A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where can I find the policy that requires us to have a quality score of 99%? - hypertyper

Posted: Jul 06, 2012

I am under quality review from my supervisor. My quality score was 97.9%, and my reports are being graded in India from the same 3 people. I asked if I could have some new QAs/QCs because I think they are biased. I was told that was not possible.

This is part of my quality review email from my main supervisor. I don't have a permanet TL now:

You have until the end of next week to get your quality scores up to 98% and staying there on a consistent basis, or your employment with NTS could be in jeopardy.  The goal then is that at the end of 2 weeks from then, your score will be 99%. 

Does the part about employment being in jeopardy mean I will be fired or will they just string me along some more?

Let them fire you. Collect UE for as long as you can. - myplan

[ In Reply To ..]
For the first 6 months, they were on me about that header crap. I am sick to death of what this field has become. I have been job hunting for a few weeks now. Cannot wait to get out of this field.

I've complained from the start about 99% for incentive pay, - but 98% is industry standard. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Hypertyper, your job right now is to just get your quality up to industry standard. If QA's unreasonable, that stinks, it is unfair, but we've all been there. Follow all instructions religiously. Insist on clarification when they're not clear, copying your supervisor on all requests for clarification of ambiguity or conflicting messages. Do that, get off their list, and put this behind you.

BTW, I so far I have been earning incentive pay with NTS, not a whole lot, but since I have to work anyway a nice addition to the paycheck. Since they want 99% eventually anyway, you'll be qualifying, so go get you some. Why not?

BTW, forgot to mention, after I got a couple of e-mails early on about mistakes with dates in wrong place, wrong account #, etc., I broke down and started doing little spot reviews of my own reports before sending. A swift scan up to double check header info and text formatting, and then skimming just a paragraph or two in each report--not the whole thing since we're all trying to be fast these days and minimize lost income. It's made a difference. Takes time I don't want to spend (literally) but just a few seconds per report.

QA lately - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been here a year or so with my QA scores above the 99%, and overall it still is; however, lately they are coming after us on a weekly basis for 1 low scoring report in a field of 100%, even if our OVERALL score is over 99%. I got a nasty e-mail that I had failed on 1 report (again my overall score was over the 99%).

I have disputed QA scores and have never had one officially reversed even when my TL agrees it was an incorrect score.

QA seems on a rampage lately. Is it just me or is this happening to everyone?
No. But I'll sure be watching. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

QA policy - MT30+years

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the only company I am having QA problems with. I will pass 100% on 1 report, then 99.75% on second report, then fail at 97.5% on the third report. This has been happening to me consistently. I was told to slow down and improve on QA and when I do then I have MUP that I get yelled at about. Clearly I feel that I cannot do anything right for this company or TL. I wished I never worked for this company but for now I am stuck!!!! This QA with this company is needlessly punitive. I thought I was a good MT until I came to this company 6 months ago.

You are not alone - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for over 15 years, have always maintained QA scores and even worked in QA myself. Now I find myself in the same siutation you are in.

The QA is inconsistent and punitive.

That's terrible, and there is no acceptable excuse. I came - over with WMX, and they know how to do it well. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

can anyone say ..... - MEDQUIST??? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Question for you - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you have to go back on Non-DSP? Also, did you lose your QA for the entire quarter for the one bad score?

I am confused about QA bonus and am feeling like the time has come to just get out of MT. I can't take it anymore. I have been doing this for so long but they have beaten me down and I just can't take it any more.

Similar Messages:

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Where Can I Find The Policy About Holiday Time Off?
Oct 22, 2014

x ...

Death In The Family And Cannot Find The Bereavement Policy
Mar 01, 2011

Just had a death in the family and cannot find the berevement policy.  Can someone tell me what it is?  In my state of mind can't find it. THanx ...

DSG-anybody Find The Sound Quality Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

And if so, how do you fix it? ...

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

Does Anyone Do VR That Requires Very Little Correction (sm)
Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections.  ...

Windows 7 With Platform That Requires XP
Aug 11, 2011

Ok here is my question.  Does anyone have Windows 7 Professional on their computer and use it for a platform that requires Windows XP?  The reason I'm asking is...I want to buy a new computer but you cannot get Windows XP any longer, only Windows 7.  I talked to tech support at Dell and they told me that if I am wanting XP, I will need to go with Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.  They said that XP runs inside of that, whatever that means.  I am wondering since X ...

Requires At Least 1 Weekend Day To Work?
Nov 21, 2011

I've applied at Probity, Accentus and RI Transciption.  Anyone currently working at these companies and if so, do they require weekend work?  I cannot find any scheduling requirements such as Sunday-Thur or Tues through Saturday.  I prefer M-F but I know that's out with most companies.  Thanks !! ...

Just Saw That Texas Requires Coders To Be
Sep 29, 2012

I was just looking at the Tarrant County College website.  It is in Ft Worth.  It said that medical coders in Texas are required to be certified.  Anyone have more info on that? I think it is a great idea.   ...

Tips On How To Land A Job That Requires Experience? Have You Ever...
Jan 21, 2011

landed a job that required experience that you did not have? I am getting so very frustrated. I have a job now that covers maybe a week and a half of groceries every month. I am pretty new to this field, but due to a ridiculously long college program, I have studied for well over a year and I know my stuff. I test very well and I know what I am doing. All I want at this point is a job with work available, but all of the decent deals seem to require experience. I just need some way around this. I ...

Wage And Hour Board Requires OT Pay.
Oct 11, 2012

The U.S. Dept. of Labor requires time and a half pay for all hours over 40 worked in a work week.  (I think only if employee status.)  We are considered piecemeal workers and indeed are eligible for OT pay. This is to be paid at time and a half of your calculated average pay.  I think Nuance is good about paying OT pay as you log in and out on their time clock.  It is time we start including OT hours on our invoices.  You might want to calculate your average hourly r ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Why Silent Type Requires An In-house Training?
Jun 20, 2010

Does anybody know why Silent Type requires an in-house training?  Is the platform so complicated that it can't be done through a Webinar or even just on the phone?  I've worked for a few places over the years, and there was nothing that couldn't be handled in a phone call with, at most, some graphics in a Go To Meeting type deal.  I just find it curious and makes me worry, like--if the platform is that cumbersome and complicated, do I want to work for them? Even when I w ...

Keystrokes - B4, Docuscribe Platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD)
Nov 20, 2009

Could anybody please describe these platforms and which one(s) are the better?    B4, Docuscribe platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD).  Thank you. ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Company Requires "professional Liability Insurance" Through Employer.
Jun 04, 2010

Does anyone have experience with this? I am not sure what to think.  I feel that the record is the responsibility of the author and/or the supervising physician.  ...

Amphion Requires "verifiable Download Time"??
Sep 25, 2010

On the first page of the Amphion job application, they're saying that you have to have a verifiable download time of 768 kbps or thereabouts, and they have a link so you can test this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have to do with the volume load at any given time? Are they serious, owned by a major ISP, or what? My speed for Bellsouth lowest speed DSL was only a third that speed, but on a weekend... ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What The NJA Policy Is?
Jan 01, 2010

I can't seem to find anything on MQ Central.  I just started last week and already have no work.  What am I supposed to do?  I cannot get ahold of manager.  TIA ...

OT Policy
Mar 19, 2011

Let me see if I have this right - I am thinking about going FT and this never applied to me much before.  So if we work overtime we get paid our benefit rate x 1.5 - we don't get paid per line for anything over that.  Correct? ...

What Is The Policy Of NJA?
Mar 23, 2011

For the past few weeks I have been getting NJA all night every night!  I am barely making my hours or money that I need.  Am I allowed to make up some of this time during the day.  I have fixed my schedule so the time I work is the time I have allowed myself with my 3 kids and all the demands of my household.  I really can't work any extra at night.  I barely sleep as it is with getting off the computer at 1 am and putting the kids on the bus at 6:30 am.  I thi ...

QA Policy
Dec 29, 2012

Our company was just bought by MModal.  Can anyone explain to me the 5% policy on sending reports to QA? ...

Possible Use Of New NJA Policy?
Sep 05, 2013

I know this isn't what they intend, but I'm wondering if we need to stick to our schedules anymore.  If we can "make it up" in the same day, is it necessary to wait til our scheduled start time if we usually run out?  I mean, why wait til our scheduled second shift hours if we're afraid of running out?  Can't we get on earlier ("same day") and get whatever is available then?  I'm not saying this is fair to those who are scheduled earlier, but there� ...

PTO Policy
Sep 10, 2013

So help me understand this "new" policy.  Are we taking a cut in what we accrue for PTO?  I have over 15 years with this company and find it hard to believe longevity/loyalty do NOT count.  So as I read it, the person that started yesterday will accrue at the same rate as me?  "full time employees will accrue 0.059 hgours of PTO for each paid hour up to a maximum of 4.62 hours  acrrued in a pay period."  HUH?  Not real clear to me.  So we only get 4.62 hours per pay period?  Havin ...

New NJA Policy
Feb 03, 2014

I would love to know how people are handling this new NJA policy.  As I understand it, if we get NJA during our work schedule, we are supposed to keep checking back for work through our shift.  We are allowed to work at any time up until midnight to get in our hours for the day without approval.  I really think if they have no work during your shift, they should pay your benefit rate for the hours there is no work.  I know some states have this, but mine does not.  It just does not seem rig ...

New PTO Policy???
Jan 21, 2015

Anyone heard when the new PTO policy is going to be rolling out.  I thought they said it would be in January, so does that mean in Nuance time March/April?   Maybe they have to wait until they have "perfected" Fiesa.  This post audit M crap .. I feel soooo sorry for them having problems. My TSM has been on conference calls a lot the last week or so.  Much more so than usual, but getting no info from her.  Anyone else have a TSM that is sharing info? ...

No Work Policy
Dec 02, 2009

Can anyone explain the no work policy?  If you are not in one of those few states listed, does that mean you recieve your state's minimum wage rate for hours missed?  Am I reading this wrong? ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

Downtime Policy?
Nov 04, 2010

Can someone tell me the policy for downtime?  Do we log out?  How much downtime do we get paid?  Cant get into MQ Central to find policy. ...

What Is MQ's Bereavement Policy?
Nov 14, 2011

My father passed away this morning.  ...