A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Land mines and booby traps - 7thchild

Posted: Nov 26, 2013

I am having one of THOSE days where there are tons of errors! The numbering on meds and diagnoses are wrong about 90% of the time! They tell us our PERCENT OF ACCURACY. What is the ACCURACY of VR????? I'll bet doctors would be horrified if they saw the stuff that we need to fix, except they are too busy to give a crap about us. Days like this I just feel like I am walking through a field packed with land mines, knowing I have a good chance of stepping on one! Does anyone else get scolded for not being fast enough? If I speed up I make more mistakes, then I get yelled at for that. I REALLY WANT to find work somewhere else but TWO things keep me here, I have an 18 year old autistic daughter in school who can not get on a bus by herself. Besides that, I have horrible life changing IBS-D and I need to be near a bathroom constantly. I get so depressed thinking what has happened to this field over the last few years. I used to be the first one to volunteer when they wanted extra help. Now I refuse, just not worth the pennies I'm making and the aggravation.

2 things you probably heard already - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
1. I know you probably have already done all this since she's 18, but just in case, are you drawing the social security benefit for caring for a disabled child http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/ssi.htm and
2. Have you tried the paleo diet, apple cider vinegar and probiotics for the IBS-D? I don't know how I existed before, and I know exactly what you mean.

2 things you probably heard already - 7thchild

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks SM
We are in the process of finding a special needs lawyer to do just that! Luckily she can be in the school system until 22 and she goes to a vocational high school, so we are blessed in that regard.

In regards to the IBS-D,thanks for the info! I finally started seeing my GI doc again and he did start probiotics a few weeks ago. It seems to be helping so far!

Thanks again for your support. :)

I linked to the wrong SSA.gov here's the right one - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This is for adult children with disabilities.
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability/

Similar Messages:

How Do You Land That First Job?
May 25, 2010

I heard that coding is a career where it is hard to land that first job because experience is wanted. Is that true? I'd appreciate any input. ...

MT CO-OP. Am I In Fantasy Land? (sm)
Jan 30, 2014

Those of us who have many years experience know that very, very few doctors can be trusted to actually proof and correctly edit their reports.  Am I wrong in thinking that this will lead to a lot more malpractice suits which will cause malpractice insurance to dramatically rise?  We know that they want to replace us completely, but will the doctors learn to dictate the first name and address, email or fax of all the docs they wish to cc?  Of course not.  This necessitates off ...

HAPPY NEW EARS TO YOU ALL IN MQ LAND
Dec 31, 2009

No it is not a typo, and yes I am drinking.  So what.  ...

Anyone Out There In MT Land With A Back Problem
Mar 22, 2011

Anyone out there have any back problems and have found the perfect chair or cushion or back support that helps you with comfort while sitting at the computer all day.  Looking for some references. ...

There Must Be Problems In MM ASR Land Today.
Jun 17, 2013

Getting a lot of straight typing on accounts that are normally 99% ASR. ...

Tips On How To Land A Job That Requires Experience? Have You Ever...
Jan 21, 2011

landed a job that required experience that you did not have? I am getting so very frustrated. I have a job now that covers maybe a week and a half of groceries every month. I am pretty new to this field, but due to a ridiculously long college program, I have studied for well over a year and I know my stuff. I test very well and I know what I am doing. All I want at this point is a job with work available, but all of the decent deals seem to require experience. I just need some way around this. I ...

Moving To No Mans Land Aka Paradise.. Internet Options Suggestions Needed!
Oct 21, 2010

I am only able to find a privately owned local phone company in this small town to offer Internet, through the phone, requires a landline (which I really did not need). Pricing: $100.  For 750 min long distance, call waiting, caller ID, DSL - 3MB.  VERY expensive just for internet and phone line!Insane...ALL calls ANYWHERE except within just two small communities within 5 miles of our new house are long distance!  So, we will be using our cell phones for all calls. There are no ot ...