A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tips on how to land a job that requires experience? Have you ever... - anon

Posted: Jan 21, 2011

landed a job that required experience that you did not have? I am getting so very frustrated. I have a job now that covers maybe a week and a half of groceries every month. I am pretty new to this field, but due to a ridiculously long college program, I have studied for well over a year and I know my stuff. I test very well and I know what I am doing. All I want at this point is a job with work available, but all of the decent deals seem to require experience. I just need some way around this. I have tried applying wherever I could that would let me take a test right away, but there aren't many companies like that from what I have seen. You know, I would even gladly accept 6 cpl at this point, I just need the WORK to do!

experience can be had in-house before working at home, think that is what they want. - good luck! NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I can't do that though... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a little one at home. I just keep thinking there has got to be some other way! I have the skills and I can do the work just as well as anyone else!

I can't do that though - why not?

[ In Reply To ..]
There are millions of moms that go to work outside of their house every day. If that is what it takes to ultimately get you the experience you need to stay at home, then you have to bite the bullet and do it. Years ago there were hardly any at home transcription jobs, most were done on-site by mothers who had to leave their little ones and go to work each day.
I was about to post the same comment about - working outside the SM
[ In Reply To ..]
home and needing day care for my daughter because that is what I had to do as well. After I read your post, I started to think about how things were different at that time. Financially, I was a single mom, could afford ab apartment, day care, and everything else I needed for myself and my daughter without much problem. My rent was about $300 a month, I think day care was about $50 a week, etc. I don't think I am making much more than I was at that time now. The cost of living has risen so much over the years. I wonder what it now costs to have 1 child in daycare. Where I live, a 1-bedroom apartment costs about $800 to $900 a month. Everything has changed (for the worse IMO) so it might be more difficult for the OP to work outside the home. JMO
This is where a strong social support system comes in handy. - Hayseed
[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't have that though, like friends or family to help out with taking care of the kids, and if money is tight, a person can be in quite the pickle.

I have some friends trying to raise 2 kids on their own--no family to help them, no one they trust who live nearby, and they are really struggling and near their breaking point...and they actually have $$, so sometimes money isn't everything either.

It is hard out there :(
Exactly - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
When my daughter was in daycare full-time, it was running us over $400 a month. That simply could not continue. So here I am back at home, at least for now. :-)
For many reasons, but I did not make this post to argue about why I can't work.... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
outside the home. I have two little babies, and I have many reasons why I can't work outside the home. So, yes, I am in a bit of a pickle, and that is why I posted this to see if anyone had any ideas. I am employed, as I said in my original post, but just need more work, or maybe even a second part-time job.
Maybe those "millions of moms" - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
are fortunate enough to have family or someone sit with their children while they are at work, or their spouses make good enough money to pay for the outrageous cost of childcare these days. Everyone's situation is different. I know that's why I returned home to work because I simply can't fork over more than a quarter of my paycheck to daycare. And for a private sitter, you're talking about much more money.

There is no way around it - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are good companies out there who hire newbies from the top 3 MT schools if they test well. If you did not graduate from one of these, or at least a school that used the SUM program, your chances of landing a decent MT job quickly are slim.

You will have to pay your dues and take whatever you can get to gain the experience needed to land a better job. If you are as good as you say and test well, keep applying with every company that will let you apply/test without the experience advertised for and sooner or later something may pan out. Unfortunately, the market is saturated with new MTs and, with plenty of experienced MTs to choose from, new MTs are having a tough time getting their foot in the door even from the best schools.

here is some food for thought - absorb

[ In Reply To ..]
You very well might have done excellent in schoool, but there is no way that you "know what you are doing." That is why companies say that they need someone experienced.

You only know what the school taught you, which is not experience. It is like a thin layer of icing on a cake.

You can test for every company out there that allows tests and maybe someone will give you a chance.

Besides, it is impossible to do this job at home with little ones, it requires concentration and quiet! Seriously!

I'll say it again - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone's situation is different, "seriously"! I do this job from home and I have a 5-year-old. I have no problems.

I actually started working from home when she was first born, then went back to work in-house when she was about 2-1/2 years old. The childcare cost was crazy. I did that for a little over 2 years. Now it's back home again, at least for now.

Something that you might believe is impossible may not be impossible for all.

Food for thought.

AGREED. - Not one of the "millions"

[ In Reply To ..]
...and for some moms, childcare is not an option for reasons other than cost. I am one of those moms. I will be the one to raise my children. It can be done at home with kids. It's called discipline and organization.
Daycare - MTC
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree that it can be done at home with kids. Sure it can get rough at times with little ones being demanding.They deserve my time, which is why I find it easy to get up at 4:00 a.m. and stay up at night to work. Not everyone has that option though. My pay is not the greatest, but it pays the bills. It is nice to know I am in charge of raising my babies, not someone else. All the money in the world can't replace that.
working with two babies at home... - liz
[ In Reply To ..]
is easier said than done. Most likely you'll have to get a sitter or do daycare anyways. When you attempt to work at home with babies and you are single, you have to completely neglect your children or send them somewhere. Babies need someone looking out for them.
I appreciate everyone's concern about daycare, etc. - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]
But I truly fear that what the MT should be primarily focused on--PATIENT CARE--is being compromised so moms can stay home with children. MT did not used to be about being a daycare service. It used to be about being a profession. We need to have better BOUNDARIES between our home lives/needs and the needs of the profession.
I totally agree!! - newMt
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with your post about being able to work from home with kids. It just depends on everyone's situations but I have been able to do it for about a year now. yes, it can be hectic but well worth it when you are the one that is taking care of your kids and providing for them. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Re: food for thought...agreed - sm - All Ears

[ In Reply To ..]
As a fairly recent grad from one of the top three schools who actually managed to land a job fairly quickly after graduation, I can tell you that I now understand why some companies do not want to hire newbies. I had the best education available, yet while I "know" things I have been taught, applying them in a job situation is entirely different. My MTSO has been very patient in coaching me along, but I can see why some companies would not want to bother.

That said, your best bet is finding small companies that have a 24 hour TAT that will let you test. Companies with a short TAT don't have time to mentor new MTs. You may end up doing clinic notes, but at least you will be working.

tips to ANON - emily84

[ In Reply To ..]
Honey, regardless of what some will say, it is NOT impossible to do the job with little ones around. Sure, it will take longer, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! I know, because I started my job when I was pregnant and my daughter is going on three and I have NEVER had a babysitter while I was working. So, some will say you cannot, but you can. Good luck!! Hope you find a position soon.

HAHA WHAT A JOKE! (RE: Food for thought) I wish I had seen this earlier! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
OK...

1. I already have a job, I got one before I even finished school, and I have made almost no errors since I started.

2. Yes, MT is not an easy career, and it requires hard work and a lot of studying, but it is certainly not rocket science. I have heard many times that I am better than most MTs with 2-3 years of experience. I do know what I am doing, trust me.

3. It is very easy to do when little ones are at home. I wake up hours before them, go to bed hours after them, and they take naps. If I can't concentrate, then why is my work so free of errors?

then why having such a problem finding a job? - wonder

[ In Reply To ..]
Thought your first post was that you cannot find a job with "no experience" but you obviously have experience if you have a job.

You also said that you barely work, so there is a big difference in working a few hours a week versus actually working.

Ok, we all get the point that you are so over-qualified and make no errors, so I wonder why you are having such a difficult time getting another job, I would think they would be pounding down your door, especially for the 6 cpl you are willing to work for.

You are new, so I will give you about 5 years and then you come back and let us all know how wet behind the ears you really were.
Job - you misunderstood a lot of things in my post - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I have had a job for four months. Obviously not the 2-3 years of experience that that types of jobs I want require.

I work more than a few hours a week. The problem is I have very busy weeks with crazy amounts of work, then 5 days with no work. So I do know what it is like to work 5-8 hours a day and care for my kids. As I said, I get up early, stay up late, and work during their naps - whatever I need to do.

I never said I was overqualified. In my initial post, I just said that I could do the work as well as anyone else and that I knew what I was doing, and someone replied that there was no way I knew what I was doing because I haven't been working long enough. As far as the job, I have never TRIED to apply to one of these positions asking for a year or more of experience; that is why I was asking if anyone had any tips before I do. I have tested for one other company and aced the test (a test that other long-time MTs on here have said that they failed), but they are not hiring at the moment.

A lot of companies do not offer you a test until they have looked over your resume/qualifications, so I am pretty sure I am overlooked when I apply for a job. THAT is why companies aren't pounding on my door. Because they don't want newbies. Duh.
overlooked - did you say duh?
[ In Reply To ..]
Duh...

First off, a lot of companies will not let you work whenever your kids are asleep. They want a schedule! DUH

Second, anyone can pass an open book test. You are inexperienced no matter how you look at it. We all get that you think you are way better than the experienced MTs. If that were the case, you would have a different job by now. DUH

Third, GROW UP. DUH
It is very easy to find a schedule that will... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
let you work either early morning or late night. Not all companies want an exact schedule, especially not 24 hour TAT companies. The ones that do, I can easily do a very early morning. There are many, many ways to do it, as I am sure you have seen the responses from all the other MTs on here that work with kids at home.

Now, you are saying anyone can pass an open book test?! First of all, don't we have an "open book" career?!?! The ability to utilize reference materials is one of the most important parts of our job!!!!!! And NOT everyone can pass these tests that certain companies give out - they have very grainy audio, are heavy in difficult terminology, and have ESL dictators. They purposefully choose bad dictations. There are a lot of MTs who are quite good that have trouble passing the tests.

Again, I never said I am "way better than the experienced MTs". You are being childish by twisting what I said. I will repeat again, I initially said I can do the work just as well as anyone else. When I was told that could just not possibly be true, I said that I have been told that I am better than a lot of MTs with years of experience and that I have passed tests that other MTs with much more experience have not passed. I may sound like I am tooting my own horn to you, but I am merely defending myself by stating facts. Some of you have a really bad, high-and-mighty attitude just because you have experience. Some MTs have been doing this for 20 years and are horrible at it because they never cared to study and learn the right way to do things.

I believe I explained in detail why I don't have another job yet. A lot of companies overlook me. I have yet to fail an employment test, and the ones I have taken and passed just so happen to not be hiring at the moment.

I believe the word "duh" was appropriate considering the childish nature of everything that was being said. I don't know why a newbie being good at what she does gets you so fired up, but YOU need to grow up.

you can do this job with little ones at home - NewMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wanted to let you know that you can do this job at home with little ones. I have two little ones at home and I am also a "newer" MT but I have worked from home for about a year and my little ones were home with me the whole time. Now yes, sometimes depending on my husbands work schedule he was here to helpt out. But I also got up earlier than my kids and worked while they napped and I always had my work completeted in more than enough time. I too always heard great feedback from my employers on how well my work was done and without errors. That proves that it can be done with children at home.

To Ha Ha, anon.... I was wondering - sandibug

[ In Reply To ..]
You said you had a job before you graduated. I was just wondering what school you went to? I'm a newbie too that thought I went to a top school. I sure researched into it before applying. We used the SUM program but it's just that I kinda thought my school would be a little more helpful in helping me in this challenging part of landing a job with no experience. You inspired me. On the other hand, the person responding to you I find offensive. This is my first time posting on a chat board and I can't believe how hostile it gets, especially when people express confidence. WOW

Sandibug, it sure can be hostile... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have noticed any time there is a forum with mostly women it gets this way.

I actually went to my local community college. They had a decent program, and since you used the SUM program, you probably got better training than I did. Here is the thing - I did much more than my class work. I did a lot of studying and made sure I knew everything there was to know about transcription. I read my transcription book in its entirety on my own and made sure that I learned everything in it. Transcription rules, grammar and punctuation rules, etc. Then I did a lot of practicing by taking online tests for the companies that offer them. Some of them I turned in and some I didn't because I wasn't interested in the position, but it was a great way to learn how to figure out a tough word and develop listening skills. All it takes is a lot of studying to know what you are doing. Study the BOS, know your terminology, A&P, etc. (You probably know these things from school.) That should give you enough of a base to do well. After that, you just need to know how to use reference materials and proofread your work effectively.

As far as getting a job, from what I have seen, you just need to test well and find a company that hires newbies. They are out there, but it can take a lot of time and research to find them. That is what happened to me, I just figured what the heck, I'm going to start trying to get a job. I took an employment test, did well, and they hired me. Now, I also just happened to apply when they were building a new team. If you have been applying these last couple of months, don't be discouraged, because things are very slow during the holidays, and it is that much harder to find a job. You should just apply to as many places as you can, particularly looking for places that let you take a transcription test, and do well on the test. They usually don't have a time limit, so you can take all the time you need to perfect it and learn.

Another thing I would strongly recommend when just starting out is to have the BOS on CD. Most of the tricky transcription rules you run into can be found there, and if you have it on your computer, you can use the search funciton and find what you are looking for quickly.

** Another thing that may be helpful - from my experience, there are only 5 skills you need to be an excellent transcriptionist:

1. Know all grammar and punctuation rules.
2. Know your basic medical terms so that you aren't totally lost.
3. Know transcription rules according to BOS and/or the particular account you are working on.
4. Know how and when to use reference materials and know how to use them when you can't figure out a word.
5. Know how to proofread.

thank you anon - sandibug
[ In Reply To ..]
That was some great advice. I am a little behind in getting out there. Some family matters have slowed me a bit aside from a little vacation I took so I am still working on a resume. I used to have to edit my resume way down but now I am having a really hard time putting something down at all since..... you know, no experience. I know once I have a great resume, one that I am confident with, I myself will feel more confident in applying. I know it may seem dumb to get stuck on someting like that, but I just am... anyway, I'm glad to hear it's a slow time right now so perhaps I havn't missed out on too much. I am so grateful for the time you took in that thoughtfull response. I am realizing what a valuable tool this chat board is.
You are welcome! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It feels really good to help someone after I have received so much advice myself!

This chat board can def. be very helpful. Even though you have your occasional drama starter, most people are very helpful and nice.

That is how I was about my resume too. My instructor actually helped a lot with that. I had no clue what to do, so here was the advice I was given: Since you have no experience, make the main subject of your resume your classes and training. Highlight and describe in detail what you studied, what you transcribed, how many hours, etc. I put down my college courses and then a description of each class similar to what was in my college catalog. It came out looking pretty nice.

Also, thank you for your kind responses. They were nice to read after reading some of that earlier junk!
to anon - newmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I also posted a while back with an innocent question about experience and finding a job and got some irate responses as well. Just ignore those people..obviously they are not happy and should just get out of MT. I am also looking for a job so a lot of things on this board can be helpful but I am just careful what I ask or how I word things here. Good luck to you and I hope you find something soon.
Anon - I would add one thing to the list - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
6. Don't indulge in sexism; i.e., assuming that women or men are more likely to do something. It is unprofessional, and if voiced, illegal in the workplace. In California, if you were to say "anytime there are a bunch of women who....." it would very likely cause you your job. Please think about this.

Here is where you can find tips on how to land a job that requires experience - Jasmine

[ In Reply To ..]
You can check out this site below and it tells you how to create your MT resume, so it does not lack the MT experience. It also shows you other things about medical transcription. It helped me out, hopefully it does for you. Good luck!!

Similar Messages:

How Do You Land That First Job?
May 25, 2010

I heard that coding is a career where it is hard to land that first job because experience is wanted. Is that true? I'd appreciate any input. ...

MT CO-OP. Am I In Fantasy Land? (sm)
Jan 30, 2014

Those of us who have many years experience know that very, very few doctors can be trusted to actually proof and correctly edit their reports.  Am I wrong in thinking that this will lead to a lot more malpractice suits which will cause malpractice insurance to dramatically rise?  We know that they want to replace us completely, but will the doctors learn to dictate the first name and address, email or fax of all the docs they wish to cc?  Of course not.  This necessitates off ...

HAPPY NEW EARS TO YOU ALL IN MQ LAND
Dec 31, 2009

No it is not a typo, and yes I am drinking.  So what.  ...

Anyone Out There In MT Land With A Back Problem
Mar 22, 2011

Anyone out there have any back problems and have found the perfect chair or cushion or back support that helps you with comfort while sitting at the computer all day.  Looking for some references. ...

There Must Be Problems In MM ASR Land Today.
Jun 17, 2013

Getting a lot of straight typing on accounts that are normally 99% ASR. ...

Land Mines And Booby Traps
Nov 26, 2013

I am having one of THOSE days where there are tons of errors! The numbering on meds and diagnoses are wrong about 90% of the time! They tell us our PERCENT OF ACCURACY. What is the ACCURACY of VR????? I'll bet doctors would be horrified if they saw the stuff that we need to fix, except they are too busy to give a crap about us. Days like this I just feel like I am walking through a field packed with land mines, knowing I have a good chance of stepping on one! Does anyone else get sc ...

Does Anyone Do VR That Requires Very Little Correction (sm)
Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections.  ...

Windows 7 With Platform That Requires XP
Aug 11, 2011

Ok here is my question.  Does anyone have Windows 7 Professional on their computer and use it for a platform that requires Windows XP?  The reason I'm asking is...I want to buy a new computer but you cannot get Windows XP any longer, only Windows 7.  I talked to tech support at Dell and they told me that if I am wanting XP, I will need to go with Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.  They said that XP runs inside of that, whatever that means.  I am wondering since X ...

Requires At Least 1 Weekend Day To Work?
Nov 21, 2011

I've applied at Probity, Accentus and RI Transciption.  Anyone currently working at these companies and if so, do they require weekend work?  I cannot find any scheduling requirements such as Sunday-Thur or Tues through Saturday.  I prefer M-F but I know that's out with most companies.  Thanks !! ...

Just Saw That Texas Requires Coders To Be
Sep 29, 2012

I was just looking at the Tarrant County College website.  It is in Ft Worth.  It said that medical coders in Texas are required to be certified.  Anyone have more info on that? I think it is a great idea.   ...

Moving To No Mans Land Aka Paradise.. Internet Options Suggestions Needed!
Oct 21, 2010

I am only able to find a privately owned local phone company in this small town to offer Internet, through the phone, requires a landline (which I really did not need). Pricing: $100.  For 750 min long distance, call waiting, caller ID, DSL - 3MB.  VERY expensive just for internet and phone line!Insane...ALL calls ANYWHERE except within just two small communities within 5 miles of our new house are long distance!  So, we will be using our cell phones for all calls. There are no ot ...

Wage And Hour Board Requires OT Pay.
Oct 11, 2012

The U.S. Dept. of Labor requires time and a half pay for all hours over 40 worked in a work week.  (I think only if employee status.)  We are considered piecemeal workers and indeed are eligible for OT pay. This is to be paid at time and a half of your calculated average pay.  I think Nuance is good about paying OT pay as you log in and out on their time clock.  It is time we start including OT hours on our invoices.  You might want to calculate your average hourly r ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Why Silent Type Requires An In-house Training?
Jun 20, 2010

Does anybody know why Silent Type requires an in-house training?  Is the platform so complicated that it can't be done through a Webinar or even just on the phone?  I've worked for a few places over the years, and there was nothing that couldn't be handled in a phone call with, at most, some graphics in a Go To Meeting type deal.  I just find it curious and makes me worry, like--if the platform is that cumbersome and complicated, do I want to work for them? Even when I w ...

Where Can I Find The Policy That Requires Us To Have A Quality Score Of 99%?
Jul 06, 2012

I am under quality review from my supervisor. My quality score was 97.9%, and my reports are being graded in India from the same 3 people. I asked if I could have some new QAs/QCs because I think they are biased. I was told that was not possible. This is part of my quality review email from my main supervisor. I don't have a permanet TL now: You have until the end of next week to get your quality scores up to 98% and staying there on a consistent basis, or your employm ...

Keystrokes - B4, Docuscribe Platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD)
Nov 20, 2009

Could anybody please describe these platforms and which one(s) are the better?    B4, Docuscribe platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD).  Thank you. ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Company Requires "professional Liability Insurance" Through Employer.
Jun 04, 2010

Does anyone have experience with this? I am not sure what to think.  I feel that the record is the responsibility of the author and/or the supervising physician.  ...

Amphion Requires "verifiable Download Time"??
Sep 25, 2010

On the first page of the Amphion job application, they're saying that you have to have a verifiable download time of 768 kbps or thereabouts, and they have a link so you can test this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have to do with the volume load at any given time? Are they serious, owned by a major ISP, or what? My speed for Bellsouth lowest speed DSL was only a third that speed, but on a weekend... ...

Tips
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone got tips on pacing themselves or how to make things go smoother.  I am a new MT and really want to do well since I left a good job to work from home, as it was a dream of mine.  I realize that patient is a virtue.  Something that I would like to possess more of. I am setting up my shortcuts, and feel like I am working my fingers to the bone, and not getting anywhere.  Any tips and advice on things that will help me move right along will be much helpful.  ...

MQ DQS ASR Tips
Jul 15, 2011

Been tracking my work for the last couple of years on ASR, am able to calculate my paycheck usually within a dollar of what it should be upon deposit into my account, and thought I'd share some tips I've learned from ASR: Keep your fingers on the keyboard. Anyone who says they are bored doing ASR isn't doing it right. It is just as challenging as typing, even more so because of the concentration required. It is much like playing the piano in that one's fingers are always mov ...

ASR Tips Revisited
Jan 28, 2010

Have read through numerous tips on this board on how to increase productivity (TY), but for the life of me can't seem to make much progress. There is one HUGE hurdle that slows me down terribly. At the very beginning of dictation, where the dictating physician says all the mumbo jumbo that should not be in a report - ADT info - we are to place a skip marker (and as far as my experience, it doesn't make much sense to place any more unless there is a blatant gap where none of the garbage ...

Burnout: Any Tips To Get Over It? Sm
Jan 31, 2010

I have been an MT for 13 years and lately I have been suffering from severe burnout.  I need the money so badly!!!  But it seems impossible to stay focused on my work.  Sometimes sitting down transcribing is nearly impossible - feels like trying to swallow bad cough medicine or something!  I have tried putting up pictures of reasons I need to be focusing and typing and have tried challenging myself with line counts, etc.  I just dont seem to be able to do it.  ...

Tips For Success With VR
May 14, 2010

Learning to use VR can be accomplished by any MT who has solid MT skills and is knowledgeable about their work.  I do not believe newbies or grads within their first 2 years should be using VR without QA backup (just my opinion). 1.  You have to want to learn to use it effectively.  If you try to do it kicking and screaming, being obstinant, you simply will hinder your learning curve and depth significantly.  2.  It takes time.  You will not learn it overnight.&nb ...

Any Tips About Proofreading
Jul 26, 2010

Any tips about proofreading? I am an MT intern consistently getting high 90s for grades in Acute Care but 99% is required to pass the program.   Tps for perfecting MT proofreading would be appreciated. I seem to make dumb mistakes and just  don't see them when I proofread.   Maple Grandma ...

What Are Your Production Tips?
May 15, 2011

I know that everyone says there is no money in VR, but sometimes you have to take the job you are given and be thankful for that. The account I am working on is 99% VR.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips on being productive.  For example, do you look at your report first and fix any obvious errors and then listen to the dictation or do you just jump right in with the dictation and do it all then?  Currently, I make about 5cpl for VR, which compared to some quotes I have rea ...

Tips For Motivation?
May 18, 2011

eee gads, every have one of those nights, or one of those weeks? what do you do when you just can't seem to get in the groove? maybe its the mt week contests and knowing I will never win anything (even though I meet all the production requirements) plus just plain wore out from trying to move for the past week or so.  tried to get some PTO, but never get approved. and then add to it the 3rd shift blues.  no matter what, just can't keep my eyes open! ...

SR Tips & Tricks
Sep 09, 2011

I am fairly new to SR and have been doing it for about a month.  Does anyone out there have any tips to share on how to become quicker?  I have memorized keyboard commands and am trying to speed up dictation.  Is that all there is to be successful at this? ...

Extext Tips?
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips on editing in Extext? ...

Tips For Those Just Starting DQS 7...smg
May 15, 2012

If you don't like those panels on the side of your text screen showing, you can drag the right and left margins of text screen to widen the text screen.  You can also drag the upper and lower margins.    You can enlarge the size of the font and change the style of the font (which only will change it on your end, not the client's end).  I am not in the program right now, but I think it is under Tools at the top, then click on the tabs to see which one has the font ...