??
Oct 29, 2009

Is that how I would write the values out?  ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

MT To Editor
Feb 16, 2010

After over 21 years being an MT, I am burnt out and want to try something different.  Is there, in fact, anyone that will hire an MT without editing experience and train them ???? ...

EXT/editor?
Mar 28, 2010

Just wondering if this is a good VR platform?  Thinking of applying to a company that uses this.  Any information would be appreciated.  I hate the thought of going to VR but that is all the jobs that are out there and I need a job.  My previous employer just lost the account that I was working on. ...

ASR Editor
Sep 11, 2010

I know this is not the place to look for positive answers, but I am going to try anyway.  Worked for MQ years ago, but hated the punching in thing.  I have tested with them recently, as I want to get into the field of voice recognition editing.  Can anybody tell me about the part-time requirements, benefits, and the average line rate for editing?  How much of your time is editing and how much is doing actual typing?  What are the line requirements, and what happens if yo ...

QC Editor
May 06, 2011

Is anybody really making anything doing editing of work that somes from India.  I was offered 5 cents to do it and was wondering if that was good.  I have heard that the fixing of them reports are sometimes worse than the VR.  I strongly feel it should be kept here personally.  Any input would help in my decision.  ...

Editor
Aug 26, 2011

I wonder how hard it is to be an editor.  I checked transcriptionists work for years when I was inhouse.  I figured I could do it. ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...